This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2010-05-25

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
MINUTES for EXTRAORDINARY PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 25/05/2010---
IRC/Telco


1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI Coreteam

Gregory
Joachim
Jerry
Aleksandar
Nicco joined 5 Minutes later, had technical problems later

1.2 - Others

n.a.

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 21 : 13 (CEST) by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Jerry
Quorum established with 4 of 7 Coreteam members present.
Meeting closed at 21 : 31 (CEST) by Gregory

3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS

4 - AGENDA

4.1 - Regular meetings (proposed by Jerry)

Due to some people not being able to participate in the meetings on Mondays we have to change the date of the regular meetings. The proposal is Tuesdays 21h00.
Link to the doodle calendar: http://doodle.com/2pfdsw7v3cyg9di6
Should the regular meetings of the PPI board take place every Tuesday 21.00 until further notice?
Proposal Passed(Yes: 4| No: 0| Abstain: 0).

4.2 - Next PPI conference (proposed by blaeks)

Sarajevo to be next ppi meeting place. There is a lot of international press, the area was damaged heavily by war and other s*it that happened there. Also, I have connections with some Croats having the initiative to form a PP too. So this meeting will boost pp movement in several big countries in this region.
And FYI today Sarajevo is a great place to be, because of the good food, friendly people and a lot of international presence.
ah, yes the BiH PP would be the only political organization in Bosnia connecting all divided sides from past war!!! also, in the context of freedom invasions this would be monumental for international press if Serbia take over Bosnia with freedom or Croatia. And that is our plan for this summer:)
Gregory: already other requests; we should make a public request. Question should be referred to conference taskforce, with public discussion.
Bleaks: not vote now, Sarajevo perhaps not ready yet.
Gregory: proposal to discuss a time schedule now. Statutes not 100% clear ("once a year"), but latest date = 31.12.2011. Joachim: one year after the elections of the board. Jerry: not in 2010, we need more ime to work, PPI is not just organizing conferences.
Schedule proposal (Joachim): Decision finding start asap in TF, official discussion starting about late September 2010, Decision Nov 2010, Conference March/April 2011.

4.3 - pirateparty.eu (proposed by Jerry)

Helmut Pozimski registered pirateparty.eu and wants so. to take over. PPI should consider taking the domain, especially if an PPE taskforce is set up.
Gregory: also offered to PP-DE, no answer yet.
Joachim: we should grab it, but make clear we don't want to necessarily create PPE, just make sure the domain is managed properly.
Jerry: agree, should make a list of domains we already have.
Should PPI take over the domain "pirateparty.eu" and transfer the domain to PPE later (if founded)?
(Nicco is back to Quorum is now 5/7)
Proposal Passed(Yes: 5| No: 0| Abstain: 0).

4.4 - MyPirates (proposed by Jerry)

Gregory should give us an update if we can use MyPirates as working platform for the taskforces.
Gregory created the taskforces on mypirates: https://www.mypirates.net/groups/list_groups/ppi_network

4.5 - Pirate Party of the Week (proposed by Jerry)

PP-Australia has not finished their answers yet. I therefore propose to have PP-Netherlands as Pirate Party of the Week from 26-1st, and after that PP-Belgium (or PP-Australia if PP-Belgium cannot finish).
Jerry: reminders have been sent out, if we get the confirmation that we can publish the answers, we will publish them.

4.6 - Pirate Party of Latvia (proposed by Gregory)

We have received a mail from the new started PP-LV that is about to be found. They ask us to put them on the roster. We should send them a welcome letter
Prepare the letter here: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/47
Gregory: meeting of Pirates in Latvia, not yet founded. Next meeting planned. They have contact data of PPI. We should sent out support mail with contact data, offering our help.
Aleksandar will add them to the list op the PPI website.

4.7 - WIPO (proposed by Gregory)

There is a deadline coming up for applying for permanent observer status with WIPO (the deadline is 28th of May). see http://www.wipo.int/members/en/admission/observers.html - the requirements are:
the calendar of WIPO events is found here: http://www.wipo.int/meetings/en/calendar.jsp I would suggest that we prepare the application for observer status with WIPO.
Gregory: need to find so. in Geneva to hand in the paperwork. We (or representatives from national parties, e.g. Switzerland) would get access to meetings/conferences.
Joachim: no indication on costs, could be a risk.
We should get in touch with WIPO and ask if there is a financial risk attached to observer membership.
Aleksandar will call WIPO, Joachim will collect documents if it is clear that no costs are involved.
Joachim: we could also contact an organization that has already observer status in WIPO and should not rush now. We should decide later and have more information first.
We will wait for more information and decide based on that.

5 - REPORTS

5.1 - PPI/NGO Contact Date

Additional calls will be made by Joachim.

5.2 - ACTA (proposed by Jerry)

A press release is prepared for next meeting.

5.3 - Announcement Pirate camping (proposed by Gregory)

Invitation letter should be sent out to the pirate parties (contact data we already collected).

7 - NEXT MEETING

Next meeting is 1st June 2010, 21h00 CE(S)T.

---