This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2011-06-21

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
::Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 21/06/2011 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Contents

Record of the meeting

Part 1 [1] Part 2 [2]

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Marcel, Patrick, Thomas, Lola (joined at 19:41)
excused: Samir, Finlay
unexcused:-

1.2 - Others

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:29 CEST by Marcel
Meeting chaired by Marcel
Secretary for this meeting is Tom Vymazal
Quorum not established with 3 out of 6 board members present.
Streaming started: [No] not possible due to technical reasons
Recording started: [Yes]
Postal votes: [No]

19:41 CEST Lola entered the meeting => Quorum established with 4 out of 6 board members present. 20.16 CEST - 5-minute break by initiated by Marcel

Meeting closed at 21:38 CEST by Marcel

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-03-08

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

YES: Thomas, Lola, Pat NO: Marcel ABSTENTIONS:

Result: Not approved.

Marcel voted NO because the minutes are not in a good condition... so to say. Marcel thinks the CAO should correct the minutes. Lola asks if she can disagree. Thomas calls the board to responsibility for the minutes. Marcel thinks there is no reason for the current board to do it. Lola is going to ask the previous board members to correct the minutes.

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-03-28

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

YES: Thomas, Lola, Pat, Marcel NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Result: Approved.

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-04-12

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

YES: Thomas, Pat, Lola, Marcel NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Result: Approved.

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-04-26

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

YES: Thomas, Pat, Lola, Marcel NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Result: Approved.

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-06-07

YES: Thomas, Pat, Lola, Marcel NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Result: Approved.

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

Marcel: Created web team subproject in Redmine; worked on the Pirate dictionary with the PP-CZ members; in cooperation with Lola: created a letter for the PPI members; administration in Redmine Samir: <not present> Lola: Contacted Gregory about the bank account transfer and about the Slovenian party confirmation, FB report, and regular work Pat: contact with Gregory & Jerry on the bank account transfer, contacted notary concerning further progress on PPI HQ registration (face currently a lot of work; can't likely progress before July) Tried to contact Nico, got no real reply on the phone nor on facebook. Finlay: <not present> Thomas: standard actions wiki-spam etc., no real activity otherwise Been busy with PP-DE.

4.2 - Transfer of bank account to new board members (due date reached)

Redmine task #5, due date 2011-05-24.

From Redmine: I called Jerry. He did not recieve the papers yet. I called Gregory. He said that he sent them already around 20th of May but that it has been happened before that a letter did not reach Jerry. He said he will resend the documents ASAP to Jerry. I instructed Jerry to send it to Marcel after he recieved the papers (as Samir and I will go to Brussels again soon, but not Marcel).

Report by Pat: We still need the signatures of Gregory and Jerry. After Gregory sends it to Jerry, Jerry should send it to Marcel and Lola.

4.3 - confirmation Slovenian Pirate Party (due date reached)

Redmine task #4, due date 2011-05-26.

From Redmine: Lola converted .odt to .pdf and sent it to Samir during the board meeting. Now Samir has to print it twice, sign and send to Marcel, Marcel signs and sends to Gregory, Gregory signs and sends to Jerry, Jerry signs and sends one copy to PP Slovenia and one to Lola.

Report by Samir:<not present - skipped>

4.4 - Response to the conference letter by Canada, New Zealand, Portugal and Australia (due date reached)

Redmine task #3, due date 2011-05-28.

From Redmine: Marcel: created a pad to write the response in: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/GA-2011-remote-delegates-complaint-response

Report by Marcel: I guess the letter has been sent by Samir after the previos meeting, but he has to confirm. (postponed to the next meeting)

19:41: Lola entered the meeting

4.5 - Contact PP Ireland initiative (due date reached)

Redmine task #14, due date 2011-06-06.

From Redmine: Two PP-DE members are still on it. One of them will be married to Dublin soon; he promised to take action in Dublin (he's trustworthy, working for PP-DE on press issues for years)

Finlay: There is an active Pirate Party student group in Dublin. Also, we have a few contacts in Ireland. Long term goal to get Pirate Party IE back up, since the current (former?) PP is gone. We need to get a communications infrastructure or website online to co-ordinate whoever will form the new Party. Long term task for Finlay.

Report by Finlay: <not present - skipped> Pat will call Finlay regarding the progress on this issue.

4.6 - contact Danish and Hungarian Pirates (due date reached)

Redmine task #43, due date 2011-06-06.

From Redmine: Samir will follow up with Hungary and Denmark.

Report by Samir: <not present - skipped>

4.7 - VPS for PP Slovenia (due date reached)

Redmine task #49, due date 2011-06-06.

From Redmine: Have send /another/ request mail today since the last one did not reply. At the same time, i'll start looking for other sources.

Report by Samir:<not present - skipped>

4.8 - make Internet GA possible (due date reached)

Redmine task #42, due date 2010-06-10.

From Redmine: Pat: I would really like to see the Internet GA realized as soon as possible, not saying that we need to hold one this year (or relating to this). Samir: Ok, Redmine it and I will contact Andrew. ( Andrew + other oversea pirates once proposed & complained stuff regarding to internets GA's. )

Report by Samir: <not present - skipped>

4.9 - Web/Wiki/Wikipedia update (due date reached)

Redmine task #45 (parent). Redmine task #46, due date 2011-05-17. Redmine task #47, due date 2011-06-10.

From Redmine: Task #73 has been created. Lukáš was also given hints what to look at.

Report by Marcel: Informed Lukáš about the subproject #73 in Redmine and about some glitches on the web which would be nice to get fixed. Report in the next board meeting.

4.10 - Rules Of Procedure update (due date reached)

Redmine task #48, due date 2011-06-10.

From Redmine: Proposal: The CAO is responsible for:

  * publishing the minutes and links to the recordings on the PPI Wiki
  * entering all tasks that have been agreed on in the meeting in Redmine, ensuring that the due date is always set

Marcel will propose a PPI Board Meeting Rules Of Procedure update reflecting this agreement. Timeframe: 1 month. Consensus

Report by Marcel: Didn't find time to do anything. Report in the next board meeting.

4.11 - Full Preliminary report c.q Executive Summary (due date reached)

Redmine task #22, due date 2011-06-14.

From Redmine: This report includes all initiation data such as for example the board ( raw ) transition data, and executive summaries of it. Means of distribution: ALL; Social Media, Leaders list, P2P leader contact Push /and/ Pull methodology.

This is a "Parent" task, all subs need a redmine entry of their own.

Report by Marcel: Didn't find time to do anything. Report in the next board meeting.

4.12 - PPI rights definition (IT) (due date reached)

Redmine task #25 (parent). Redmine task #57, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #58, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #59, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #60, due date 2011-06-21.

Report by Samir <not present - skipped> & Thomas: 57 not yet finished

4.13 - PPI Assests list (due date reached)

Redmine task #37 (parent) Redmine task #61, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #62, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #63, due date 2011-06-21. Redmine task #64, due date 2011-06-21.

Report by Samir: <not present - skipped>

4.14 - PP-IN request (due date reached)

Redmine task #67, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Pat started to compose a reply: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/responseIndia

Report by Finlay: <not present - skipped> Marcel suggested sending Finlay an email about this issue. Pat offered to call him. Agreed.

4.15 - PP-DO request (due date reached)

Redmine task #69, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Write a reply.

Report by Finlay: <not present - skipped> Marcel suggested sending Finlay an email about this issue. Pat offered to call him. Agreed.

4.16 - PP-CO request (due date reached)

Redmine task #70, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Write a reply.

Report by Finlay: <not present - skipped> Marcel suggested sending Finlay an email about this issue. Pat offered to call him. Agreed.

4.17 - inform the members about the WIPO application (due date reached)

Redmine task #75, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Consensus - PPI application for WIPO did not go ahead because of legal issues. REDMINE -- Letter to be sent out to this effect. (Samir) Deadline -- 2 weeks.

Report by Samir: <not present - skipped>

4.18 - Rules Of Procedure Update (due date reached)

Redmine task #77, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Samir will propose a rules of procedure change (again) in order to resolve recurring minutes voting.

Report by Samir: <not present - skipped>

4.19 - Report by treasurer to PPI members

Report by Pat: Please see http://ppi.piratenpad.de/110 I want to inform all PPI members about the current status on the PPI accounts, especially in regard to the transparent accounting. I have not managed to finish the text yet, but the crucial content is summarized. I intend to send this memo to the pp-leaders and the pp general list. Remarks are welcomed.

No objections.

Discussion - none happened.

5 - Action plan and work distribution (proposed by Thomas)

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Tasks will be distributed among the board members according to the business plan: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/26 (previous board) - current board: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/board-2011-business-distribution-plan

Proposal: Part of the board meets up to write a draft until the next meeting. eg. Thomas volunteers, Marcel will not have time for this task. Marcel: Samir has to be involved in the completion of this task. Thomas: We have to continue with our work regardless of Samir's presence. Pat: Agrees that Samir should be contacted about his progress on this task. But we certainly should try to push this issue further as soon as we can. Thomas: Would like Marcel to invite the whole board to a special online meet-up to work on this issue. Marcel: Asks Thomas whether he could do that. Thomas: Asked Marcel on purpose. Marcel: Disagrees and asks Thomas to do it because it's his initiative. Thomas: I will do it. Pat: Will try to participate as much as he'll be able to. Doesn't promise anything.

-- Marcel asks for a 5 - minute break. Everybody agrees. Meeting paused at 20:16 CEST. Recording stopped. -- Meeting continues at 20:29 CEST. Recording continues.

6 - Updating the statutes - check Jakub's version (due date reached)

Redmine task #20, due date 2011-05-24.

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

From Redmine and previous board meeting minutes: Samir: I think we should vouch as a board for the content of the text file before ending it out in order to state that there are no flaws in the file created by Jakub, as this is an official document.

Marcel: I suggest everyone reads it ( http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/wiki/en:zo:docs:ppi_statutes ) and we will vote on it next meeting.

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Statutes/2011-03-12_Statutes_after_first_amendement

We have to check again during the next meeting where it will be decided!!!

Lola: XIV. PPI Headquarters

(2) The PPI Headquarters shall serve as the Secretariat of Pirate Parties International. It shall comprise the Secretary General of the Pirate Parties International and such staff as the Organization may require. The Secretary General shall be appointed by the Board and shall be the chief administrative officer of Pirate Parties International.

"The Secretary General shall be appointed by the Board and shall be the chief administrative officer of Pirate Parties International." Should be "...and shall be the CAO of PPI Headquarters" I suppose.

Lola checked this issue with Gregory Engels who originally wrote this part of the statutes and now understands her proposal is wrong and agrees the original wording is correct.

* http://int.piratenpartei.de/wiki/images/a/a6/Statutes_of_the_Pirate_Parties_International.pdf
* http://int.piratenpartei.de/wiki/images/d/da/PPI_Conference_2011_-_Statute_amendment_proposals.pdf
* http://ppi.piratenpad.de/ep/pad/view/ro.Ast25$PEzHIl3ar3TMElRk/latest

Marcel: There are some mistakes in the current compilation of the statues. In the minutes of the GA there is a mistake in the name of the SAP-13 "deadline to send out amendments" instead of "general assembly quorum". Also SAP-19 word "this" >> "these" <- not reflected. and SAP-20 word "expulsion" >> "exclusion" <- not reflected.

Motion: The PPI board vouches that the content of the PPI Statutes as compiled in PP-CZ Piratopedia ( http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/wiki/en:zo:docs:ppi_statutes ) conforms with the up-to-date version of the PPI Statutes, so that the content should be used for creating an official PPI Statutes document.

Agreed: motion carries YES: Thomas, Pat, Lola, Marcel NO: none ABSTENTIONS: none

REDMINE (update task #20): Marcel is supposed to correct the mistake in the minutes of the GA. Due in 1 month.

7 - PPI Statutes - Mandatory req. / CR for Belgian legal req. (proposed by Samir)

Redmine task #39, due date 2011-05-25.

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

<Samir not responding - skipped>

8 - Define joint communication strategy (due date reached)

Redmine task #13, due date 2011-06-20.

From Redmine: - no description given -

Pat: Proposes to make a draft of the joint communication strategy till the next meeting. Timeframe 2 weeks. Already updated it in Redmine.

9 - Secretary General of Pirate Parties International (due date reached)

Redmine task #71, due date 2011-06-21.

From Redmine: Lola: I think Jurgen would the best person for this position. In Brussels we already discussed that Jurgen (and not CAO) will be keeping all the PPI related paperwork. I had a talk with him today and he likes the idea. But wouldn't it be a problem that he is in the Court of Arbitration? Sent a letter to Jakub yesterday regarding the mistake in the statutes: "The Secretary General shall be appointed by the Board and shall be the chief administrative officer of Pirate Parties International." Whereas it should be "...and shall be the CAO of PPI Headquarters" I suppose. Still waiting for the reply.

Introduction by Lola:

Already discussed in item #6. Irrelevant at this point.

10 - Wikipedia giving away servers (proposed by Thomas)

Thomas: http://www.boingboing.net/2011/06/17/wikipedia-is-giving.html PPI is definitely a project that would be worthy of such donation

Lola: We are not an educational company, we have no chance to win. Marcel: We are educational in terms of copyright. Thomas: Candidate has to be a not-for-profit organization. Pat: Has friends who engage in wikipedia. He's going to ask them about this issue and will write a draft of a letter of application which he'll discuss with the co-chairmen. Report in the next meeting.

11 - Provide a mailing list for PP - Chile (proposed by Thomas)

PP - Chile is currently using google groups as a mailing list. The board should decide whether or not it will provide a mailing list for PP - Chile.

Report by Thomas: Thomas has no problem providing them with a mailing list. Agreed, Thomas will set up a mailing list for PP-Chile.

12 - identi.ca channels administration (proposed by Marcel)

We received an e-mail about the @ppinternational on identi.ca. We should start managing the channel. Marcel also found http://identi.ca/group/pirateparty .

Marcel: Marcel thinks that these channels should be managed in a similar fashion as facebook etc. Lola: Doesn't know identi.ca and doesn't want to manage it. Pat: There is a way to integrate all the social services (FB and others) into one information stream. Doesn't know how to do that. Lola: Is willing to manage identi.ca if Marcel shows her how to do so. Asks who registered the @ppinternational account. Marcel has little idea who and why registered the channel. Pat: Found http://qwibber.com service that can be used to integrate input of info into all the social services. Lola: asks for a similar service for windows... Pat will look into that.

Agreed.

13 - AOB

-- Lola's report about facebook management: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/109

-- Marcel on Paul's resignation: The PPI board should let the PPI members know about Paul's resignation. REDMINE for Marcel: deadline 2 weeks. Lola wants to be co-responsible.

-- Marcel's report on a new amendment for czech law that deals with lottery and gambling involving internet censorship. 13 000 people in czech rep. signed a petition against this amendment.

-- Marcel's invitation of the other board members to the PP-CZ GA that is taking place from 24th to 26th of June 2011 in Krizanov. All the board members are welcome. Thomas will not attend.

Marcel will not be available for the next two board meetings due to his vacation. Thomas will have difficulties attending the board meetings in the weeks 28/29/30 of 2011 due to business responsibilities and bad internet availability.

Austrian PP GA invitation: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181618021892217 https://wiki.piratenpartei.at/BGV

=======================================

Meeting Closed: 21:38 CEST by Marcel.