This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2011-10-25

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 25/10/2011 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting Part 1 [1] Part 2 [2]

ATTENDEES

Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Samir, Lola, Pat, Marcel excused: --- unexcused: Finlay

Others

PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:30 CEST by Marcel Meeting chaired by Marcel Secretary for this meeting is Pat Quorum established with 5 out of 6 board members present. Streaming started: [No] Recording started: [Yes] Postal votes: [No] Samir left the meeting at 09:02 p.m. CEST "5 minute" break at 21:33 CEST Minutes continues at 22:07 CEST

REPORTS

Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points. Marcel:

  • discussion about the PPI HQ incorporation deeds is ongoing
  • informed the members about the anti-ACTA petition run by Access
  • tried to get people on board to form an anti-ACTA team, but no reply received
  • informed the members about the petition to ICANN run by Demand Progress
  • adapted the call for offers and the offers wiki page for the 2012 GA
  • published the minutes of the last two board meetings on wiki

Pat: had several meetings for PPI HQ statutes nothing to report except national elections (we had the best result in Switzerland here in Basel with 1.9%) Samir: doing general stuff on mails, certain internal communication (not disclosable), PPI HQ statutes Lola: was at GA of PP-FR and meet up with FR and online meetings with Latvian pirates Finlay: (not present) Thomas: nothing to report, except contacts to Greece about establishing PP-GR (20 people by now, supposed meeting in November. Unsure if I will attend Greek meeting as time and date are not set.

Contact PP Ireland initiative

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #14, due date 2011-06-06 (feedback). From Redmine: One member of PP-Ireland had contacted the board. Further initiative is given. Marcel and Thomas asked Dieter Klein to do so as he marries to Ireland. Contact data are exchanged. Report by anybody about any feedback: Thomas: nothing by now, we have to wait > postponed to next board meeting

make Internet GA possible

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #42, due date 2011-10-06. Report by Samir: I did send the eMail, but have not recieved yet a reply; I will probably send it again. I had a chat with some people that were involved in this, but I could not have a second chance to talk to them.

Marcel: what do you suggest?
Samir: Keep sending me reminders; i will try to contact individuals and use the ML for organizing the Internet GA.
Thomas: Could you send the mails to the ML to the board as well?
Samir: I will CC it.
Marcel: Can Redmine send reminders?
Samir: yes, but it's not configured as such yet.
Thomas: I already discussed this with Pat; he will be probably sending it up now after the national elections.
Marcel: Can septerra help out here?
Pat: I will try to get in touch with him on this.
Marcel: About the original issue: I suggest to postpone it then?
Samir: I agree. It would be great to have automatic reminders for everything.

--> Task 100 in Redmine

Full Preliminary report

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #87: full preliminary report (child) Report by Marcel: As the board seemed not to be much interested in the issue, I suggested that you (Samir) can send it to the members as co-chairman of the PPI.

Samir: okay, but I still need to work on the design and I will be travelling in the upcoming weeks, so I can send it probably in 2 weeks or so.

REDMINE: Samir, 2 weeks

Creation of PPI HQ in Brussels

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #6, due date 2011-07-24. Commenting the suggested incorporation documents is ongoing. Let's decide on the date of the next session and move the due date.

Marcel: have you considered a new date for the next discussion?
Pat: no we hadn't fixed a new date yesterday.
Marcel: as of now in the Doodle poll Thomas and me participated. Thursday 27th 6 pm CEST would be a possibility.
Samir: I will be in Italy then. I can't promise to attend; my evening program is not set yet, but I will prioritize networking.
Marcel: how about 1st November 5pm CET? or 2nd November 5pm CET?
CONSENSUS: 2nd November 5pm CET should be good.
Pat: I think we should incorporate before 2012; so we should think on a deadline.
Samir: should we set the deadline for next meeting?
(discussion if pp-leaders should be involved or if it is superfluos as we have not involved them yet directly)
Samir: proposal - we will send a notification on the pp-leaders list so that they can propose input prior to our last negotiation round. In order to achieve transparency and accountability.

YES: Marcel, Pat, Samir NO: Thomas, Lola Abstain: Result: Motion failed

Response to PP-IN request

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #67, due date 2011-09-23. Report by Finlay: (not present)

Marcel: Pat did you already contacted them?
Pat: No, not yet. Please re-assign the ticket.

REDMINE Pat, 1 week, mention other India request

Response to PP-DO request

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #69, due date 2011-08-02. From the 2011-09-13 board meeting minutes: Samir mixed up the PP-DO and PP-CO tasks. He is willing to send the e-mail to the PP-DO right after the meeting. Report by Samir: I did send the emails but none of them has responded and none of them was actually assigned to them. The Dominican would have been interesting because I understood that the DO request is about rebranding a group with an existing MP to a pirate party.

Marcel: Could you forward me the DO mail?
Samir: I can try to do so.
Marcel: I will remind you later then.

REDMINE Samir, to find and send to Marcel the e-mail, 2 weeks

Response to PP-CO request

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #70, due date 2011-08-03. From Redmine: We are waiting for their response until the next meeting. Report by Samir: (as stated above no response yet)

Write a job description for a new IT manager application

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #66, due date 2011-08-07 (closed). History: Thomas asked Christoph who is willing to help out and Thomas will arrange that Christoph gets the necessary access rights. Pat to contact Thomas and Christoph because Thomas doesn't seem to have time to do it. Report by Pat: I wrote a mail to Christoph with the data and he should have access. When I called him he was short on time. I will try to call him tomorrow.

Thomas: Christoph was short on time the last weeks. He does have full access to the box, so hopefully he will be able to do the updates. I will phone again with him this week.

REDMINE: Pat , 1 week, call Christoph; discuss stuff to do

PPI rights definition (IT)

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Task progress is being tracked in: Redmine task #25 (parent) Redmine task #57: Spreadsheet creation Redmine task #58: Write all assets Redmine task #59: Criteria setting Redmine task #60: Asking for competences (child of #25) Spreadsheet creation, due date 2011-08-08 Report by Thomas: draft-Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGjyS3apMUhdE5qY2wwc2FpbURld19lNWx4aXFWcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Marcel: Those names are persons that have access to a particular service?
Thomas: yes so it is.
Thomas: Proposal - Septerra, Pat and Thomas will check with the accounts which are necessary and will strike off those that don't need any access anymore.
Pat: suggestion (after discussion concerning power abuse) - create a revocation procedure along as well
Samir: want to have the revocation procedure publicly online
(further discussion on details)
Samir: new proposal - We, the board will grant Patrick and Thomas a one time permission for the revocation of certain people's rights, who should sensibly no longer have rights with some of our IT infrastructure and will report back to the board in detail.

In the future, a clear and public revocation procedure will be used. One time permissions for rights revocation will not be granted again before this revocation procedure is in place.

  • passed*

YES: Pat, Samir, Lola, Thomas, Marcel NO: - ABSTENTION: - RESULT: Motion passed Write all assets, due date 2011-08-08 Report by Samir:

Thomas: I already put the spredsheet in the agenda.
Samir: now, that I have the spreadsheets I will start to write on it. Deadline: next board meeting.

REDMINE: report in 2 weeks Criteria setting, due date 2011-08-08 Report by Samir: Asking for competences (child of #25), due date 2011-08-08 Report by Samir:

corporate identity

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #41, due date 2011-08-14. Report by Samir: That was a dependency as well

Marcel: A dependency on what?
Samir: I don't remember honestly. We probably have a huge list on dependencies.
Marcel: I take a look at Redmine.
Samir: one of the prerequisites was to have the communication strategy.
Marcel: so we should create a link between those?
Samir: yes, I think I already suggested that in a previous meeting.

REDMINE: #13 is a prerequisite for #41

pi2pi.{us,org,net,mobi,info,biz}

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #91, due date 2011-08-16. From Redmine: pass the issue to Collentine Report by Thomas: had had no time for it - Collentine is informed by now. No knowledge up to now. I hopefully can report next meeting. REDMINE: postpone for 2 weeks

Define joint communication strategy

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #13, due date 2011-09-27. Pat to send a proposal to the board. Report by Pat: started on it, not finished yet, currently stuck with non feasable hardware, will hopefully be better after tomorrow. please postpone by 2 weeks. REDMINE: postpone by 2 weeks

Identi.ca channels administration

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #81, due date 2011-09-27. Pat to send a proposal to the CAO and the board Report by Pat: (same as above, but postpone by 1 week only) REDMINE: postpone by 1 week

Make a blog post about the PP fight against canal digitaal.

Postponed from the previous board meeting. Redmine task #94, due date 2011-09-27. Report by Samir: I forgot that one; I started on a draft, but it's rather late now. So I will postpone it until i get a report by the police. Please open up the task.

Marcel: any timeplan?
Samir: hard to say; probably it will take years.
Marcel: I don't think it does not make sense to have that task open.
Samir: well it has to be done, but it does not need to be discussed in the board meeting.

REDMINE: set due date to 2999

Transfer of bank account to new board members (due date reached)

Redmine task #5, due date 2011-10-13. Report by Pat: (will be done with HQ incorporation) REDMINE: postpone by 1 month

Samir left the meeting at 09:02 p.m. CEST

PPI assets list (due date reached)

Task progress is being tracked in: Redmine task #37 (parent) and subtasks, due date 2011-10-13 Report by Samir: Marcel: This one was decided to be discussed in Brussels; so just move the due date for 1 month then. REDMINE: postpone for 1 month

transparent bank account (child) (due date reached)

Redmine task #86, due date 2011-10-13. Report by Pat: Marcel: This one depends on founding the PPI HQ; so also postpone by 1 month. REDMINE: postpone for 1 month

clear separation of pp-Leaders list and discussion (due date reached)

Redmine task #90, due date 2011-10-14. Deactivate pp-leaders@pp-international.net in time. Report by Pat: done

Marcel: close the task in REDMINE

REDMINE: close task

Is streaming necessary? (due date reached)

Redmine task #95, due date 2011-10-25. Use a poll among pp-leaders list users to determine whether we need to stream the board meetings or not. Report by Pat: Postpone it for one week. REDMINE: postpone for 1 week

PP-BR issues (Marcel)

Discussed in the previous board meeting. (i) Fabricio asked to hold the next PPI GA in BR. (ii) mediation needed? Report by Marcel: Now the call for offers should follow. About the mediation I assume you've been informed.

Thomas: There was also a discussion on a corporation between DE and BR; this needs still to be discussed in the German board however. It's a bit complicated atm. The Board has given the task to Thomas as being int. coord. for PP-DE.

digital money (Marcel)

Postponed from the previous board meeting. We received an e-mail about some project. Samir should have taken care of it but I haven't seen any reply. Marcel: Would like to postpone to next board meeting as this was directed at Samir.

2012 PPI GA (Marcel)

Proposal prepared by Marcel and sent to the board members. Samir: there was an agreement that it should be outside of Europe, therefore I vote against Marcel: I propose to send it ASAP. Thomas: should be sent out asap w/o changes. I'm also in favour of going abroad from Europe anyway. Marcel: I think the core issue if we should send it immediately or if we should add anything. Lola: No, send it already. Pat: Proposal - add sentence "As all previous PPI conferences had been held within Europe and we strive to be a global movement, offers from outside of Europe will be prefered, given a good infrastructure as described in the call for offers above." Marcel disagrees. He does not want to to have a preference set before the offers drop in. Thomas: change "will" to "might" ? Marcel: This could result that the European pirate parties will give no offers. Thomas: I doubt that; PPUK and PPCH are already considering to make an offer. But let's consider that there is a clear wish from pirate parties outside of Europe. Marcel: In the previous year, has there been a proposal outside of Europe? Thomas: No, but let's give them a chance. Marcel: I would suggest to reformulate it in a way, like we recieved "no offer last year" Lola: I don't think that would be correct, if we are not certain. Thomas: I think if we have a conference within Europe again and we haven't asked the others that would give a very bad signal. Thus we should give a signal there. Currently we don't register pirate partiesoutside Europe as we should. Pat: NEW Proposal - add sentence "As all previous PPI conferences had been held within Europe and we strive to be a global movement, offers from outside of Europe might be prefered, given a good infrastructure as described in the call for offers above."

(heated discussion on the issue)
Marcel: I have no problem, but I don't want a "preference" in it.
Thomas: I would like to ask for a short break here of 5 minutes.
"5 minute" break at 21:33 CEST
Minutes continues at 22:07 CEST

Proposal: Dear Pirates, More than seven months passed away since the last PPI General Assembly (GA) had taken place in Friedrichshafen, Germany. The time has come to arrange the 2012 GA, therefore, we call and kindly request for offers of hosting the next annual PPI GA. As all previous PPI conferences had been held within Europe, we strongly encourage especially the non-European Pirate Parties to send their offers. A list of requirements and more information on the conference can be found as follows: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Conference-offers The submitting date for your offers is the 4th of December 2011, at 23:59 UTC. The PPI conference will take place in March or April 2012. For further information, feel free to contact the PPI board <board@pp-international.net>. On behalf of the Board Name YES: Pat, Thomas, Marcel, Lola NO: - Abstain: - RESULT: Motion passed

Thomas: Marcel, you will send it till tomorrow?
Marcel: Yes, I will send it today if possible.
Pat: Thanks to Alisha (UK) for doing the editorial of the text. (also from Marcel and Thomas) (big hugs)

Lola would offer to do the coordination of the conference organisation, but of course would need much support.

recording of the last board meeting (Marcel)

Marcel: I already published the minutes; Lola, could you publish the recordings?
Thomas: I can do so; but I can upload and publish them tomorrow.

AOB

(none) Meeting Closed: 22:18 CEST by Marcel.