This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2012-07-03

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING'
--- 03/07/2012 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Lola, Nonnu, Denis excused: Gregory, Travis, Ed unexcused: Jelena

1.2 - Others

Andy Halsall

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:18 CEST by Lola Meeting closed at 19:48 CEST by Lola Meeting chaired by Lola Secretary for this meeting is Denis Quorum is established. 3 Members out of 7 present Streaming started: No, Not possible yet. Recording started: Yes Postal votes: No RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

  • Gregory: I was visiting Budapest together with the German

Pirate MP delegation and met with several members of the LMP and Kalozpart (pirateparty in Hungarian). Kalozpart is now separated from LMP and pursuing it's own registration process as a political party. (there have been several competing groups that had moved into this direction, they all unified now, even that not all websites are reflecting this). As soon as the party is official registered, Kalozpart will apply for PPI membership. Further I have worked with Denis and Gefion to get the press team running: besides of defining processes the technical requirements are mostly met now: I have upgraded the redmine installation and a number of other software packages. I have done also some work on the wiki (created the copyright statement agreed upon on the last board meeting and changed the lefthand navigation to include links back to the website and forum)

  • Lola: Attended the Pirate Party of North Rhine Westphalia GA in Dortmund, where I held a short speech and organized and moderated the video call with Pirate Party of Russia and their founding meeting: http://pp-international.net/node/523 Met the treasurer of PP-DE and discussed the sponsorsorship of PPI. Gave an interview to a Russian newspaper in Germany vz.ru. Did some CAO work: updated Redmine, published the minutes, made the agenda
  • Denis: We wrote processes and templates and sent a call for participation for the press team (together with Gefion). There also is a Redmine guide now, it's for the press team but probably also helpful for other Redmine newbies: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Press_Work/Redmine
  • Nuno: Checked security of Liquid Feedback, updated to the final 2.0 version that was released last week and opened new issues. Investigated a lot of OpenERP for our future accounting needs, it's very good.

3.2 - Create Project in PPI Tech team

Redmine task #164, due date: 03/07/2012

Report by Nuno: This hasn't moved on, there were no requests. Probably it would be best if those instances were in some other server than they are running on now. It currently is just a test system for PPI (private PC at home).

We ask Gregory for details on the next meeting.

REDMINE: 2 weeks

4 - Liquid Feedback

Redmine task #154, due date: 03/07/2012 Report by Nuno: Checked about security issues of Liquid Feedback that Travis brought to attention. All seem to be past version issues and no vulnerabilities exist now. Updated to the final 2.0 version that was released last week. Opened 10 issues with most of the amendment proposals of the last GA that where unable to be discussed and voted (only a few missing, will finish soon)

We can start using it. Green light from Nonnu :).

5 - Financial support from PP-DE

Proposed by Lola: Back in 2010 German Pirate Party had written in the statutes that 5% go to PPI. We are going to ask for that money. I am going to send a letter to PP Germany.

Lola: to write a letter to PP-DE board asking for financial support REDMINE 2 weeks

6 - Editorial and Team/Organisational leader (press team)

Proposed by Denis: Gefion and I wrote processes and defined two leader positions in the press work team:

Team / Organisational leader Keeps track of all (new) team members, sees how they do and makes sure they know what to do, provides individual support to team members. Makes sure the organisational tasks get completed, follows up with single team members and is available for questions and ideas.

Editorial leader Takes care of the PR workflows, makes sure that all PR apply to a certain standard (to be defined) and that deadlines are met. Communicates with other groups as required.

I think that the two positions should be approved by the board so the two leaders have a responsability towards us. For now I want to do editorial leader, Gefion Thuermer volunteered to do the team/organisational leader.

Request: Vote the two persons to those positions.

We agree that it is a good idea to define and elect the two positions. Denis will write a request for the next board meeting. A short introduction of the candidates would be nice.

7 - AOB

Nothing today

Next meeting: 17 July 2012 at 19.00 CEST

Meeting closed: at 19:48 CEST by Lola