PPI Coreteam Minutes 2009-12-03
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTY INTERNATIONAL
- DECEMBER 03, 2009
Introductory Note: Due to various conflicts, the meeting was adjourned after approximately 25 minutes and continued on the following day. The same Coreteam members were present for both sections.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Proceedings
- 3 Opening Remarks
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Finishing Notes
- 6 To Do
Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Laurent Le Besnerais (cwicket, Chief Technology Officer)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (nicco, Financial)
- Patrick Maechler (Valio, Co-President)
- Will Tovey (Duke, Chief Administration Officer)
- Meeting opened at 20:20 (CET) by Valio.
- Secretary for this meeting is Duke.
- Quorum present with 4 Coreteam members.
- Meeting closed at 22:17 (CET) December 4 by Valio.
- Next meeting on Thursday, December 10, 2009.
It was noted that CoreTX was absent due to being in Brussels and may attempt to contact the Bank while there.
Coreteam positions - Proposed by Duke
A job description draft has been set up and will be published by Valio on pp-international.net within 24 hours.
- Proposal (to publish) passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0)
It was noted that Cwicket will remain on the Coreteam and the leader of the techteam until a replacement is found. Benjamin Olke was not present in the meeting therefore it was decided not to vote on the suggestion he fill the vacant Coreteam position.
PPUS - Proposed by Coretx/Duke
Duke has a possible candidate for mediation between the US Pirate organisations but it was noted that any discussions should wait until any internal disputes within the parties involved have been settled. Cwicket and JakeDaynes (PPCa) have been working on sorting these out, however Coreteam members should not act as mediators. [Meeting adjourned at 20:47 (CET) by Valio; re-opened at 20:20 (CET), December 4, 2009] The details of the dispute shall be left to the mediator(s). Cwicket agreed to ask JakeDaynes if he would be willing to act as official mediator on this issue.
Digital Resources - Proposed by Coretx
It was noted that Valio had received status updates from Cwicket but there was internal confusion over what responsibilities and tasks had been assigned to whom. It was also noted that just replacing the techteam leader will not solve the associated problems due to the lack of responses from the rest of the team. Nicco agreed to contact Ole concerning his proposal for the tech system. It was noted that a DNS server is required. Valio agreed to contact Aim and Annubis for status updates.
Conference - Proposed by Coretx
It was noted that PPI cannot rely on individual PPs to fund the conference and so requires external investors. CoreTX currently has two possible investors, but no details on them were provided. While previous conferences have happened without external support, funds will be required to cover the transport costs for some official delegates. While a list of possible speakers for the conference has been constructed, none of them will be invited until some form of website or organisational structure is in place. It was noted that more people and less structure or formal organisation may help. A deadline of January 1, 2010 was put in place for a formal report on the status of the conference.
Report on ACTA taskforce
A draft statement was sent out requesting feedback by 15:00 (CET) on December 6. The PPs that have commented were happy for it to be published (and some have done so themselves or begun working on translations). Feedback was still required from PPDe and PPSe. It was decided to publish the document on the ppi.int.general and pp-leaders lists and on the website by 8pm (CET) December 6. IRC meetings to discuss further ACTA matters have been requested and nicco agreed to set any up if required.
Changing meeting day - Proposed by Nicco
Nicco currently has another meeting on Thursday evenings and proposed moving the date. A poll was established where the relevant parties could indicate the day(s) most suitable for them. The results will be examined at the next meeting.
Adopt PPI Logo - Proposed by Valio
The proposed logo was discussed but it was decided to delay voting on adopting it until the media position was filled.
Cwicket noted that the mailing list for the ACTA taskforce (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been set up and is active.
- 6.1 - A job description will be published. (Valio; 20:00 CET, 04/12/09)
- 6.2 - JakeDaynes (PPCa) will be asked if he is willing to mediate the USPP internal dispute. (Cwicket; asap)
- 6.3 - Ole will be contacted regarding his proposal for the technical situation. (Nicco; asap)
- 6.4 - Aim and Annubis will be contacted regarding their status with the Techteam. (Valio; asap)
- 6.5 - The main details for the conference will be fixed. (Coreteam; 01/01/10)
- 6.6 - The ACTA statement will be published. (Nicco; 20:00 CET, 06/12/09)
- 6.7 - Relevant parties will indicate their avalability for meetings on the poll. (Coreteam etc.; 20:00 CET, 10/12/09)