|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Coreteam Minutes 2010-01-11
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTY INTERNATIONAL
- JANUARY 11, 2010
1.1. Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Will Tovey (Duke, CAO)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (nicco, CFO)
- Steffen Ortmann (SteffenO, SMGO)
- Patrick Maechler (Valio, Co-President)
1.2. Others Present
- Moira Brülisauer (Akallabeth PPCh)
- Gregory Engels (dichter, PPDe international co-ordinator)
- miki (PPCz)
- SiatVerbal (PPCh)
- Meeting opened at 20:12 (CET) by Valio.
- Secretary for this meeting is Duke.
- Quorum present with 4 Coreteam members.
- Meeting closed at 23:03 (CET) by Valio.
- Next meeting on Monday, January 18, 2010.
3. OPENING REMARKS
3.1 - CoreTX had notified the Coreteam in advance of his absence.
3.2 - The minutes from the previous meeting were discussed and it was noted that the PPI forum was functioning again, although questions were raised over the current moderation team.
3.3 - Steffen0 noted that the ppitnernational twitter account would surpass 1,000 followers by the end of the day.
4.1 - Date for the conference - Proposed by Duke
- The various options of the conference were discussed. Given the responses from the 12 parties that replied, the possible dates were narrowed down to the original option (26/02 - 28/02), mid-to-late March or mid-to-late April. It was decided that February would be too soon and so the 16-18th April was proposed. Proposal Passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0). It was decided that an announcement would be sent out through all channels by the weekend. This would include the date, an invitation for delegates and a call for organisers to help with the conference taskforce (to be headed by nicco unless a more suitable candidate is presented).
4.2 - Questions asked by PPEs - Proposed by Duke
- It was noted that PPEs has been asking questions as to how PPI operates, the nature of the conference and the powers of the delegates. The issues were discussed and it was proposed that a response (written jointly by the team) would be sent out by 20:00 CET 12/01. Proposal Passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0). It led to the suggestion of openly asking pirates what they expected from PPI. This might help reduce any tensions between the Coreteam and certain individual PP boards. Several suggestions were raised as to where to hold the debate (the ML, wiki, forum or mypirates.net). No conclusion was reached.
4.3 - Statutes - Proposed by Duke
- It was noted that PPI had no draft statutes. The contents of such statutes and methods for working on them were discussed. It was noted that they should include both legal requirements for the party and ideas on how PPI should function. It was proposed that a call for volunteers to help work on the statutes be included with the conference announcement. The effort would initially led by Valio with Duke and nicco aiding in the relevant sections (administrative and financial). Proposal Passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0). A preliminary deadline of 01/02 was established.
4.4 - Statement from PPCh on PPI - Proposed by SteffenO
- It was noted that PPCh had recently published a statement concerning PPI. In this they appeared to openly criticize the current PPI and Coreteam and call for help in forming a working group to establish a basis for a new PPI. [Note: The secretary regrets he is not a fluent reader of German and his translation may be inexact.] It was noted that the PPCh presidency had been sent an email on 30/12/09 attempting to resolve some of these issues and ask for specific details as to the nature of the disagreement. The Coreteam was informed that no official PPCh board meeting had occurred since then. It was suggested that the delay in resolving this issue was the formality involved with responses on both sides having to be discussed through official meetings and that more informal and direct discussions between individuals (on IRC) might be more suitable. Duke agreed to attempt to talk directly to the PPCh presidency about this issue. It was also noted that there had been no contact from PPAt over this issue since the email sent to them 12/12 and that a similar attempt at discussion would be made. The Coreteam was informed that there was no knowledge of similar issues from PPDe.
5. FINISHING NOTES
5.1 - As an extension of 4.4, there was a discussion as to whether PPI should stand for "Pirate Party International" or "Pirate Parties International" as the latter may help avoid confusion over PPI being a political party. The issues of whether or not this could be easily achieved (particularly with the bank account) were raised and it was decided to consult with PPCh and possibly add the point to the conference announcement email.
5.2 - It was noted that the bank has all the required documents and has sent the paperwork confirming the account to the address provided by PPBe.
6. TO DO
6.1 - The conference announcement will be published. (Coreteam | 00:00 CET, 16/01)
6.2 - A response to PPEs will be sent. (Valio/Duke | 20:00 CET, 12/01)
6.3 - An informal discussion will be attempted with the PPCh presidency concerning their 'dispute' with PPI. (Duke)
6.4 - Further discussion with PPAt will be attempted. (Duke)