PPI Coreteam Minutes 2010-01-25
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTIES INTERNATIONAL
- JANUARY 25, 2010
1.1. Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Samir Allioui (CoreTX, Co-president)
- Will Tovey (Duke, CAO)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (nicco, CFO)
- Steffen Ortmann (SteffenO, SMGO)
- Patrick Maechler (Valio, Co-President)
1.2. Others Present
- Moira Brülisauer (Akallabeth PPCh)
- D-USA (PPOk/PPUS)
- Gregory Engels (dichter; PPDe)
- Andrew Norton (K`Tetch)
- Meeting opened at 20:09 (CET) by CoreTX.
- Secretary for this meeting is Duke.
- Quorum present with 5 Coreteam members.
- Meeting closed at 22:17 (CET), January 25, by CoreTX.
- Next meeting on Monday, February 1, 2010.
3. OPENING REMARKS
- The minutes of the previous meeting were discussed.
- The forms concerning the name change had been submitted.
4.1 - PP Brazil help offering. "rodrix" - Proposed by Samir
- It was mentioned that while migrating the wiki is important and any help with that would appreciated, PPI does not have a techteam or the infrastructure required to carry out a complete migration of all the different systems (beside the wiki). Infinite_Emma was contacted regarding the forum but redirected the request to Gert. It was suggested that a list of all know IT peers could be created through which PPI can ask for help on technical issues. It was proposed that the Coreteam a) centralise all IT data, b) write a situation assessment and c) communicate it through all appropriate channels. Proposal Passed (Yes: 5| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
4.2 - Economic partnership treaties, FTA's , MEP's, Socialnetworking etc. - Proposed by Samir
- This item was withdrawn by the proposer due to unfinished preliminary work and changing circumstances.
4.3 - translation team - Proposed by Carlos Ayala
- It was noted that Xavier Vila (PPEs) has been but forward as a possible News and Translation Officer. It was decided to formally invite him to the next meeting and inform him of our attendance policy.
4.4 - Request by Jens Seipenbusch concerning conf date - Proposed by Valio
- It was noted that Jens (PPDe) had informed the Coreteam that he would be unable to make the planned conference date and asked if there was an alternate date. It was decided that, as PPDe were consulted about the date and due to the nature of the conference we could not act on a single delegate being unable to attend. It was proposed that Jens be informed of the decision, receiving the truth on the matter. Proposal Passed (Yes: 4| No: 0| Abstain: 1).
4.5 - Status of address and name change - Proposed by Nicco
- It was noted that the papers to change the address have been signed by nicco and CoreTX but have not arrived with Valio yet before they can be sent to the bank. The name change had been altered in several other locations (including the website and wiki).
4.6 - Status of PPI conference - Proposed by Nicco
- Mab has informed the Coreteam that he can acquire a location (in the EU building) for the Friday but not the weekend. It was noted that the Brussels hackerspace may be able to offer space but it would have limitations. Alternatives could be sought from Jurgen (PPBe) or Joe (EDRI). Particular consideration of the budget available would be required. Options for getting internet connectivity and recordings were also discussed. It was noted that the conference will likely need some form of moderator to maintain order. It was also noted that visas for non-EU delegates could be arranged on request through CE's office.
4.7 - Lead of statutes TF for PPI conference - Proposed by Valio
- It was noted that Gregory Engels (PPDe) had volunteered to lead the statutes taskforce (taking over from Valio). He had set up a workspace on the mypirates.net platform (located here). He would also be asked to provide weekly updates on the status of the taskforce. The statutes should not be nation-centric and that all discussions should be as open as possible. It was proposed that he be officially appointed to the position. Proposal Passed (Yes: 5| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
5. FINISHING NOTES
- It was noted that the head of the Oklahoma Pirate Party had directly contacted the Coreteam to ensure that lines of communication remain open even if PPUs does not succeed in the long term. The Coreteam was informed that there are currently three 'active' state parties within the US.
- Guidelines on how to set up a pirate party had been begun and published on the Wiki here.
- A response to the Ghana party had not been sent. One would be send within three days.
6. TO DO
6.1 - All IT data will be centralised and a situation assessment will be made.
6.2 - Xavier Vila (PPEs) will be formally invited to the next meeting.
6.3 - A response will be sent to Jens concerning his request about the conference date.
6.4 - A response will be sent to the Ghana request.