PPI Coreteam Minutes 2010-02-15
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTIES INTERNATIONAL
- FEBRUARY 15, 2010
1.1. Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Will Tovey (Duke, CAO)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (nicco, CFO)
- Steffen Ortmann (SteffenO, SNMGO)
- Patrick Maechler (Valio, Co-President)
- Xavier Vila (XaviVila, CTNO)
1.2. Others Present
- Gregory Engels (dichter, PPDe)
- Jerry Weyer (Jay, PPLu; proposed Co-President)
- Marat (PPKz)
- Ralph Hinterleitner (pertain, PPAt)
- Meeting opened at 20:06 (CET) by Valio.
- Secretary for this meeting is Dule.
- Quorum established with 5 of 6 Coreteam members present.
- Meeting closed at 23:06 (CET) by Valio.
- Next meeting on Monday, February 22, 2010.
3. OPENING REMARKS
- The minutes of the previous meeting were discussed.
- The statement described in 3.4 of the previous minutes was published.
- XaviVila sent a response to PPBr concerning conference funding.
- No response had been received concerning the .ws website.
4.1 - Conference TF status - Proposed by Valio
- It was noted that nicco had received more information from Mab. SteffenO had located a potentially useful check list for organising conferences. It was decided to advertise the conference taskforce again on Twitter, pp.int.general etc.
4.2 - Statutes TF status - Proposed by Valio
- Dichter reported that the taskforce had 26 members with discussions ongoing through mypirates.net. He also reported that he had given a presentation to the officers of PPDe which is publicly available here. While it was too early to set a deadline for the process, he has a rough idea of when it will be finished.
4.3 - Resignation Valio - Proposed by Valio
- Valio informed the Coreteam of his intent to resign from his current position within PPI in order to focus on his studies. He offered to continue to do some work for PPI (such as moderating the forum and setting up the pentabarf system for the conference) and introduced his proposed successor, Jerry Weyer (Jay), the current vice-president of PPLu. He informed the Coreteam of his intentions and ideas about the role but a formal vote was postponed until all current Coreteam members could be present.
4.4 - Pentabarf installation - Proposed by Valio
- Valio noted that he had talked to Aim about getting help with the installation. SteffenO agreed to contact a PPDe member who had offered help with technical matters.
4.5 - Techteam help cry - Proposed by Valio
- Valio and nicco agreed to publish this by 20:00 CET on Wednesday (17/2/10).
4.6 - Podcast inquiries - Proposed by Valio
- The Coreteam had received inquiries about appearing in podcasts. Some concern was raised over whether the interim co-presidents should be able to speak on behalf of PPI while it has no official statutes etc. SteffenO agreed to investigate the matter further.
4.7 - New leader of the ACTA TF list - Proposed by Nicco
- nicco noted that he was having trouble finding the time to properly fun the taskforce. XaviVila agreed to discuss taking it over for the moment.
4.8 - Pirate Party of Kazakhstan - Proposed by Duke/Dichter
- Marat was introduced as a representative of PPKz (with translations being provided by dichter). The Coreteam was informed that there would likely be elections in Kazakhstan shortly and the largest newspaper had published a front-page article about PPKz. The largest issue there is free speech with various internet sites (such as LiveJournal) being blocked. The local press are already going to the party for quotes on technical issues. It was also noted that Kazakhstan currently holds the OCSE presidency. It was agreed that PPKz be added to the current unofficial member lists and a sub-forum be created on the PPI website for them.
4.9 - telco room - Proposed by Duke on behalf of Dichter.
- dichter noted that PP Hesse (part of PPDe) have set up a teleconference system and can offer parts of the system to PPI(?). The technical details were discussed along with the advantages and disadvantages of using that type of system for meetings. No concrete proposal was made.
5. FINISHING NOTES
- Email aliases for the various positions may be created (such as news@).
6. TO DO
6.1 - The conference taskforce will be advertised again through all suitable media.
6.2 - The PPDe officer interested in helping with the techteam will be contacted.
6.3 - The Techteam help cry will be published by the end of the week.
6.4 - PPKz will be added to the lists and a subforum will be created for them.