PPI Coreteam Minutes 2010-03-29
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTIES INTERNATIONAL
- 29th March, 2010
1.1. Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Aleksander Blagojevic (Blaeks, CTO)
- Samir Allioui (CoreTX, Co-President)
- Will Tovey (Duke, CAO)
- Jerry Weyer (Jay, Co-President)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (Nicco, CFO)
- Steffen Ortmann (SteffenO, SNMGO)
- Xavier Vila (XaviVila, CTNO)
1.2. Others Present
- pertain (PPDe)
- Meeting opened at 20:15 (CEST) by Jay.
- Secretary for this meeting is Duke.
- Quorum established with all Coreteam members present.
- Meeting closed at 22:33 (CEST) by Jay.
- Next meeting on Monday, April 5, 2010.
3.1 - Conference: EP Refund distribution - Proposed by Jay
- It was noted that 50 people were on the list for a refund although 65 people were coming, but that includes some people who, for various reasons, are not entitled to the Euroepean Parliament money. As such, there will be about 5-10 people who will not be getting any refund and PPI would still like to help them. The EP needs to be told if the costs of the participants are lower than the actual cost for the journey (not just travel) and there is nothing about stretching the money to cover more people. The only participants currently not eligible for funding are the delegate from PPBr (who has crowd-sourced funds) and the PPCh delegation who cannot attend the EP visit due to booking their flights for a different time. It was also noted that the EP is currently on vacation until the 5th April.
- It was discussed whether or not the money received from the EP could be allocated to the group by PPI in a way that would ensure everyone received some refund, or whether it had to be allocated by the EP. It was noted that PPI should ask for funding for those furthest away (and so likely to get most funds) in preference over those closest. It main concern of the EP is that PPI does not profit from them and PPI would have to ensure that this does not happen. It was noted that there had been some confusion from the Coreteam about what would be paid, which was mainly due to the lack of clarity provided by the EP. It was proposed that we split the money between all people in the group ensuring all can participate and no profit goes to PPI. Proposal Passed (Yes: 6| No: 0| Abstain: 1).
3.2 - Conference: Late registration of PP-DE delegates - Proposed by Jay
- The PPDe vice-chairman and board member did not register in time for the conference but would like to participate. In order to be fair to all parties it was proposed that the deadline for registering a delegate would be extended by 48 hours, with registration by email only on a 'first come, first served' basis. Proposal Passed (Yes: 5| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
3.3 - Conference: Candidatures for new PPI board - Proposed by Jay
- It was proposed that PPI should set a deadline for candidates for the new board to give the PPs time to discuss how they would vote among themselves. It was noted that some conference participants may decide to stand while at the conference and due to the small number of applicants already put forward, these candidatures should be encouraged. Proposal Failed (Yes: 4| No: 1| Abstain: 0). It was decided that a reminder could be sent encouraging people to apply.
4. FINISHING NOTES
- It was noted that a journalist and p2p scientist had both registered an interest in attending the conference and the later could be able to give a lecture either at the EP visit or at the conference itself.
- Duke noted that he had been in contact with a Canadian researcher who was setting up a system investigating DPI and was interested in having the system widely distributed.
6. TO DO
- A reminder will be sent out encouraging more people to apply for positions on the PPI board.