This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-02-05

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

--- [05/02/2013 19:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20130205

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Denis, Jelena
excused: Nuno, Ed
unexcused: Lola, Travis


1.2 - Others

(names)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 19:22 CET by Gregory
Meeting closed at 20.00 CET by Gregory
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Jelena
Quorum: we do have quorom and have to agree on everyhting. No voting is scheduled for todays meeting hoewever.
Streaming started: No Mumble bot is broken
Recording started: Yes
Postal votes: No

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

  • Gregory: I was on business travel in the US last 12 or so days, unfortunately I have not met any local pirates. Due to this travel i had only limited time to spent on PPI matters - besides of answering some emails I had severall conversations with theo team in KZN (see below for detail) and have finally recovered all missing PPI board meeting recordings and have started to upload them to the archive.org. I will be speaking at UNESCO conference "on freedom of expression on the Internet" in Marrakesh (MA) next Weekend.
  • Lola:
  • Travis:
  • Ed:
  • Denis: I had some exams so there's not much to report. Except for one thing: There is a new member in the press team :). Looks promising, he is a student of international affairs and europen studies.
  • Jelena: worked on the design task from redmine, found internal resources for completing it within Pirate movement in Serbia and without wasting time for communication. Prearing conference with Linux comunty (LUGONS) where some Pirates will be also, will let you know about the deauls, so far it looks like the Balkan variant of CCC, and is scheduled for Autumn in Novi Sad (Serbia) Also Greens in Serbia want to have joint conference with Pirates, scheduled for spring in Belgrade (Serbia) and many of you should be there as well as Amelia Andersdotter (will flw up with information on the next meetting)
  • Nuno:

3.2 - Report on open Redmine Tasks

3.2.1 - Redmine Task #165 - PPI HQ transfer

Redmine task #165, Report by Gregory: Aparently the USPS site sais, the document package was unclaimed and sent back to me on Jan 10th. I however have yet not received it. I fill out a search request with Deutsche Post to look for it.


We need to decide as how to proceed. Gregory: Document should be here again about 16th of February and it is really frustrating. Once when is here he will send via UPS Denis: is there a number, can you call, this can be a question on the next GA Gregory: agreed, as soon as he gets he will send it. (together working on tracking number from Deutschepost) Its a little bit different what they say, it is still in USA, Denis: just restored tracking number, information will be avaliable in 4 hours - they need to scan additional information which is offline), thats all we can do REDMINE: this is put as 165. task

3.2.2 - Redmine Task #168 - Observing WIPO

Redmine task #168


Report by Denis: we need to decide wether to go to the Feb. Meeting in Geneva


4 - KZN Conference

Update: the originally proposed conference venue was unavalable for booking. Since we allready have announced the city and the date for the conference we will stick to them and have found an alternative room in anouther hotel - slightly bigger and more expensive, the exact contract will be send in tomorrow. Gregory: will invite all the Russians Kazan had problem with conference hall that was suggested in application, and since the date is already decided and people booked their tickets so conference will stay date and place-wise. Tomorrow will get new paperwork to sign to place an order for this new venue (internet is available and streaming). Russian team is asked to create new proposal to clear how much costs we have for new room and internet is additional, and we'll have their report til tomorrow. Need to talk to Ed regarding transfers / orders of payment. In the middle of busy conference preparing, this week should start regular conference calls from organisers. Next week there will be hotels which are closest to the venue, and also information on VISA support who needs to be contacted to get there with VISA.

.. - AOB

-- AOB #1 Jelena would like to ask which pirate pad can I use for communication with LUGONS and Greens regarding conferences (they use Microsoft and we want to avoid their messed up privacy statements, I have upset only by reading user licence agreement) ANSWER: log in open the new TEAM - divide security and stuff, easy.

-- AOB #2 Jelena: is there any budget from PP DE rleated to GA and Pirates who might need it Gregory: we should actually have the money, need to speak to Ed, there is some readiness to pay some money, have to wait for official board decision. Will try to get it fast because price s getting higher. Flying to Moscow / Istanbul and not only Aeroflot - train is bookable 6 weeks before if you land in Moscow and take a night train. Letter fof support should be sent out this week.

===================================================
Next Meeting: February 19th
Meeting Closed: 20:00 CEST by Gregory