This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-05-28

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
< back to PPI Board 
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING


--- 28/05/2013 20:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2013-05-28

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20130528

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Thomas, Nuno
excused: Denis,
unexcused: Vojtech, Azat, Marc


1.2 - Others

Alternates: (excused:Radek), Yasin
Guests: (names)


2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:15 CEST by Gregory
Meeting closed at 20:58 CEST by
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
"reduced" Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: yes
Recording started:
Postal votes: None

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

Summary given by text, agreed as acceptable.

Gregory: last meeting I was caught up in the lecture that I was asked to do on liquid democracy, so again my apologies. I have done some technical maintanence on some PPI IT systems, (including upgrading the PPI website to the latest version of drupal 4.7 m( - in order to prepare the migration to wordpress). I went on invitation to a conference in Belgrade on whistleblower protection - being on a panel about "Whistleblowers and ICT". I have met pirates from Italy and Serbia at that conference, and a lot of NGO representitives that operates in that area. 2
Nuno: I worked a bit on exploring systems for the online e-Democracy system and ended up setting an instance of Loomio to try it out. Along with Liquid Feedback, Loomio seems to be the best alternative so far from all the systems I tried. Both are suited for the general task, but have some differences that may be important depending on how we will use them.
Thomas Nothing of importance atm, only minor activities due to private issues

3 GA 2013/2014

3.1 GA 2013

Still awating the final papers on the conference, including the financial report. PP-RU will be reminded to deliver.

3.2 GA 2014

Still running for call of hosts. None received by now. The Board is willing to accept any question from anybody on the request.
Deadline: 2013-06-13
Turkey applied on skype in the minute of the above statement

4 UNPA

Should we apply for "membership"
http://de.unpacampaign.org/index.php
http://en.unpacampaign.org/documents/en/CAMPAIGN_INFO.pdf
"The declaration voices support of a directly elected UN Parliamentary Assembly. As leading international network that advocates for this goal, we naturally welcome PPI's position very much and I wish to invite PPI to consider joining our international campaign. This is possible by a simple statement communicated to us in this regard, no strings attached. The campaign is informal and the main purpose is to coordinate and instigate international action. The next international meeting will take place in the premises of the European Parliament on 16/17 October 2013."
Proposal to ask PPIs Members: agreed or decline this.
Discussion about tools to send out to question and database issues.
Mail to pp-leaders should be sufficient. We ask for an official statement from the Pirate Parties including a deadline. We should include the question how to deal with e-democracy to inform our member about the problems. (official addresses etc.)

5 Tech Team

Should be asked for again. But alas, not all board members are present. Maybe Nuno or Yasin might be on it.

Postponed for the next meeting

6 Activity of CoA

Thomas had been contactedt to add the "two missing" members to add them to the CoA.
Gregory remembers that there had been a "quorum" which both people had not met. The Meeting Chairman Sven Clement has to be asked what had been in fact happend, despite the minutes. The Statutes have be taken into account, too - as the latter had not been done by the "may be elected".
Nuno states that there wasn't a fixed quorum as abstentions are not counted, and as such there is only a simple majority needed to be elected and with the counted votes they are indeed elected. Quoting statutes: "c) The candidates that has achieved a simple majority of the "yes" votes from Ordinary Members present or represented and voting on them[18] are elected in the order determined by number of "yes" votes accumulated. Abstentions are not taken into account. In event of a tie where order matters, deciding elections are held, where only one "yes" vote per Ordinary Member can be cast."
Gregory proposes to request clarification from the GA Chairman, whether the tabulation of votes is correct, and in case it is, create the accounts for the two missing CoA members.
Gregory will ask Sven asap.
The CoA hasn't met by now.

7 AOB

None
===================================================
Next Meeting: 2013-06-11 20:00 CEST
Meeting Closed: 20:58 CEST by Dichter