This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-06-11

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING


--- 11/06/2013 20:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2013-06-11

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20130611

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Denis, Nuno, Azat (only present in the pad, slow internet)
excused: Thomas, Marc
unexcused: Vojtech


1.2 - Others

Alternates: Yasin
Guests: Colentine, Pherson


2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:15 CEST by Gregory
Meeting closed at 21:19 CEST by Gregory
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Denis
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present
Streaming started: http://sip.piratenpartei-hessen.de:8000/
Recording started: Yes
Postal votes: No

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.


  • Gregory: I have visited the GA of PPI Member PP-CH. I did some technical updates on PPI systems (upgraded wordpress, piwik). Wrote an article about PPI for the german PP-DE election newspaper. Next weekend I will travel to Kiev for the PP-EU manifesto conference and I will participate 18/20 July in the Share conference in Rijeka, Croatia (along with a lot of other pirates)
  • Vojtech: -
  • Nuno: I've been networking to promote a law proposal from one portuguese party about DRM. They asked us to participate on the discussion on how to make it more viable to pass, and we were glad to participate because it improves the current law in a drastic way. It will be discussed in parliament this Friday, so we've been busy creating awareness and "lobbying" the members of parliament.
  • Azat: Working on initiatives against new law (extrajudicial blocking of copyrighted content + large fines for distribution), that is going to be approved in Russia soon.
  • Thomas -
  • Denis: Of course I also visited our GA in Winterthur. Further I asked KEI whether they can put Gregory and me on the list for visiting the "Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights" meeting at WIPO (July 29 to August 2 in Geneva). Unfortunately I am going to be rather inactive until beginning of July due to several reasons.
  • Marc: -

4. Bank

Update on the situation:

Gregory: The paperwork we were waiting for was published on 26th of April. The bank ensured that everything is fine and that they would grant access to the account. I didn't get anything yet, though, so I sent again all the documentation. We will talk tomorrow, again. I hope that we can resolve it this week.

5 General Assembly 2014

Gregory: Tomorrow is submission deadline for hosting offers (June 12).

We agree that UTC is meant.

Yasin: Is there a way to grant another week for PP Turkey, considering the current circumstances?

Gregory: Please submit an application with whatever you have right now and provide the left out details asap. If you need help please contact me.

Denis: How many applications arrived so far?

Gregory: Zero.

Nonnu: We probably are too early.

Gregory: I don't think so as several people applying. I propose that we treat the deadline as end of tomorrow, UTC. (12.06.2013 23:59:59 UTC)

6 Support for Edward Snowden

Gregory: We have been requested by the board of PP-AT to spread the message. I would also suggest that we take our own action.

E-Mail by PP-AT:


===quote===

Austrian pirates demand political asylum for NSA-PRISM-whistleblower

Edward Snowden.

Vienna, June 9th 2013. Tonight, Edward Snowden, who formerly worked for

the CIA, has acknowledged to be the whistle-blower who passed documents

to the press that show the entire scope of NSA-surveillance of internet

users. The 29-year-old US-citizen said he did it because he didn’t want

to live in a society that “accepts such things”. Snowden, who is

currently in Hong Kong, the former British Crown Colony and now a

“Special Zone” with the Peoples Republic of China, is hoping for

political asylum abroad, as he is presumably facing at least a heavy

prison sentence in the US. If accused of “aiding the enemy”, like

Bradley Manning, who passed on the documents for Wikileaks, he even

could be sentenced to death.

The Pirate Party of Austria considers the uncovering of government

spying on the general public as an important service to society; people

like Edward Snowden should be protected and praised for what they do,

not ostracised and haunted around half the globe. Therefore, the

Austrian Pirate Party is demanding that the Austrian government grant

Edward Snowden political asylum in Austria.

On the Austrian Pirate Party: The Austrian Pirate Party is part of a

global movement trying to develop a new and better form of democracy for

the 21st century. The Austrian Pirate Party stands for more transparency

and participation in politics and for more individual freedom in

general; using on-line tools and the internet to enable a maximum of

participation for everybody in forming and determining its politics.

===end quote===

  • Gregory: Basically the question is: How can we support Edward?
  • Denis: Ask countries to grant asylum?
  • Gregory: We are an international organization...
  • Denis: True. Actually we can raise awareness and ask for support.
  • Nonnu: We should encourage every member party of PPI to write a support letter. I don't see other things we could do.
  • Nuno: We should spread any initiatives on twitter, facebook etc, independant to who actually is allowed to sign.
  • Nice initiative (to crowdfund). I agree that we should prepare template for local support letter from each member and promote crowdfunding for him.

Hint in the chat: Call PP-OPs.

Gregory: Good idea, it worked well at WikiLeaks. We should also push the information there.

Denis: Should we (the board) vote on whether PPI officially supports this?

Gregory: Yes, we should.

Question: Shall the PPI Board express its support for Edward Snowden and ask PPI Members to do the same?

Vote in favour: Gregory, Denis, Nuno, Azat

Motion passed with 4 yes.

Gregory will take care of it, Denis offered help if possible but can't promise anything because of civil protection during the next 10 days.

7 Social Media

Gregory: We see that the social media is devoloping, but not all channels at the same pace. A big thank goes here to Jelena, who manage the PPI FB page in a good way. But we need also to put attention to other channels (namely G+ and Twitter). Especially, we do not use the potential of twitter. We need helpers. I created a new mailing list for social media volunteers so they can exchange. We also need guidelines. http://lists.pp-international.net/admin/ppi.socialteam

Denis: What about the SMÜ?

Nuno: Same question

Gregory: I didn't find anyone yet. We are still interested in anyone who takes over the lead. It probably is easier if I set up the guideline first and then find someone who overtakes the team.

Gregory: I will send an invitation and inform about the mailing list.

8 CoA

Nonnu: It's been two weeks since our last meeting and I'm interested in the current status.

Gregory: Some eMails from the CoA have reached me as I was on Cc, but I am not sure about the current status.

Nuno: The board should give the accounts to all elected CoA officials acording to current results. If results are wrong then they would be corrected later and then acted upon again.

Gregory: I just called again Sven. One additional No-Vote was found but it didn't change anything on the results. It was counted wrong at the assembly but we can't change this. Sven proposes that the CoA shall constitute itself with the members which were announced as being elected and then judge on this.

A discussion starts whether we should grant access for the two voted but not announced judges right now.

We agreed: Gregory invites the judges for next Tuesday for a constituition meeting of CoA and also ask them to rule on that case. (also invite the two judges in question, so that they can start right after that and be part of that meeting.)

9 AOB

Yasin: We're still protesting. The police started investigation on social media accounts so PP TR informs people how to protect themselvels from that.

Gregory: Is there anything that we, or the pirate community can do for you?

Yasin: Nothing so far, thank you for your support. I receive frequent email from pirate parties all over the world who want to support us. I let you know if we need anything.


===================================================
Next Meeting: June 25 2013
Meeting Closed: 21:19 CEST by Gregory