This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-10-29

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 29/10/2013 20:19h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2013-10-29

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings:

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Nuno, Denis
excused: Thomas
unexcused: Azat, Marc, Vojtech

1.2 - Others

Alternates: Yasin
Guests: (names)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:19 CET by Gregory
Meeting closed at 21:17 CET by Gregory
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Denis
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present. Unanimous decision required.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: no

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

Gregory: I had visited the event of Amelia Andersdotter on the "DRM in HTML5" W3C proposal and expressed the opinion of the PPI regarding this. I had participated in the UNPA campaign meeting and had contact with many interesting people, including members of the coordination of the global greens. I had contact with the Pirates who want to set up a new PP in Costa-Rica and El Salvador. I also tried to open a new bank account in Brussels (pending).
Nuno: I've been doing a lot of work inside PP-PT right now, as I said we registered but still have to publish our documents, which we want to do on the next 5th of November (wink wink), and since we are doing a site revamp at the same time for that deadline things have been hectic. Also I set up some accounts for testing out Loomio and Liquid Feedback for those of you who don't know the systems yet, they shipped today.
Denis: There was another press team meeting. Unfortunately only Thomas Gaul showed up. We are going to update the processes. Thomas offered to be my deputy - so he is now :). The next meeting is on 1 November.

4 Conferences

4.1 UNPA

Gregory: I went to the the UNPA event in Brussels, the documentation is now online: http://en.unpacampaign.org/news/722.php the final doclaration http://www.unpacampaign.org/documents/en/BrusselsDeclaration.pdf contains a passage "With a view to exploring innovative forms of civic participation in a UNPA, implementing models of electronic direct or "liquid" democracy that allow citizens to participate in deliberations or to influence decision-making processes could be considered. "

We have discussed alternatives/possibilities of voting tools. Loomio is worth a try. It delivers a number of votes in the end (instead of "accepted" or "rejected") - this allows the assembly to interpret the result themselves.

4.2 PPEU Conference in Athens

http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php?id=programme:conferences:athens2013

https://www.pirateparty.gr/wiki/index.php/PPEU_Athens_2013

Gregory: I will go there. The pirates from PP EU will try to draft up a programme for the EU elections. It will be a 3-step process with a final text in the end. There are several proposals for points to be discussed. There will be a stream (URL not known yet).

Denis: What's the difference between the minfesto and the positions PP EU is about to discuss?

Gregory: The maifesto is formulated in a unspecific way such that it is valid for a long time period. The proposal now is to follow the maifesto and collect proposals for concrete positions which the parties are free to adopt then.

4.3 WTO 9MC in Bali

Gregory: We need to register the delegation participants until 31st of october, less than 48h left. We also need to finaly send out the PR.

So far there is no confirmation for financial support up to now. It is quite sure that we will go there. We should concentrate on two topics only.

On the topics that we should take to lobby for at the MC9 I suggest a) to advocate for the inclusion of the free licenses into the TRIPS and b) to propose an international treaty against surveilance and protection of privacy.

Denis: If I get some financial support I can go there.
Gregory: We should register you and you can still not go if we don't get the required support.
Nonnu: I agree that a) is a good starting point. b) is also very good to put there, this should suffice for now.
Gregory: We need to bear in mind that this is a long term project.
Denis: I agree, too.
Gregory: Thomas is willing to go there, too, if there is financial support. But there ist one free place left - my wife could support us. What do you think about it?
Denis: 4 persons are better than 3, so we should take with us any persons who are eligible to go there.
Gregroy: Ok, so I'll ask on the pp-leaders and we need an answer within 24h.
Denis: We should include a call for finances.
Gregory: Yes, and our focus.

PR: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/wto

Vote: PPI should go to the mc9 wto conference.

Yes: Nuno, Denis, Gregory

Accepted unanimously - we will go there

We postpone the question of funds until we have some pool.

4.4 PPI "Think Tank" Conference

Gregory: As discussed one month ago I worked with Denis on a structure and programme and list of people we can invite (assuming that they can come for free as we don't have any money). Date reserved for 22./23.02.2014 in Frankfurt (Germany), quite in the middle of Europe. The venue is for max 300 people in the biggest room. There are two other rooms so we could have three keynotes at once. There are also some smaller rooms. I will try to get money from pirate parties, so we probably don't have to pay it ourselves. Collections of donations are possible, too.

We need a decision whether we actually want to do this. The room needs to be confirmed by the 11.11.2013.

http://www.saalbau.com/raumangebot/detail/?Gewerkschaftshaus&objekt=226

working pad (non public) https://ppi.piratenpad.de/137

Denis: I like the idea!

Nuno: Me too.

Gregory: If you know of people we could invite please let me know.

Vote: Do we want to do that?

Yes: Denis, Nonnu, Gregory

Accepted unanimously

Question to be answered later: Shall we do this for free or with an entry fee?

5 E-Democracy

Nonnu: I've sent my report a long time ago. I got the test accounts today. We should not wait longer than two weeks until we decide what to use such that I can implement it. I want to urge everyone to test the two systems. The candidates are Liquid Feedback and Loomio. I would prefer Liquid Feedback for the GA, but Loomio could be suitable for other kinds of decisions. We should discuss Loomio in Loomio itself :).

Gregory: I agree, but I need to try Loomio

Denis: I will try it, too

Gregory: How do we put up our members inside the systems? What E-Mail address will get the invite token?

Nonnu: That's a thing I've always tried to struggle. The members should provade a generic email address. This guarantees that the information always gets to the right persons.

Example discussion on the e-Democracy system:

https://loomio.nonnu.cloudns.eu/discussions/13

6 General Assembly 2014

Gregory: We should get started.

Nonnu: Did they confirm the date?

Gregory: I take it for that but I didn't get yet a confirmation or schedule from Maxime. I rather would start early than doing it last minute.

Nonnu: Also this is important so people can organize their travel.

Gregory: I hope it's just a communication problem.

7 AOB

7.1 Victor Love's http://www.hackingthewave.com/

Gregory: This was released today and already has 600 users registered, as Victor told me. I proposed to use our translation task force to translate the small text into other languages (Russian has already been started). It is a very unique concept which has not been tried before and it's worth spreading. Victor has innovative ideas and is a good promoter of our cause.

https://piratenpad.de/p/htwtranslate

None.

===================================================
Next Meeting: 12. Nov. 2013 20:00 CET
Meeting Closed: 21:17 CET by Gregory