This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-11-12

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 12/11/2013 20:13h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Denis, Nuno
excused: -
unexcused: -

1.2 - Others

Alternates: Yasin

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:13 CET by Gregory
Meeting closed at 21:03 CET by Gregory
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is all of us
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: No - due to technical limitations
Recording started: Yes
Postal votes: No

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

  • Gregory: I went to the PPEU conference in Athens( met a lot of pirates there, discussed stuff), also did some organisatiorical preps for the February confrence
  • Nuno: Have been working a lot internaly on PP-PT, we got published last week but there is still work to do. On the other hand since we also have an online e-Democracy system in PP-PT, I've been working on that also for PPI.
  • Denis: Unfortunately I had to cancel the press team meeting on 1 November. Yesterday was another one, though. There were two participants, it was an interesting talk. See the minutes: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Press_Work/Minutes20131111 Next meeting is on 21 November, everybody is welcome to join! And I booked a flight to Bali - I will attend the WTO conference for sure :).
  • Yasin: We are still on political party establishment works. As PP-TR we also are planning to create an english-only website for international communications. As PPI, nothing so far.

4 PPEU Conference in Athens

Gregory: I attended the PPEU conference in Athens. This is an ongoing process. I put it here because a lot of our members are participating there. They are creating a text that collectively summarizes the positions of most members. The final proposal is yet in work, there are two additional milestones to go (November 17/18/19 in Mumble, two weeks period of veto). The final text proposal for a commom european election program will be ready by 2 December. There will be at least two proposals: A common one which is accepted by everyone and an additional one which is not agreed by every party but a large part of them. We could also use this for the WTO conference if they make it up to then.

Gregory: There was also a discussion about design. A design competition is running (PPEU logo, CI, etc). That will be selected at the PPEU founding conference in March (in Brussels). A good idea for us would be to jump on the wagon and also create a CI/CD. Jelena tried to do so but this was never finished. Our current design is insufficient, most importantly business card and letter templates are missing.

Gregory: Business cards are important for the WTO conference.

Denis: My gf already created a template for me because I also needed some cards once. We could use that design for the WTO conference. I will ask her whether she can send us a template.

Gregory: Create design competition ending on the next GA where a winner will be selected by the assembly. A design commitee should present a proposal.

Nuno: We should ask our members to send members for the committee.

Gregory: Many of our members are limited in personal ressources so this could be difficult. There should be enough people to be able to share ideas but there should be a limit like say 9 people so they can actually work together. We should publish a call for jury so people could nominate themselves and in the end we should decide out of these nominations, respecting regions/countries.

Nuno and Denis agree.

TODO: Create a call for jury (Gregory)

Milestones: select the jury till December 10th.

5 WTO 9MC in Bali

Gregory: Denis, me and my wife will participate. As far as I understood the proceedings of the conference we will not be able to take the floor at the conference. But actually we probably could distribute some papers. There is an NGO center so we could also print there. I'd like to prepare papers of up to one A4 page. One would be for adding a guarantee for free licenses in TRIPS, the second one a proposal of an multilateral treaty against surveillance. I could write these texts myselves, but I could also write drafts. We don't have much time left and it is also unsure how much impact we could do with such papers but we should try to cause as much impact as possible.

Denis: We could write drafts and invite the Internet to help.

TODO: Write the drafts and invite the internet to comment (Gregory)

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/WTO-Trips-Paper

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/WTO-NoSpy-Paper

Denis: I am on my bachelor thesis and will be in bali for a whole week so i am willing to help but I can't promise anything.

6 PPI "Think Tank" Conference

Gregory: We have confirmed the venue and also the final prize which is 832€ for up to 300 people for 2 days. We are only allowed to ask for entry fees up to 25€ for both days. I think the money will be secured through fees and contributions. I looked through conference management systems. Right now I am looking for a contents team which could publish the call for submissions/abstracts soon. If somebody knows people who want to contribute on that I'm up for suggestions. The call for submissions shall be published until the next board meeting. There also will be a production team of local pirates, it isn't complete yet, though. The kick-off-meeting will be during the next few weeks. Let me know if you want to be included in the communication about that.

7 General Assembly 2014

Gregory: We have communication from Maxime, announcing a new coordinator for the GA. The venue is registered. We need to create a conference page and define an agenda. Right now we should set up a registration form and actually announce this conference and inform the members that they can register. We need to clarify whether there will be an entrance fee before we can ask people to register.

Nuno: There always was an entrance fee up to now so it would be ok. We should look for sponsors.

Gregory: In the founding conference it was 25€, Friedrichshafen 35€, in Prague 25€, in Kazan 35€ again (50€ for late registration). The total cost for the conference is 840€, 600€ of it is internet and equipment. Catering can be arrange for 5€ to 10€.

Nuno: Something around 30€ sounds good.

Gregory: Since they offer catering for 5€ to 10€ we should ask for 35€ and we can include catering. This would give us more time for the assembly as it takes much longer than 1h if people eat outside. In order to publish the registration form I need to upgrade my server - I could use the last one but since we already have a second conference I am looking for a more general solution.

We decide to ask for 35€ entrance fee which includes catering. At around 6 weeks before the conference the cost the late registration fee weill be 50€.

-> All agree.

8 - AOB

--none--

===================================================
Next Meeting: 20:00 CET on 26/11/2013
Meeting Closed: 21:03 CET by Gregory