This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2014-02-18

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
< back to PPI Board 
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING


--- 18/02/2014 20:00h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-02-18

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings:

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Denis, Gregory, Nuno
excused: Marc
unexcused: Vojtech


1.2 - Others

Alternates: Yasin
Guests: (macburns)


2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:11 CET by Gregory
Meeting closed at __:__ CET by _____
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: 20:11 CET by Thomas
Postal votes: none

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.


  • Gregory: I have been elected to the PPDE candidates list to European Parliament, before that, Conference in Bali and others. Organizing TT14. Upgrades the Servers and moved them. Have set up the a youtube-channel for PPI, did technical upgrades (our list server and all the sites that are on that same system have been moved to a new datacenter, the IP address have changed, everything went smooth)
  • Vojtech:-not present-
  • Nuno: I've been very busy with my day job from the beginning of the year so I missed the last couple of meetings but in the meanwhile I still managed to finally find a nice place to host the e-Democracy system on a free plan at Openshift. I already successfully deployed a test site and am now migrating a production site, should be done this week still. I also met with a Tapani Karvinen, a Finnish pirate candidate to te EU and we had a couple of interesting meetings exchanging information and experiences.
  • Azat: -not present -
  • Thomas Nothing of importance to report. Been in contact with PPUK about a bank account and we have found a possible solution, paperwork needs to be done.
  • Denis: I first finished my Bachelor Thesis and then was very busy with stuff at Pirate Party Switzerland. Helped a bit with tt14. Hosted some press team meetings, unfortunately with small interest.
  • Marc:

4 TT14 - Think Twice Conference

30 Slots, Outstanding registrations! - We should ask for it again.
POG will offer 500€ for the conference. - We do thank the Pirates without Borders for it! 2 people from pirates without borders will be attending tt14 me and a swiss girl.moira.
I am at tt14 helping with technik, if anyone needs help with anything @mickjosi,0152 27349482, mickey sinclair. i am present from friday afternoon till monday morning.

https://pwb.piratenpad.de/Meeting-2014-02-09? info here.

pirates without borders want too make an solidarity stream for ukraine at the tt14.

on friday there is a demo against banks at 1900 hours.

Öffentliche Diskussionsveranstaltung am

Freitag, 21. Februar 19 Uhr

Banken außer Kontrolle?

Warum Whistleblower für Justiz

und Verwaltung ein unverzichtbares Frühwarnsystem sind.

Ort: Deutschlands Bankenmetropole Frankfurt/M., im Saalbau DGB, Wilhelm-Leuschner-Str. 69 – 77, 60327 Frankfurt am Main.

Ask POG for a speech (Greetings) at the conference.
Streaming is organised, three rooms are possible, the streamer even bought addtional hardware to secure it. We will record everything and upload it to our Youtube channel.
Attending Board Members: Gregory Engels, Denis Simonet, Thomas Gaul

Todo until Friday:

- Ask for financial support

- Organizing couch surfing

- Publish the text with the information that we have cool talks not only from pirates but also from NGOs and scientific ones.

- Press release (right after the meeting)

- Putting talks in the actual agenda (right after the meeting)

5 PPEU

Foundation event on 21 & 22 March in Brussels.

Observer membership and participation at the founding conference in Brussels
Signing the declaration
Motion: PPI should be founding observer member of PPEU
Statutes: http://ppeu.net/wiki/doku.php?id=statutes:final

Denis: What does it cost?

Gregory: An observer membership does not cost anything.

Quoting from the Statutes Art 13: "Observer Members do not have to pay a fee. All members may further contribute by giving donations to the Association."
Vote: Accept and sign in as observer and founding member.
in favour: Denis, Thomas, Nuno, Gregory
against: -
abstention: -

TODO: Communicate this decision to Amelias office (will be brought in person by Gregory to Amelia's office on March 3rd.)

Denis: I suppose not to only attend the foundation and become a founding member but also to ask for a time slot so we can encourage them to go on and let them know that we like the plan.

Gregory: Probably we cannot do it because of some constraints on speakers but there might be an opportunity.

Gregory will go for candidancy for PPEU as liason for PPI . He clarifies the process of sponsoring candidates and looks for a sponsor.

Otherwise, Gregory will attend anyway. Thomas and Denis will attend the event, too. Denis will be part of the Swiss delegation.

6 WIPO, WTO, ILO, UNESCO etc.

We need to make an event calendar where to go. It's a little bit random right now. We need to know it more than one week in advance. We need to go to the WTO TRIPS meetings and WIPO enforcements meetings, the broadcasting union meetings also seem to be interesting.

Denis: We should also plan our new application for becoming a WIPO observer member.

Gregory: We have time until May so let's do it after the new board was elected.

Denis: We don't have the people to go to too many events.

Gregory: Therefore we need to prepare a calendar and have a budget plan so we can organize better.

Gregory: I will ask Vojtech to do it.

7 Bitcoins account for PPI

I don't really understand yet how an organization should use bitcoins. For example: how does the wallet get to a new treasurer? I would love to give the task to Marc who is still at work.

Nuno: The specs for bitcoins allow for the multi-signature keys (like 3 out of 5 signatures are needed for a transaction) I do not know if there are any clients that would implement that feature.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Accounts_explained

Account Weaknesses

Since the accounts feature was introduced, several services have used it to keep track of customer's bitcoin balances and have had the following problems:

Wallet backups are an issue; if you rely on a good backup of  wallet.dat then a backup must be done every time an address is  associated with an account and every time the 'move' command is used. 
The accounts code does not scale up to thousands of accounts  with tens of thousands of transactions, because by-account (and  by-account-by-time) indices are not implemented. So many operations  (like computing an account balance) require accessing every wallet  transaction. 
Most applications already have a customer database,  implemented with MySQL or some other relational database technology. It  is awkward at best to keep the bitcoin-maintained Berkely DB wallet  database and the application database backed up and synchronized at all  times. 

Vote: postponed for clarificaton - done by Nuno - any other PP is invited to help on the issue

McSinclair will ask someone who might be well informed, too.

8 Anakata =

Request by mail in Russian: Anakata is incarcerated right now. Therefore the question is, can PPI ask the Head of State for Denmark and help on such things in order to help Anakata.

Difference to others like Chelsea Manning: he is charged on not political issues but the involve politics.

http://freeanakata.se/index

https://www.facebook.com/FreeAnakata

http://tt14.pp-international.net/PPI/TT2014.nsf/session.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=4FE68DB8633556A8C1257C60007B3B64

 @AnakataSupporters 

At tt14 one slot will be about FreeAnakata - let us gather some information there so we can decide on valid information and not on some god feeling.

Postponed untill next meeting.

9 E-Democracy

See report from Nuno (above)

https://www.openshift.com/products/online (free plan PaaS)

http://lqfb-pppt.rhcloud.com (functioning test example)

Still probs with some member data. This has to be solved.

We can host is on our domain as a sub.

We got for it and will have it online before the GA 2014.

Either ask members for a generic email for it we could provide a generic account for each member and provide them the login.

TODO: Nuno will communicate this on pp-leaders list.

10 General Assembly 2014

Room is booked. Streaming is secured.
Gregory is in contact with PP-FR to exchange necessary information.
Gregory will set up a new database for the GA 2014 registration.
WIkipage cleanup. http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2014
Where to send the registration fee to.
Sponsors?
Chair for the meeting is needed.
Members should be asked for board candidatures
Deadline for Statutes Amendments: 14th of March
Deadline for Membership Applications 14th of March
To-Do: Send out a reminder for the deadlines to the members (Thomas)
To-Do: Send out the relevant information till 28th of March containing proposed changes etc. (Thomas)
To-Do: Check for any leftovers from the last GA in Kazan.
To-Do: proposal for membership fees from the board, accompanied with a proposal for our expenses (bugdet plan)
Board members are obliged to write a report for the GA

11 AOB

There will be a public discussion in the same venue as TT14 on the evening before regarding the banking crisis.


===================================================
Next Meeting: 2014/03/04 20:00 CET
Meeting Closed: :21:39 CET by Gregory