This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2015-10-06

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING

        

---         [06/10/2015 22:00]h CEST ---
Mumble:         mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room:         "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:                 

Record of the         meeting

        

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members         of the PPI board 

        

participating: cbj,Andrew, pakki, Karla, Richard
excused: Henrique
unexcused: Min         

1.2 - Others        

        

Alternate Board         Members
participating: Nikolay         
excused:  
unexcused:
Guests

        

participating:Macburns,

        

          

        

          

        


                 

2 - PROCEEDINGS        

        

RoP:         http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

        

Meeting opened at         CEST by          

        

Meeting chaired by Andrew                

        

Secretary for this         meeting is shared

        

Quorum established    5     with out of 7 board members present. 

        

Streaming started:               

        

Recording started:      22:10             

        

Postal votes:          none

        

Notes on meeting         process

        

  • [HH:MM] CEST:         (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out         of Y board members]

        

  • [HH:MM] CEST:         (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y         board members]

        

  • [HH:MM] x-minute         break by initiated by (name)

        

Meeting closed at         HH:MM CEST by (name)

        


                 

3 - APPROVAL ON         THE MINUTES

        


                  Minutes of the last         meeting                   http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-09-22

                 


                  Minutes approved          YES:    Richard, cbj, pakki,Andrew, Karla, Henrique          NO:           ABSTENTIONS:          


                 

4 - REPORTS

        

4.1 - Short         report of the board members

        


                 

  • Andrew: Contacted Nigerian PP to  join the New Parties group and tried to contact the Phillipine one but having trouble with their email. Started a new loomio group for conferences. Wrote an article for the Pirate Times asking for people to join the loomio groups and it has had some success.        

        


                 

  • Chems: Contacts with refugies & for COP21

        


                 

  • Henrique: we had contact with David Miranda (Glenn Greenwald's partner)about the IUF  and he asked  PPI to join their project called Snowden Treaty. the launch will be in the U.S. (location is not set yet)

         many influential people already joined and I think this is a great opportunity for us.  www.snowdentreaty.org

I've been in touch with several pirates from many countries lately. also tried contact with Philippine pirates but n reply yet.


                 

  • Karla:  Question about bank account in Luxemburg. And software to keep finances, any preference? Is there a need for continuity?         

        


                 

  • Min:          

        


                 

  • Patrick: Contact to Gordon Thomas of Piratenshop was successfully. He has gained help for translating the german shop texts into english in the next weeks. He will also be the one, setting up the infrastructure. Bank account: Koen, Josef Collentine, Karla and I held a meeting concerning the further ongoing about the bank account. Josef and Koen are getting things done which needs to be done (signature of swedish pirate).

        


                 

  • Richard: Nothing to report         

         == 5 - change to Rules of Procedure (1) (Andrew) That the frequency of the mumble meetings be changed to two per month with the first being on the first Tuesday of the month and on the third Tuesday. This should make the meetings  easier to remember

Discussion in loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/OWGX9Pam/board-meeting-22-september-change-meeting-frequency?proposal=7bnSeltM

YES:  Richard, cbj, pakki,Andrew,Karla    NO:          ABSTENTIONS:     

Passed - Andrew will update the rules of procedure     


== 5b- change to Rules of Procedure (2) (Andrew) Shall we change the times of the meetings after the change from European Summertime  Sunday, 25 October?  proposal: We change the meeting time to 20:00 CET (Berlin time)

YES: Andrew, Karla, pakki, Richard NO:  ABSTENTIONS: cbj

Passed - Next meeting after the 25th will be at 20:00 


==6 Request to join the Snowden Treaty discussions http://www.snowdentreaty.org/ We should accept the request and appoint Henrique to head this project.

YES: Richard, cbj, Karla, Andrew, pakki NO:  ABSTENTIONS:

Passed - 

7 For Discussion

Conferences : GAs and Think twice

  • General call for the location of the next GA: 
  • Think twice - PPUK ? Tunisia half virtual - all virtual Move to loomio 

Finances need to be tied up beforehand 

  • New Parties : what can we offer?

Nigeria, Phillipines, India, Algeria


8 AOB - Any other business

         Karla: 50€ have to be paid to open a bank account in Luxembourg. (sorry it is 35€ for a "token") Patrick will ask if we need that now or should we wait for the old account to be accessed

Do we have accountiing software already in use for our finances? (transfer to loomio)

Richard will reply to PP Algeria query (French)         

===================================================

         Next Meeting:         Tuesday, 2015-10-20 22:00 CEST (00:00 GMT) Meeting Closed:         22:52 CEST (00:00 UTC) / 00:00 GMT  by Andrew