This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2015-12-15

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [15/12/2015 22:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: Audiofile Partial due to loss of connection

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Andrew ,Pakki, Richard, Henrique (joined 22:15)
excused:
unexcused: Chems

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Nikolay
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
ThomasG, Bastian, Cybernaut

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 22:07 CET by Andrew
Meeting chaired by Andrew
Secretary for this meeting is everyone
Quorum established 3 with out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: 22:06
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-12-01
No formal meeting held so minutes do not need approval
  • Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members

  • Andrew: I contacted PPSE and other leaders over celebrations of 10year Pirates and put out a call for ideas from the community. Contributed documents for the restoration of bank account. Responded with Richard and Thomas to a spurious takedown notice from an Israeli copyright company. I also withdrew from the planned women's conference due to a disagreement with one of the organisers. I hope it will continue and be a part of the 10 year celebrations
  • Chems:
  • Henrique: Involved in local politics and women's conference
  • Karla:
  • Min:
  • Patrick: I contacted PPDE Shop and got the information, that the english shop system is nearly ready. We talked about meeting us in the beginning of 2016 to administrate the first accounts and design the frontend. I spoke also to the PPDE IT admin & board members and asked them, if we may host our whole infrastructure (hosting, emails, etc.). They agreed. I want to add a motion to the PPI board now, to ask if we want this. I talked also to Jelena about our communication strategy & website and we found the solution, that it's the best to speak vis-a-vis. So I booked a flight to belgrad from 18th to 23th december :)
  • Richard: Nothing special to report

5 - Proposal No. 1

It is in French and is for EUR 250
It looks as if the PPI bank account will be accessible soon and this can be delt with then.

YES: NO: ABSTENTIONS:

6 - Proposal No. 2

  • We recieved a takedown demand from an Israeli copyright firm that wanted us to take responsibility for a video posted on the PPIS youtube channel. We drafted a reply and Richard sent it back. While they were fishing we should take note that we have no definite statement explaining that we are not legaly responsible for the actions of individual Pirate Parties nor is any individual PP responsible for the actions of PPI.
We should make a statement to that effect and consider making a change to the statutes to that effect at the next GA or similar.(Andrew)
Also that we publish the letter and our response
YES: Richard, pakki, Andrew ,Henrique
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
  • Motion passed
  • Andrew will publish the letter and reply
https://www.loomio.org/d/6qMtXvJj

7 - Proposal No. 3

  • Should we send and end of year message and what should it contain?(Andrew)
YES:
NO: Richard, pakki,Andrew,Henrique
ABSTENTIONS:
From Thomas: A new years message should contain positive messages for the members as people need to be motivated. As you see we have 10 years of Pirates. We have achievement done and maybe some failures. The positive message (whatever it might contain) should be sent out to the world.
From pakki: Jelena and me are going to think about preparing some media (video, animated gif, whatever) to spread a motivational message to all the pirates out there
https://www.loomio.org/d/2hPgaunA
Motion: not passed but Jelena and Pakki will explore the video idea

== 8 - Should we explore the idea of seeking to open a bank account outside the EU? (Andrew) This will be unneccessary as access to our account looks to be just days away.

YES: NO: ABSTENTIONS:

9 - The position of Chief Financial Officer be created

  • Koen de Voegt be appointed to the position. This position is so that the treasurer can be supported in her job and will be one of the signatories to the bank account.
YES: Richard, Henrique, pakki, Andrew
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Koen did agree to it beforehand.
Motion passed and Koen has got the job.

10 - PPI and its agents may engage with of non-pirate individuals and organisations for the purpose of furthering Pirate Principles. (Andrew)

This should not need stating but I am wasting time and energy defending this so a clear statement from the board would be helpful.
YES:RIchard Henrique, pakki, Andrew
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
https://www.loomio.org/d/JqIZP3H8


11 AOB - Any other business

Ásta Guðrún Helgadóttir PPIS MP and Kári Gunnarsson want to start a Pirate policy based academic journal and Andrew would like the board to support this idea in any way possilbe.
YES: Andrew, Henrique, pakki,
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
  • motion passed
  • Bank Account A meeting will be held as soon as access is restored
  • Membership fees for individuals and parties should be instituted as soon as possible after this
A discussion will be held in the loomio group finance and social media

Individual membership solution

===================================================

Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2016-01-05 22:00 CEST (10:48 GMT) Meeting Closed: 00:00 CET (00:00 UTC) / 00:00 GMT by 0