|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2016 03 01
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [01/03/2016 22:00]h CET ---
- São Paulo 1 March at 18:00
- Tokyo 2 March at 06:00
- Wellington 2 March at 10:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: Audiofile
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Andrew,Min, Karla, cbj
- excused: pakki, Richard,Chemsidine
- unexcused: Henrique
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 22:05 CET by Andrew
- Meeting chaired by Andrew
- Secretary for this meeting is everyone
- Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started:
- Recording started: 22:05
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting
- Minutes approval postponed
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members
- We now have seven supporting members. My bank manager is back from holiday but has not yet responded to my request for a bank account for PPI. I have been in contact with international Pirates about 2016 10 year cellebrations.
- Video for PPDE GA: https://youtu.be/UnV05sBFjZI
- Karla: Not much success - with women's conference. Tried to get women in Spain engaged and talked of perhaps some of them becoming alternative board members but no answer.
- Min is like to have the women conference in Japan.
- made up the PPI GA 2016 wiki page: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2016 - has to be filled with life now. I had talks with Guillaume Saouli from PPCH on the pirate security conference about moving the PPI head quarters to switzerland and maybe he will attend the meeting today. PPCH is going to discuss the issue about supporting us with this. As I can't attend the meeting today, you'll have to decide on your own, if you will have a discussion about that.
- Video for PPDE GA: https://youtu.be/oXu99CQnEqE
== 5 - Proposal No. 1
- That the GA be themed around "The Next Ten Years" There will be more people there than would normally be at a GA as Jessica Zinn wants to make it a free and open event. We can invite people to speak by video and in person and encourage workshops on the subject
- see opening of PPDE GA, Rick Falkvinges video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2shjiT87_o&feature=youtu.be
Motion: In favour of the idea to promote it.
YES: Andrew,Min, Karla, cbj
- motion unanimously accepted
- Partial idea: ask Rick to be a speaker at the GA in Berlin.
==6 Discussion - Would it be possible to let an existing and established Pirate Party do our banking on our behalf?
- As in the past: PPLux had done so, PPDE had had been prepared to step in.
- Karla: I think it has been a long way to figure the finances, and giving out banking seems too sensitive at this time. If it were to happen then perhaps a party from a small country/united strong party would be best.
- Min and Tom: Maybe untll GA in Berlin it would be convenient to keep the bank account in Berlin close to the representavies for GA Berlin,2016. Afterward it could be good to set it in Switzerland.
- That could be done the very day after, considering the minutes are provided and signed in very due time (means: overnight)
- postponed till next meeting
- Tasked: Andrew and Karla and Koen to approach Parties for member ship fees that can be paid through paypal and Andrew will request banking facilities from selected Parties.
6 AOB - Any other business
- no AOB tonight
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2015-03-15 22:00
Meeting Closed: 22:30 CET by Andrew