This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2016 05 17

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [00/00/2015 22:00]h CEST ---
Berlin Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 22:00:00
Wellington Wednesday, 18 May at 08:00 
Tokyo Wednesday, 18 May at 05:00 a.m.
São Paulo Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 05:00 p.m
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: Audiofile

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board 

participating: Richard,Andrew, cbj, pakki
excused: 
unexcused: Min, Henrique,Karla

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Nikolay, Koen
excused: 
unexcused:
Guests
participating: Bastian, ThomasG, JeZ, Guillaume (TaZ), AdamSailorwolf, Cybernaut
 
 

2 - PROCEEDINGS 

RoP:         http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at CEST by 22:00
Meeting chaired by Andrew
Secretary for this meeting is 
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present. 
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: no
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out         of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y         board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting None as no formal meeting held Minutes approved

YES: cbj NO:  ABSTENTIONS: 

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members

  • Chems: 
  • Henrique: 
  • Karla: 
  • Min: 
  • Patrick: had talks with Andrew and Jelena about PPI GA. Also had talks with Jez from Berlin. Got login data for our youtube account. Did also some talks concerning PPI Shop.
  • Richard: Nothing to report

== 5 - Proposal No. 1 - Preparations for the GA

Andrew, Jelena and pakki met on sunday and discussed the agenda & preparations for the upcoming general assembly. We invited Jessica Zinn from Berlin pirates to the board meeting to discuss further questions.

Socializing:

  • On saturday non voting delegates and visitors can join in CSD events during boring parts
  • Friday: location is going to be booked by Jez
  • Saturday: silent cinema at the same location as the GA is happening

Partizipation fee:

  • Fees: we will need to cover any decorations - refreshments that we want to provide

Decoration:

  • Flags, Rollups, etc. needed (1 rollup for PPI exist) Bastian BB
  • putting merchandising things into PPI shop will fix that problem :D

* Expenses for that should be organized & covered by PPI

Catering:

  • helping hands needed - Jez
    • catering / kitchen / beverage

Helping hands in general:

  • streaming - pakki
  • security - pakki
  • accreditation for delegates - pakki

Silent Cinema:

  • Jez needs Movies, Elections spots, Animations - pakki will ask Jelena

All notes and information could be found here: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/151

PPI GA wiki site: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2016

We also managed to write invitations for guests and delegates: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/154

Meeting next Tuesday at 22:00 to further work on the GA requirements

YES:Richard, cbj, pakki, Andrew NO:  ABSTENTIONS:

== 6 - Proposal No. 2 - getting things done: finances & administration

  • We invited Guillaume from PPCH and Thomas from PPDE to discuss about an administrative side-association in switzerland.
  • At the Secon in Munich, Guillaume, Thomas, pakki and several others talked about bugging down PPI on administrative issues. Two points are a reason: finances lack of administration because of missing bank account in brussels. Moving PPI from belgium to switzerland ist not an option. And a contact/representative in Switzerland has a lot of advantages because of many UN organizations there/getting ECOSOC Status/Funding.

The solution could be a side-association of PPI in Switzerland. Guillaume proposes two things: 

1. to have a decision of the PPI GA to create an association within Switzerland and to grant power of attorney for a representative in Switzerland in regards to financial institutions: President, Treasurer and General Secretary as a minimum

2. In order to get ECOSOC Status you need major support in the UN. 

3. That demonstratibility of intent, work and engagement is crucial to  obtain the ECOSOC status. That's why I started with the motion presented to the both of the swiss pirate party. Now there is a need for the echo of PPI for the expooratory mandate. And the board of all the member parties need to state that they support the exploratory mandate and the candidacy to ECOSOC, because without that demonstration the ECOSOC board will not budge easely. For funing opportunities: http://www.cagi.ch/en/service-ong/bureaux.php

The Swiss Pirate Party has decided to support the effort in a formal way: https://projects.piratenpartei.ch/issues/7147

  • Proposal from ThomasG: set up a small task force to take care of the issues around the questions above, as well to improve the proposal for the GA and as well for checking the organizational issues dealing with in parallel.
  • Guillaume: PPCH has already a mandate to support PPI in that case
  • Task Force: ThomasG, Richard, Koen, Guillaume, pakki

YES:Richard, Andrew, pakki NO:  ABSTENTIONS: cbj

== 7 - PPI shop - checking organizational stuff

We have to set up a contract with PPDE about cooperating with the german pirate shop.

8 - AOB - Any other business

  • New website of PPI is being developed by pakki. First screens will be ready at the end of june. Everybody, who wants to contribute, is very welcome - contact: patrick.schiffer@piratenpartei-nrw.de

Think twice domain name expiring - can we bring it over the Godaddy account - Koen will contact Gregory 


  • Financial Statements 2015
temporary version available here: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters
  • Remark:
I received no quarterly reports due on 30.09.2015, 31.12.2015, 31.03.2016 and I see no changes in finances (wiki) since 30.06.2015. http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances (Bastian, Lay auditor) http://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=Finances&action=history
===================================================

Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2016-06-07 22:00 CEST (20:00 GMT) Meeting Closed: 23:28 CEST (21:28 UTC) / GMT  by Andrew