This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2016 09 26

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [26/09/2016 08:00]h CEST ---
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 26 September 2016, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 September 2016, 19:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 September 2016, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 25 September 2016, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 26 September 2016, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 26 September 2016, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 September 2016, 06:00:00
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: https://archive.org/download/PpiBoardMeeting2016-09-26/PPIBoard-2016-09-26-08-03-50-mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de-Mixdown.ogg

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray, Thomas, Keith, Bailey, Andrew, Guillaume, Koen (joined 08:08)
excused:
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating: Chris McGimpsey-Jones

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:04 CEST by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
Quorum established with 7 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes https://archive.org/download/PpiBoardMeeting2016-09-26/PPIBoard-2016-09-26-08-03-50-mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de-Mixdown.ogg
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_09_11

YES: Thomas, Bailey,Andrew, Keith, Ray, Guillaume

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Had been busy with a federal vote about the intelligence service act. Alas, we lost with 35% of the votes against the law. Media coverage for PP had never been very high. The campaign had kept us busy for about three week I couldn't devote much time to PPI affairs.
  • Bailey: Nothing really to report. I didn’t get around to emailing PPI members with feedback questions..I apologize for this, had a weird/stressful couple of weeks. But I will do it ASAP. Also Thomas brought up the idea of an article on the board’s progress so far that will go up on the website. Everyone ok with me writing this up? If so, I would love input from all of you! https://piratenpad.de/p/CSddsJZmSkReS4j4qQJQ <--add to this
  • Andrew: Nothing to report. Am preparing to visit Iceland during and after the elections.

The budget is divided into sheets for membership fees, paypal, bank account, and monthly balances. Additional information is requested (budget from prior years, bank account balance, membership fees...),

  • Koen: Mostley PPBE work, also playing with the idea of doing a new Think Twice, would also like to go to Iceland for a couple of days. http://think-twice.co
  • Raymond: Identified and contacted three potential future hosting providers. Will work with Thomas to further that project. (See below)
  • Thomas: nothing of importance
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Website Management

  • Hosted by PP-Northrhine-Westfalia
Patrick intends to educate others on admin stuff
Thx to those who have fixed the site after the mishap (security update failed)
For management, a tech team should be established outside the board plus there should be a "content team".
Proof read text should be published only.
Piratetimes would be eventually eager to take over the proofreading.
A twofold approach has to be implemented, with based on 2 teams taking on different roles: a maintenance and administration team

a content development & management team

The role of maintenance and administration team is to take care of the technical aspect of the website, and ensure its maintenance and technical management.

The role of the content development & management team is to maintain the editorial process and support the content delivery in every possible way.

The teams organize themselves and report to the board on a regular basis on their work and progress, as well as the issues they encounter along the way.

A call for participation is to be sent out in order to recruit volunteers to support both teams

Does the board agree to the above organisation?

YES: Thomas, Bailey,Andrew, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

motion passed

Does the board agree to an increase of privilege to admin for Bailey, Raymond, Guillaume

YES: Thomas, Bailey,Andrew, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

motion passed
All three have been updated to administrator.

6 Pirateshop

Guillaume will take care of it, seeing that a good contract is signed and will also see fit about what really is going on. Keith will be with him as money is involved.
Thomas is out of this business due to a conflict of interests. (being lay auditor for PPDE)

Does the board agree with this course of acrtion:

YES: Thomas, Bailey,Andrew, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Motion passed

7 Informative part

7.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/346

Work is ongoing to collect and update contacts.

  • Ongoing process
nothing new to report

7.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/350

  • On going work from Thomas Gaul, which is in communication with Raymond.
https://ppi.piratenpad.de/2016-Server-New to be discussed and filled in

7.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/354

Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain

services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!

A follow-up is required.

This should include even the tech stuff.

Please help out!

<https://ppi.piratenpad.de/Standinglist-Access-to-Services>

Nothing new. The information from secret will have to added.

7.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/355

  • Work is ongoing.

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Fees

And where is the other part?

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Decisons_of_GA

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XVI._Affiliation_Fees

Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
An extra meeting with Guillaume, Bailey, Keith, Andrew and Thomas will happen to clarify the financial issues concerning the membership fees. Keith will work on the comments to the decisions about membership fees for better understanding.

7.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356

  • I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges

7.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/357

  • Identify the costs and incomes.
  • No new info about server costs
  • Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account

A draft provisional budget is now available here.https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit?usp=sharing

  • Please also look into:

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters

For access to the old account please contact Sven Clement of PPLU

Pad for Membership Fees/Budget Discussion Group

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/158

7.7 - Informative - Task #358: Creation of a virtual postal address for PPI

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/358

The virtual postal adress for Pirate Parties International has been executed and implemented.

A 20.- CHF invoice is now open.

  • bank account will be open this week & treasurer will be informed when this happens

--> Treasurer

7.8 Other ongoing projects

8 AOB - Any other business

Prompting further discussion of:

Board members disclosure of projects outside of Pirate Parties International
That would need to be a motion for the GA. All board members have given bios in their candidatures and answered questions from the GA - that is sufficient in my opinion
Pirate Parties International is moving its server(s). Is there a legitimate and viable reason
Yes. As the server contract expires and will not be prolonged. See prev. minutes of board
Clarification accepted
Pirate Parties International creation of a public portal to raise concerns
Any member can raise question and present a request to be handle at the next board meeting by sending out a mail to board or submitting a motion via tasks.pp-international.net
Outlining specific criteria for gaining membership to Pirate Parties International
http://wiki.pp-international.net/Membership_application
Clarification accepted
===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2016-10-09 14:00 CEST (12:00 GMT)

Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 14:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 10 October 2016, 01:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 21:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 05:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 09:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 15:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 17:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 9 October 2016, 12:00:00

Meeting Closed: 09:15 CEST (07:15 UTC) by Guillaume