This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2016 11 06

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [06/11/2016 08:00]h CET ---
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 00:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 07:00:00
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: ???

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Guillaume, Keith, Bailey
excused: Thomas
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 8:10 CET by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is: all
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes:0
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at 09:21 CEST by (Guillaume)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting

YES: Keith, Bailey, Guillaume

NO: 0

ABSTENTIONS:0

Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:

Working with Thomas on moving temporarily the server. They basically put it under a glass dome. It is in such a state and shape, that this is the only way that we can still offer services. All applications that we are hosting are outdated.

2 publications in Swiss Papers (URL) https://www.letemps.ch/monde/2016/10/28/pirates-islandais-seuil-pouvoir

Given the severe vulnerabilities observed on the PPI VM Host, we have had to setup a mitigation plan to preserve our system.

To make it short, it has been placed under a glass dome, behind a series of firewalls and proxies. Thus enabling us to maintain the availability of the following services:

Redmine - tasks Files sharing - files RSS Platform - Parrot Mailman - lists

All the above have their application version, which is lagging 7 or 8 releases behind, exposing us to exploits and vulnerabilities.

The following have not been maintained since 2013:

Calendar - Not maintained since 2013. Secret (teampass) - Teampass has been discontinued, its website is not even reachable anymore.

The list of vulnerabilities is just plain too long to list here. However the host was vulnerable to heartbleed, dirty cow, the last 6 severe SSH vulnerabilities, the 4 last exim mail server vulnerabilities.

There was no firewalling or any doorknobrattling protection.

  • Bailey:

Nothing to report.

  • Andrew:

Nothing to report.

  • Keith:

I was officially promoted to Doctor Keith by Hebrew University. I've been coordinating with our international account holders, attempting to consolidate our accounts. Coordinating with our locals: Dan Biron from PPI gave a great interview on the radio about the pirate movement (in Hebrew): http://103fm.maariv.co.il/programs/Media.aspx?ZrqvnVq=FHDHDJ&c41t4nzVQ=EF Noam Kuzar and the Jerusalem Pirates set up an Iceland election event with music by the Icelandic Jihad at the 2000 Gallery, https://www.facebook.com/events/1763280213928081/ I'm a little upset with our pace of progress, and I recommend that a few us sit together online for about an hour to figure out our membership dues and posting an update for our 2015 and quarterly finances. I think we also need to start working on some crowdfunding, especially if TT3 is in the works.

  • Koen:

Nothing to report.

  • Raymond:

Nothing to report.

  • Thomas:

Was kneedeep in the server migration for the best part of the last two weeks.

  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay: issues with redmine setup, and request for information about the delegates system.
  • Patrick:Nothing to report.
  • Adam:Nothing to report.
  • Gregory:Nothing to report.
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Informative part

5.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/346

Work is ongeoing to collect and update contacts.

  • Ongoing process
still on it

Keith will be in contact with Marie France Perroud (marie-france.perroud(at)partipirate.ch about the contact list that was done.

We will make a working list of member parties, assumed elected representatives at each level (3), number of assumed members, and assumed budget. Special emphasis will be placed on asking parties to update this information.

5.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/350

24 euro initial cost paid by Thomas. Future costs need to be presented.

We have a lot of tools that need to be updated.

CiviCRM is very efficient to drive campaigns and manage fundraising operations.

The current state of the server is such that we can not proceed with upgrade to bring it so a safe level of operation, in order to host new services, such as a picture gallery, or anyother application.

The website is working, but we need to update the services. Since 2012-2013 there hasn't been any maintenance on the system, at the system and application level. What type of timeline is there? At January next year, because they are working on a number of updates to the mail system, which is in a horrendous configuration state. We need to migrate all of the applicaitons and update new services?

Do we have a service base? because if we do Raoul can start migrating already. We need to see if the few candidates that we have are reasonable. Once we have space, we will start migrating and taking one application at a time. Since there are a dozen applications it will take some time.

Once we have the service base, Raoul can start helping with the project. Guillaume will put Raoul in contact with Cédric and Thomas. Cédric is actualyl the person behind the Ethack.org project.

We will be invited for a sessionin in which we will talk about future alterations. The current level of security and technology is not safe enough. We have to wait. Our infrastructure is too poor at the moment.

5.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/354

Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain

services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!

A follow-up is required.

This should include even the tech stuff.

Please help out!

<https://ppi.piratenpad.de/Standinglist-Access-to-Services>

Nothing new. The information from secret will have to be added. Ongoing.

5.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

Keith is working on a list and will send new spreadsheet.

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/355

  • Work is ongoing.

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Fees

And where is the other part?

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Decisons_of_GA

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XVI._Affiliation_Fees

Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
Update: nothing new

5.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356

  • I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges
Awaiting the bank so it can be handled accordingly.

Keith now has it as his task. Do I set up the Kraken account in the name of Pirate Parties International? I may need more details. I'm working on it now.

Keith also has lost acccess to the Paypal account, which appears to be in Koen's name.

Assuming that changes will be difficult to the current Paypal, then Keith will set up a new Paypal and Kraken, which will be tied to the new bank account.

5.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/357

  • Identify the costs and incomes.
  • No new info about server costs
  • Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account

A draft provisional budget is now available here.https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit?usp=sharing

  • Please also look into:

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters

Online bank statements. Guillaume will look into it and give Keith access so he can paste the balance statements routinely online.

Moving the prior data to a subpage. 2013, 2014, 2015

Current asset balance.

Formal decision will be added to Redmine, so we can document and act on it.

Keith wants to know the total costs over a year.

There are infrastructure and operation costs, which are different.

We are not confident that we can have volunteers running this server 24/7 over a matter of years.

Next meeting we will have a proposed solution for revamping the website and server, along with a timeline and proposed costs that we will vote on.

Update: Nothing new

5.7 Other ongoing projects

Updates on the feedback from pirates. Bailey will send us.

Having a big meeting with members to brainstorm a long term vision.

Creating an evidence-based research survey in about 6 months and using the current emai feedback as a pilot. Sampling will be an important issue. We may consider other randomized stratified samples, perhaps for outside-funded research.

Crowdfunding for TT3 and other crowdfunding plans to consider along with membership dues.

Or rather, we need to look at project, financial management. Crowdfunding is not the issue, but rather financial management. Lessons learned from TT2, we can't rush. We have to be very careful how we organize and ensure financial running, and taking care of all the communnication, and making sure there is a wealth of attendance and speakers, broadcasting on the net, create a quality end product.

We should invite Anders and/or Koen to speak at the next BOD about TT3 for them to present their plans for conducting the organisation of the conference and its funding.

8 AOB - Any other business

===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2016-11-21 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT)

Kassel (Deutschland - Hesse) Montag, 21. November 2016, 14:00:00 MEZ UTC+1 hrs. Vancouver (Kanada - British Columbia) Montag, 21. November 2016, 05:00:00 PST UTC-8 hrs. Tokio (Japan) Montag, 21. November 2016, 22:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs São Paulo (Brasil - São Paulo) Montag, 21. November 2016, 11:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs Wellington (Neuseeland) Dienstag, 22. November 2016, 02:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs Havanna (Cuba) Montag, 21. November 2016, 08:00:00 CST UTC-5 hrs Moskau (Russia- Moskau) Montag, 21. November 2016, 16:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs Neu-Delhi (India - Delhi) Montag, 21. November 2016, 18:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs Entsprechende UTC/GMT Montag, 21. November 2016, 13:00:00

Meeting Closed: 09:21 CEST (00:00 UTC) / 00:00 GMT by 0