This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2016 11 21

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [21/11/2016 14:00]h CET ---
Kassel (Deutschland - Hesse) Montag, 21. November 2016, 14:00:00 MEZ UTC+1 hrs.
Vancouver (Kanada - British Columbia) Montag, 21. November 2016, 05:00:00 PST UTC-8 hrs.
Tokio (Japan) Montag, 21. November 2016, 22:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
São Paulo (Brasil - São Paulo) Montag, 21. November 2016, 11:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs
Wellington (Neuseeland) Dienstag, 22. November 2016, 02:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs
Havanna (Cuba) Montag, 21. November 2016, 08:00:00 CST UTC-5 hrs
Moskau (Russia- Moskau) Montag, 21. November 2016, 16:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
Neu-Delhi (India - Delhi) Montag, 21. November 2016, 18:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
Corresponding UTC/GMT Montag, 21. November 2016, 13:00:00
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: link follows

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray, Guillaume, Keith, Andrew
excused: Bailey, Thomas
unexcused: Koen

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at __:__ CEST by _____
Meeting chaired by _____
Secretary for this meeting is
Quorum established with __ out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started:
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting

YES: Ray, Keith, Guillaume

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:Andrew

Minutes approved?

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:

Recieved all credentials to access the bank account

Have been involved in several interviews regarding PPIS' current governement setup.

www.hebdo.ch/hebdo/cadrages/detail/les-pirates-des-ovnis-propuls%C3%A9s-sur-l%E2%80%99%C3%A9chiquier-politique-international

The article has gained a large audience in the french speaking pirate community.

Working with Thomas and Cédric Jeanneret on the mail server. It is ready for migration at this stage.

Initatited discussions regarding training and coaching needs pertaining to media communication.

  • Bailey:
  • Andrew:

I attended the election in Iceland these are my impressions.

The most interesting thing was comparing Iceland and specifically Reykjavik now to what it was three and a half years ago. Of note is the increased number of tourists and the changes that has bought about. Most of the shops downtown cater to tourists – souvenir shops and restaurants mostly. Cranes dominate the skyline and Icelandic is not heard on the streets as much as before.

Most tourist would not be aware that elections were in progress as there were very few visible signs

This has not had so much of an impact on campaigning as one would think as most campaigning is done on social media, radio and television, personally in bars and cafes, at the flea market and newly in shopping malls. Buttons, stickers and leaflets were produced but not used as much as would be in other countries. The party hired a very good manager and a PR expert whereas the last election campaign was more volunteer oriented.

Before the campaign there was an effective protest movement that largely lead and organised the headline garnering protests for immediate elections earlier in the year. The largely Facebook organised movement Jæja was organised by a Pirate Sara Oscarson. Jæja made no connections to itself and the Pirates and is something that Pirates in other countries could look at – perhaps joining with other political entities to help create a neutral platform to engender a political climate more conducive to change.

The dip in support for the Pirates in the weeks leading up to the election I can very subjectively attribute to the following.

1. The fact that Helgi Hrafn was not running for office. He is very popular with the electorate.

2. A sustained attack campaign from the government parties – e.g. Connecting Sámri to terrorists showing a picture of him with a gun as he was being trained in self protection for humanitarian work in Afghanistan.

3. Sustained and effective trolling in their main FB group which means journalists reported it as the most bigoted political platform in Iceland – controlled in the last six months as open free speech was abandoned for rules of conduct.

4. An attempt by one wing of the party to take control of policy, which while legitimate, was not understood well by the public.

I am trying to set up a treasurer@ mail that we can use from now on for future accounts, especially the kraken account and replacing the paypal. I am considering just going ahead and using an a separate email for security sake. I also want to paste our bank balances to the wiki site.

Conversed with Thomas and Guillaume about server payments that we need to discuss further.

  • Koen:
  • Raymond:

Nothing to report

  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Informative part

5.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/346

Work is ongeoing to collect and update contacts.

Keith will recieve from Guillaume the current contact database maintained on the swiss CiviCRM

And Keith will match that list with our list of registered member and non-member pirate parties.

5.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

new server is almost finished to be set up, Thomas has access since yesterday

Fees are 27 euros a month for full service. Set up fees is 100 euros.

Mail server/mailing lists = 3*27€+100€, 181 euros for 2016 and 324 euros for 2017

Wordpress hub / wiki / redmine / other apps = 100€ +12*27€ for 2017, 424 euros

Per environment (mail // web) the annual operating cost is 748 euros/year

Consideration of the volunteer hours of Guillaume, Thomas, and others, which saved PPI a considerable amount of expense.

Thomas will provide the service management contract for documentation and archival purposes.

5.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/354

Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain

services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!

A follow-up is required.

This should include even the tech stuff.

Please help out!

<https://ppi.piratenpad.de/Standinglist-Access-to-Services>

Nothing new. The information from secret will have to be added. Ongoing.

5.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

Keith is working on a list and will send new spreadsheet.

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/355

Please see the spreadsheet and edit the number of representatives for countries that you know. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit#gid=495221319

  • Work is ongoing.

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Fees

And where is the other part?

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Decisons_of_GA

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XVI._Affiliation_Fees

Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.

Does the board agree that our treasurer, Keith, publishes the financial statements on the PPI wiki?

YES: Ray, Keith, Guillaume,Andrew

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

=== 5.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system ===

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356

  • I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges

In the process of setting up the kraken account. Waiting on a function mail "treasurer@pp-international.net", this should be made available as the mail platform is migrated away from Google.

Paypal account issues, Keith is locked out of the account again. Koen's email is set for the password reset, but Andrew originally provided Keith with access. Ray will contact Koen to check on it.

5.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/357

  • Identify the costs and incomes.
  • No new info about server costs
  • Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account

A draft provisional budget is now available here.https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit?usp=sharing

  • Please also look into:

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters

Online bank statements. Guillaume will look into it and give Keith access so he can paste the balance statements routinely online.

Keith will also post the new server costs for 2016 and 2017, as shown above.

Does the board agree to mandate Koen to file the 2015 financial statement as posted on the finance's of the PPI Wiki:

YES: Ray, Keith, Guillaume,Andrew

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Ray will liaise with Koen to ensure that this operation is completed.

5.7 Observer Member application from Pirate Lobby - France

The application will be processed by the general secretary for the next board meeting:

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/362

5.8 Other ongoing projects

Andrew was contacted by two Canadian academics who wish to conduct research on the movement. He will give contact details of board members who would be able to help on doing this research.

Bailey's project to get feedback, using that project as a pilot for starting a more serious quantitative feedback tool.

6 AOB - Any other business

In order to improve the visibility of the activites of the board edit a monthly status update.

First edition 30.11.2016. Editor: Guillaume Saouli

Does the board agree that the board of PPI edits a monthly status update and distribute it to its members?

YES: Ray, Keith, Guillaume,Andrew

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2016-12-11 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)

Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Saturday, 10 December 2016, 23:00:00 PST UTC-8 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 11 December 2016, 07:00:00

Meeting Closed: 00:00 CET / 00:00 GMT by 0