This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2017 01 23

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [23/01/2017 21:00]h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: ,Bailey, Ray, Keith, Koen, Guillaume
excused: Andrew
unexcused: Thomas

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
Bastian
PiratesOnAir

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:11 CET by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith, Guillaume
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started:
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CET by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2017-01-08

YES: Bailey, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved? Yes

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
Working on thce preparation of Ecosoc meeting in New York contacting different stakeholders to support our membership application.
Very busy fortnight because of the Windows 10 ruling by the Data Privacy Offier whereby Microsoft will provide two updates to their current version of Windows 10 version to enable privacy settings by default rather then the user having to do a cumbersome proces to switch these on.
The Federal Parliament's judicial committee has removed chapter 7 from the Gambling law project. Chapter 7 was attempting to impose a mandatory netblocking infrastructure. An intense lobbying campaign was done to achieve this
  • Bailey: Been working on gathering contact & social media info for all of the Pirate Parties, members and non-members, along with Ray & Keith. We are almost finished.
  • Andrew:
  • Keith: Met with Ray and Bailey to talk about the communication plan. We set up a spreadsheet that Ray will discuss. Sent follow ups about the transfer of funds from the Cashbox and the Luxembourg account. No response from Bastian or Sven and no transfer yet. Thomas replied that they are trying to find a lay auditor and working on it. I also want to ask about the Ecco sub application that I was supposed to transfer.
  • Koen: Gathering personal info for statute changes, organising small pirate lunch at FOSDEM
  • Raymond: See Keith comment and cases later in the meeting
  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - PPI - Member contact data - proposed plan

For discussion and sharing of responsibilities. This represents the combined work of Bailey, Keith and Ray.

We request everyone's help to input and confirm, send, reinput, and respond to emails in order to get updated contact information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aQicTNUKvdmjnTtjNdemXF2x1SCZ-Wda00iL_rqtNYM/edit

https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1d37WRrrYz8VvDoYM3tmUtDkYYFO1v7Qf9BnNvLxqtKo/edit?usp=sharing

A two stage approach to establish contact with all national entities: 1- send to as many in country contacts to expect an answer from that country's pirate party 2- proceed with the invoicing

YES: Bailey, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed

6- PPI on Twitter - a way forward

For discussion and decisions as to whether or not to move ahead with the proposal(s). Document is attached and is UPDATED today.

I will, if permitted, inform the board about my thoughts and welcome feedback. It may be too early for decisions but I would to get the ball rolling.

The main part of the proposal is as follows: Select, establish & develop: a formal/official/professional channel for PPI on Twitter and identify who should write content and be allowed to actually publish that content. (Tweet, RT, Share, Reply, Like, PM, Profile content, Follows)

Differentiate: Make sure that our channels have room for both the Political Pirate and the Pirate Activist while we establish a clear difference between the two.

As a result ---------> "We change the User Name of @PPinternational to @PPI_Activism, while we simultaneously create a new "corporate account" taking the User Name @PPinternational from the old one We then inform every Admin on the old account about the change. We then immediately start following all member & non member parties from the new account making full use of the Lists function in Twitter. Members, non-members, dormant, etc etc. We inform everyone on the homepage, twitter and FB of the changes. The new account becomes a purer and clearer channel of communication with Pirate Parties around the globe."

You have it on email to board@pp-int...

YES: Bailey, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Koen
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed

6 AOB - Any other business

Mail server:

Guillaume will contact Thomas to touch base on the project and advise, and find volunteers to manage the mail server, as well as the majordomo list server.

Financial Update:

We will meet online on Wire with Bastian on Monday or Tuesday to open the cashbox.

===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-02-05 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT) Meeting Closed: 22:11 CET (21:11 UTC)