This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2017 04 09

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [09/04/2017 14:00]h CEST ---
London (United Kingdom - England) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 13:00:00 BST UTC+1 hr
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 14:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 21:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 05:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 09:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 15:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 17:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
New York (USA - New York) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 08:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
Jakarta (Indonesia - Jakarta Special Capital Region) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 19:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 09:00:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 19:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 10 April 2017, 00:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hrs
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 9 April 2017, 12:00:00
Mumble: mumble://mumble.piratenbrandenburg.org/
Room: "/international/ppi-board"
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/wLnFWyXpLK5GnhM

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Bailey, Keith, Guilaume, Koen
excused: Raymond
unexcused: Andrew
Raymonds votes are transferred to Keith

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
Bastian
Piratenradio

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:19 CEST by Thomas
Meeting chaired by Thomas
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started:
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with 4 out of 7 board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting

YES: Bailey, Guillaume, Thomas, Keith

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved?

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Huge workload related to elections. Serious issues in the election, we have been witnessed a huge increase in violence. A totem (kay balls stacked together) composed ransacked. These events have consumed most of my time over the past 2 weeks.

Answer to a journalist inquiry pertaining to the global presence of the pirate party, with Agathe Rigo of the 8e étage newspaper.

There is this article making mention of a pirate memberhip: https://www.letemps.ch/sciences/2017/04/07/laboratoire-fake-science

  • Bailey: My work schedule has been insane the last few weeks so I have not been much help at all and I am sorry for that. But I have more free time between now and the GA and will be able to contribute more.
  • Andrew:
  • Keith: Wrote a couple messages to Gregory Engels about Triodos, wrote with Koen about all the finances, Pirate Times article, Non-member contact updates, worked on ECOSOC=corresponded with Richard Hill about it, fun correspondence with our skeptics on ppleaders, hoping for some optimists to start coming out of the woodwork. Corresponded with Michal Stoinski from PP DE, and investigated erdegeryders about RECODE but no response, attempted to contact with PP Kazakhstan
  • Koen: Informal meeting with Keith, PPBE stuff, need copies of ID-cards/passports. Currently in airport terminal on 4G, boarding 14:55
  • Raymond:
  • Thomas: nothing of importance to report
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:

Discussion from updates:

Eric Kierkegard, a member of the Danish Pirate Party, who is no longer a member. Did the Danish PP kick him out or was he the reason for their liquidation. Our only knowledge was that the party was liquidated on a whole.

Koen emphasizes that all ID cards, passports are needed, to get the registration done. He only has Andrews

  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Business

2) Financial Updates

Minimum Budget contingency 2016

- Paypal payments

- Belgium reporting (Koen?)

Was it submitted? Do we have any receipts for this? Are we reporting the 2015 and 2016 membership dues as part of the Belgian reporting? Are these funds then being donated from PPI HQ Belgium to PPI HQ Switzerland?

- Receipts for server, reporting, and anything else

Have we transferred servers, and are there receipts?

- Update on invoices and payments

Have we received any payments or feedback?
Russia said they paid, should Keith follow up or leave it until after the GA?

Koen needs to check, because it locked me out again from the Paypal

- Brainstorming session on crowdfunding

Can we arrange a date and subgroup meeting?

-350 euros from prior cashbox balance.

-Triodos mail to Gregory and co.

We have tried on several occassions to access the bank account, but the account was flagged as fraud. There were 3 account holders, and one from Sweden can no longer be contacted.

- Swiss account access

Four people are registered on the account

Marie France, Treasurer of the Swiss PP from Basel,

The account needs to be audited accord

Keith will request from Guillaume about the balance sheet of the account

- Registration in Switzerland

After the Swiss elections, they will take care of it.

3) GA Update

- Delegate responses

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/161

- Follow up mails

Bailey and we all will start sending out individualized emails to PPs to get them to send delegates for the GA.

Do we have any alternative email groups?

There was no response from the leaders@ email, and I can confirm that the mail that I sent was not received by others besides myself who previously received these emails.

- Plan for the meeting

doing it. It is a meeting. Nothing else. Experience is given.

No need for a special committee for the current GA. We will be able to stick to the prepared agenda. Guillaume proposes to chair the GA. Thomas also volunteers.

The final deadline for registering delegates is last minute. Wishful thinking is a week in advance.

last minute meeting for prepping: 21.04.2017 20:00 CEST

People (delegates) need to be documented on Redmine so that they will be able to submit their votes.

Can we have access to a North American mumble server for the GA backup, Bailey is going to look into it.

4) Member Contact Project

- Member contact: Follow up with social media contact for those members that did not respond

aka twitter, facebook, you name it.

We should do follow up with those members who did not respond yet.

- Nonmember contact; Inviting them to listen in on the GA, setting up a template email

no prob, we go ahead.

They are all invited.

-Shall we share our members list with pirate times api, and link this to our wiki/website?

http://api.piratetimes.net/

We should check that the information that we are sharing is public information, so facebook and websites yes, but certain emails, phones, and addresses no.

We will send websites, facebook, and twitter.

5) Support the ECOSOC membership application process (New)

G. is on it.
Keith received the full application and wants to send an update for Question 5b and fill out additional questionnaires on our behalf.

We will set up a pirate pad with the answers that we gave and want to give, and then we can discuss in the next meeting if we will agree to submit those answers.

6) Updating Decisions of the GA Wiki (New)

ongoing. Sorry for having no time for it atm.

http://piratetimes.net/the-general-assembly-2016-of-pirate-parties-international/

These are our lay auditors, what is their task. Do we have tasks for them, such as collaborating the dues and payments? Keith updated the cashier names and the updated finance information on our wiki finances page.

Lay auditors:

Mikulas Peksa / PP-CZ

Frantisek Navrkal / PP-CZ

Harry Hensler / Pirate without Borders

We have a former lay auditor present.

Lay auditors need to collect every quarter a report, which outlines if everything is correct.

-also the calendar does not list all of the future board meetings: https://pp-international.net/calendar/

Oh yes, the calender will be changed the time the server will change. major update for simplifying it.

7) Revision of the Rules of Procedures

Necessary? This is an open redmine task? Can we close it?

It is closed now.

8) Observer Membership application - France - Pirate Lobby

Resolved?

to be presented at online GA, like the Piratenpartei Potsdam

PP Democratic Australia cannot be considered, because the request came too late.

9) IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

To be solved, Thomas is on the way to ask for help. Pursuading those who said no after the the last disaster.

Thomas is requesting qualified assistance. This does not need to be done by the board, it should be done by a tech team.

11) Access inventory

ongoing.

Does the board agree that we will shut down any services that we cannot maintain, and then reopen the services?

Passed

- Providing services for members and offering for non-members

Still provided, to be amended the time the servers are upgraded and up to date.

6 AOB - Any other business

  • Pirate Times Article:

Keith; I will be happy to assist editing or translating, whatever for the article.

---Who wrote this? Probably someone from PP France. It is up to him whether to respond, not necessary.

Please excuse or correct the mistakes of my bad english writting :

We fail to promote liquid democratie, in fact none of us use liquid democratie and a large majorty of us (including PPI) promote electronic/online vote.

We fail to defend free software. Deutch pirate party only observe Munich resign to use linux and french pirate party don't care much about french gouvernement signing a partnership beetwen national education and microsoft.

I don't read a word about the case of Lagacé on Canada pirate party or PPI, and the only news i get from Switzerland is the approval of intelligence act.

In jun, french pirate party will obtain the exact same score than the netherlands pirate party in march. That all we deserve and that all i have to say.

The Swiss PP has advocated the use of open source and accomplished a bit, but not all parties have the same clout and abilities. There is a huge barrier in regards to the use of open source software. Open source becomes a lot less open by being outsourced. Power brokers make deals to reclaim clients. There is a risk ownership problem, and few people want to take the risk to put their neck on the line. Guillaume will add to the minutes the talk they had on Swiss national radio.

===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-04-24 21:00 CEST (19:00 CET)

London (United Kingdom - England) Monday, 24 April 2017, 20:00:00 BST UTC+1 hr
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24 April 2017, 21:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
Tokyo (Japan) Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 04:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 24 April 2017, 12:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24 April 2017, 16:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 24 April 2017, 22:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 00:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
New York (USA - New York) Monday, 24 April 2017, 15:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
Jakarta (Indonesia - Jakarta Special Capital Region) Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 02:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 24 April 2017, 16:00:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
Hanoi (Vietnam) Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 02:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25 April 2017, 07:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hrs
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24 April 2017, 19:00:00

Meeting Closed: 15:24 CEST (13:24 UTC)