|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2017 08 06
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-08-06, 08:00 CEST
- London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 07:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Saturday, 5 August 2017, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA - New York) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 02:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 18:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 06:00:00
- --- [00/00/2017 08/14/21:00]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording:
- 1 Record of the meeting
- 2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 4 3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
- 5 4 - REPORTS
- 6 5 - Proposal No. 1
- 6.1 5.1 Financial news
- 6.2 5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)
- 6.3 5.3 Membership database
- 6.4 5.4 Crowdfunding
- 6.5 5.5 Pirate Awards
- 6.6 5.6 Think Twice Conference
- 6.7 5.7 Social media updates
- 6.8 5.8 Video Campaign
- 6.9 5.9 Monthly outreach meeting
- 6.10 5.10 Server update
- 6.11 5.11 Statutes revision
- 6.12 5.12 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools
- 6.13 5.13 Podcasts
- 6.14 5.14 Internet Party
- 6.15 5.15 Pursuance Project
- 7 5.16 ECOSOC Membership
- 8 6 AOB - Any other business
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Bailey, Keith, Ray, Guillaume
- excused: Thomas
- unexcused:Koen; Nicolay
- Thomas and Raymond's votes go to Bailey
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 08:04 CEST by Guillaume
- Meeting chaired by Guillaume
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 08:04
- Postal votes: 0
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting : http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_08_21
YES: Bailey, Thomas, Keith,Ray, Guillaume
Minutes approved? YES
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: PPI having been granted consultative status with ECOSOC, there was some work done, such as a meeting in Geneva and a press editorial. This will be published in the next 3 weeks. Switzerland had a victory in the Supreme Court regarding the transparency of local government decisions.
- Bailey: Please fill out the poll for the International Coordination meeting if you haven't already :) https://beta.doodle.com/poll/kfx7kk3qmbq45w5g#table I'm going to close it Monday morning.
- Keith: Working on TT3, writing to everyone, wrote a Pirate Times article that is awaiting publication. Still working on CF, and I will discuss this later.
- Raymond: Working on the social media, focusing on Pursuance and numerous other media appearances (assists). I sent a proposal for the board to vote on an endorsement for the Internet Party.
- Thomas: Thomas has been away working on the summer camp that is organized by Gregory and others.
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 - Proposal No. 1
- PP-NZ is pleased to be making this endorsement? Is PP-NZ in their corner? Do we have feedback. The PP-NZ is split down the middle, with part of the party supporting an integration of the two groups. The other part is skeptical to the party.
"Pirate Parties International supports the 2017 election campaign of Internet Party New Zealand and endorse their efforts #AntiSpyBill event. We look forward to forging a close working relationship in the coming weeks."
- Proposal: "Pirate Parties International supports the #AntiSpyBill work of the Internet Party of New Zealand. We also wish them the best of luck with their 2017 election campaign. We look forward to forging a closer relationship with them in the coming weeks."
- YES:Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Guillaume, Ray
- Motion passed
5.1 Financial news
- PayPal- Guillaume said that he was setting us up with a PayPal plus account. Is there an update on that?
- Payments- There have been no requests for payments.
- Been trying to set up the CF campaign and having problems.
- Guillaume will set up the Paypal.
- Wemakeit.com was used by Switzerland in the past. This did not have any requirement other than being with the bank that you claim to be, and that you have a credit card that is linked. :Giveandgain is the other platform.
- Is it a problem to get personal identification from someone? It should not be. Once the Paypal is set up with a credit card, we can proceed with the creation of a Gofundme. However, :Giveandgain does not have these same national restrictions whereby the identity of the registrant must be identical with the country.
5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)
- http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017 changed accordingly
- The current possibilities for the GA are Geneva and Romania. Geneva would have higher costs. We will send an email to Romania and any other countries to reconfirm their offer to host the 2017 GA. We will vote on it in one week on Redmine. There is a backup plan to host it in Geneva.
The board supports this plan.
5.3 Membership database
- We will discuss this at the next meeting. No major developments.
- We will expedite the Paypal and necessary registrations. It will be finished this week.
5.5 Pirate Awards
August 12th we will resume this project.
5.6 Think Twice Conference
- We are waiting on Koen to set up the form, so we can set up the sign up directly.
- Now is the time to distribute the call for speakers and participants to everyone. We will have a full SoMe campaign, and also we should send individual mails to potential speakers.
5.7 Social media updates
- Will update at next meeting
5.8 Video Campaign
- Will update at next meeting. We will be updating this soon, as we need a video for the CF campaign.
5.9 Monthly outreach meeting
The Doodle is out, and we are waiting for the result of the poll on Monday.
5.10 Server update
- We have not heard back from Cedrick and Bastian, but we cannot continue with the current scenario of using Google as we have had mail distribution problems. Guillaume will determine how we can reemphasize the urgency of this matter to make progress.
5.11 Statutes revision
- We haven't made any progress. We will look at this again next time.
5.12 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools
- We also have to work more on this. Guillaume will work on the text. He will share a link of a pad.
- Postponed to next meeting.
5.14 Internet Party
- Addressed at the beginning of the meeting, see 5.1.
5.15 Pursuance Project
- There was a lot of activity over the past couple weeks, and there was encouraging use of their platform. We look forward to collaboration with their project.
- Now would be a good time to advance with TT3 advertisements on Pursuance, looking for speakers and getting attention for the event.
5.16 ECOSOC Membership
- ECOSOC officially accepted our application for consultive status.
- We had a special separate meeting where we discussed tasks that need to be completed.
- Next meeting ECOSOC will be at the top of our minutes.
- ECOSOC is going to be our primary project until the end of the year, and we are going to need more people to pitch in from outside the board.
- We will work a bit more on the draft document that we created, and then we will put together a project plan.
- ECOSOC information will be translated from the newspaper article that Guillaume wrote.
- There are some grants, such as the UNDEF grant, which is due mid-November. We will not have time to let a physical GA decide on whether to begin this project, so we will utilize the online voting systems and online democracy aparati to pursue this.
6 AOB - Any other business
Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-08-21 14:00 CEST
Meeting Closed: 9:11 CEST