This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2017 08 06

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-08-06, 08:00 CEST

London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 07:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada) Saturday, 5 August 2017, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
New York (USA - New York) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 02:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 18:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 06:00:00
--- [00/00/2017 08/14/21:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Keith, Ray, Guillaume
excused: Thomas
unexcused:Koen; Nicolay
  • Thomas and Raymond's votes go to Bailey

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:04 CEST by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 08:04
Postal votes: 0
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting : http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_08_21

YES: Bailey, Thomas, Keith,Ray, Guillaume

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved? YES

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: PPI having been granted consultative status with ECOSOC, there was some work done, such as a meeting in Geneva and a press editorial. This will be published in the next 3 weeks. Switzerland had a victory in the Supreme Court regarding the transparency of local government decisions.
  • Keith: Working on TT3, writing to everyone, wrote a Pirate Times article that is awaiting publication. Still working on CF, and I will discuss this later.
  • Koen:
  • Nikolay:
  • Raymond: Working on the social media, focusing on Pursuance and numerous other media appearances (assists). I sent a proposal for the board to vote on an endorsement for the Internet Party.
  • Thomas: Thomas has been away working on the summer camp that is organized by Gregory and others.
  • Alternates:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

PP-NZ is pleased to be making this endorsement? Is PP-NZ in their corner? Do we have feedback. The PP-NZ is split down the middle, with part of the party supporting an integration of the two groups. The other part is skeptical to the party.

Original bill:

"Pirate Parties International supports the 2017 election campaign of Internet Party New Zealand and endorse their efforts #AntiSpyBill event. We look forward to forging a close working relationship in the coming weeks."

Revised bill:

  • Proposal: "Pirate Parties International supports the #AntiSpyBill work of the Internet Party of New Zealand. We also wish them the best of luck with their 2017 election campaign. We look forward to forging a closer relationship with them in the coming weeks."
YES:Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Guillaume, Ray
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed

5.1 Financial news

PayPal- Guillaume said that he was setting us up with a PayPal plus account. Is there an update on that?
Payments- There have been no requests for payments.
Been trying to set up the CF campaign and having problems.
Guillaume will set up the Paypal.
Wemakeit.com was used by Switzerland in the past. This did not have any requirement other than being with the bank that you claim to be, and that you have a credit card that is linked. :Giveandgain is the other platform.
Is it a problem to get personal identification from someone? It should not be. Once the Paypal is set up with a credit card, we can proceed with the creation of a Gofundme. However, :Giveandgain does not have these same national restrictions whereby the identity of the registrant must be identical with the country.

5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)

http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017 changed accordingly
The current possibilities for the GA are Geneva and Romania. Geneva would have higher costs. We will send an email to Romania and any other countries to reconfirm their offer to host the 2017 GA. We will vote on it in one week on Redmine. There is a backup plan to host it in Geneva.

The board supports this plan.

5.3 Membership database

We will discuss this at the next meeting. No major developments.

5.4 Crowdfunding

We will expedite the Paypal and necessary registrations. It will be finished this week.

5.5 Pirate Awards

August 12th we will resume this project.

5.6 Think Twice Conference

We are waiting on Koen to set up the form, so we can set up the sign up directly.
Now is the time to distribute the call for speakers and participants to everyone. We will have a full SoMe campaign, and also we should send individual mails to potential speakers.

https://pp-international.net/tt3/

5.7 Social media updates

Will update at next meeting

5.8 Video Campaign

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/377
Will update at next meeting. We will be updating this soon, as we need a video for the CF campaign.

5.9 Monthly outreach meeting

The Doodle is out, and we are waiting for the result of the poll on Monday.

5.10 Server update

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/375
We have not heard back from Cedrick and Bastian, but we cannot continue with the current scenario of using Google as we have had mail distribution problems. Guillaume will determine how we can reemphasize the urgency of this matter to make progress.

5.11 Statutes revision

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/168
https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/376
We haven't made any progress. We will look at this again next time.

5.12 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/380
We also have to work more on this. Guillaume will work on the text. He will share a link of a pad.

5.13 Podcasts

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/378
Postponed to next meeting.

5.14 Internet Party

Addressed at the beginning of the meeting, see 5.1.

5.15 Pursuance Project

There was a lot of activity over the past couple weeks, and there was encouraging use of their platform. We look forward to collaboration with their project.
Now would be a good time to advance with TT3 advertisements on Pursuance, looking for speakers and getting attention for the event.

5.16 ECOSOC Membership

ECOSOC officially accepted our application for consultive status.
We had a special separate meeting where we discussed tasks that need to be completed.
Next meeting ECOSOC will be at the top of our minutes.
ECOSOC is going to be our primary project until the end of the year, and we are going to need more people to pitch in from outside the board.
We will work a bit more on the draft document that we created, and then we will put together a project plan.
ECOSOC information will be translated from the newspaper article that Guillaume wrote.
There are some grants, such as the UNDEF grant, which is due mid-November. We will not have time to let a physical GA decide on whether to begin this project, so we will utilize the online voting systems and online democracy aparati to pursue this.

6 AOB - Any other business

===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-08-21 14:00 CEST

Meeting Closed: 9:11 CEST