PPI Conference 2017 - General Assembly by Video: Saturday, November 25th and Sunday, November 26th, 2017 - Details follow - PPI_Conference_2017
Board meeting Monday, 23. October 2017 21:00 CEST - Draft Agenda Videotool, just log in: https://zoom.us/j/621248460

PPI Minutes 2017 08 21

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [21/08/2017 14:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: 14:05 CEST - https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/EYFyUW4OfNtJsCD

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Ray, Koen, Bailey, Keith
excused: Guillaume, Nikolay
unexcused: -

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
@PiratesOnAir (Streaming)
Bastian (temp.)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:05 CEST by Thomas
Meeting chaired by Thomas
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 14:05 CEST - https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/EYFyUW4OfNtJsCD
Postal votes:
Guillaumes votes go to Bailey,
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_08_06

YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Koen, Keith

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved unaninimously

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
excused
  • Bailey: Membership meeting is on Sunday, August 27th at 4pm CEST.
  • Keith: Had a meeting with Thomas about TT funding. Coordinated with my local peeps.
  • Koen: PPBE BBQ was fun.
  • Nikolay:
excused
  • Raymond:
Nothing to report this time. Only here to vote. (Under the weather.) Also see point 5.13 Internet Party
  • Thomas:
Nothing to report
  • Alternates:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

5.1 Financial news

CF has been moved to the main financial section.

General CF campaign was revised today with edits from Bailey www.gofundme.com/piratepartiesinternational

I made a symbolic 5 chf donation to the fund to get it started. I discovered that 5 chf is the smallest amount allowed on gofundme. Please join me.

TT3 CF campaign is up there and requires more revisions and promotion

https://www.gofundme.com/2018-think-twice-three-conference

Have not received any updates on our account balance. PPCZ was supposed to have paid, as France, Italy, and others. Have those payments been made?

5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)

http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017

Geneva and Romania were options, and there was talk of Holland but no correspondence.

Was there any response? We should confirm to enable the meeting to take place this year.

Thomas contacted Romania, but he has not received a response. Thomas will send another mail, letting them know that they will need to get back to us soon.

We could discuss with Switzerland.

5.3 Membership database

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/372

I sent the spreadsheet to Joseph Collentine, so he could update the API.
Awaiting updates from Kitty on our own new system.

Ray: I will get a "report "to the board within a couple of days about the dev of a database with Kitty.

5.4 Pirate Awards

We will set up a meeting soon. For now we do not have any updates.

5.5 Think Twice Conference

Pirate Times article has gone up since our last meeting, http://piratetimes.net/think-twice-three-a-conference-for-online-freedom-and-global-cooperation/
Koen is there any update on the website? What can we do to expedite building a website for the conference. We need to update with travel information, etc. It would be great if we could have the form for the conference and payment link on our own website.
There is a development with our server in Switzerland, and once that server is updated we will be able to build our own site there. The prior websites have all been shut down for security reasons.
There is a mailing list for information sign up that I made, http://eepurl.com/cYtq0z
I sent mails to several academics and contacts only to discover that the website is not working, any progress on that? https://pp-international.net/tt3/
Please advertise the event, especially for speakers, and sign up yourselves!
We translated the event announcement to Hebrew and are working on the Arabic version.
We made a list of initial contacts for domestic speakers and began contacting them.

Ray: Every day 8-9 tweets goes automatically through our two accounts. Should I suspend while the forms gets ressolved? I will edit the tweets based on our Wordpress being down after hearing feedback from Keith.

In the meantime, don't suspend the tweets, just link them to the Gofundme and the piratetimes links.

Please nominate people to speak or volunteer yourselves. Have them contact us: tt3@piratim.org

5.6 Social media updates

There are several auto-tweets going out right now about TT, and that is about all now.

5.7 Video Campaign

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/37

I would like us to arrange a meeting to record together a video for the CF campaign. When could we have that meeting? I will send an email about it.
Besides this, we should start recording routine videos.
Can we outsource people to make activism videos?

We have many people who can speak in front of a camera, but we just need people/volunteers who can assist with the framework and editing. If you know of people, they don't need to be pirates, but people who would like to volunteer for this project.

5.8 Monthly outreach meeting

https://pp-international.net/monthly-meetings-for-international-coordination-and-activism/

Bailey wrote that the meeting will be on Sunday August 27th at 16:00 CEST. We will be talking about the elections in Norway and Germany. People will bring ideas for social media support. Hopefully everyone will be there, and please spread the word.

5.9 Server update

There had been some slight misunderstand while giving access to AG Technik BB. On short term notice there shall be a meeting a drois betweent AG Technik/Thomas and Cedric to solve it.
redmine is not available atm
Website was down and now has a security warning.
NRW as host was informed but we have no feedback, page will be transferred a.s.a.p.
The website will be switched.

5.10 Statutes revision

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/168

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/376

Most of the work has been done. We just need to prepare a final draft to present to the world. We should develop a meeting internally, Keith and Thomas? prior to doing the full meeting, which we can do about a month before the GA.

5.11 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

This is Guillaume's task. It is work to be done.

5.12 Podcasts

Postponed.

5.13 Internet Party

Was our support message received?
It was recieved and shared heavily during and after event #1.
Have we received their official membership application?
They will get it this evening CEST time. In Pursuance with Thomas, Bailey and Ray. They where invited by email last week, but we decided to wait until after their event yesterday.
They played Bailey's video message yesterday.

Bailey was headlined at event #2 before introduction of whistleblower John Kiriakou, the guest that was secured by PPI.

They are going to get their membership application. All of the preparation work for them to become members

Our discussion is with the Internet Party of New Zealand initially. However, we will progress with other Internet parties that are cropping up in the US and EU. Our goal is to harvest the forward momentum that is coming with the Internet Party NZ election campaign and anti-spy bill.

5.14 Pursuance Project

Nothing particular to report from the last two weeks.
Can we share the TT3 announcement with them on Pursuance?

It is an interesting place to share, but the activity is a bit low recently. Yes, Keith will discuss it further with Ray.

5.15 ECOSOC Membership

Will be discussed further at the next meeting.

6 AOB - Any other business

  • Pirate Research, I need to send you all a pilot proposal. Keith will send an email with information about a professional research questionnaire that we will conduct. We can use this to platform for a research grant.
===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-09-03 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC)

Meeting Closed: 14:36 CEST (12:36 UTC)