|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2017 08 21
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [21/08/2017 14:00]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: 14:05 CEST - https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/EYFyUW4OfNtJsCD
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Ray, Koen, Bailey, Keith
- excused: Guillaume, Nikolay
- unexcused: -
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- @PiratesOnAir (Streaming)
- Bastian (temp.)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 14:05 CEST by Thomas
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 14:05 CEST - https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/EYFyUW4OfNtJsCD
- Postal votes:
- Guillaumes votes go to Bailey,
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_08_06
YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Koen, Keith
Minutes approved unaninimously
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Bailey: Membership meeting is on Sunday, August 27th at 4pm CEST.
- Keith: Had a meeting with Thomas about TT funding. Coordinated with my local peeps.
- Koen: PPBE BBQ was fun.
- Nothing to report this time. Only here to vote. (Under the weather.) Also see point 5.13 Internet Party
- Nothing to report
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 - Proposal No. 1
5.1 Financial news
CF has been moved to the main financial section.
- General CF campaign was revised today with edits from Bailey www.gofundme.com/piratepartiesinternational
I made a symbolic 5 chf donation to the fund to get it started. I discovered that 5 chf is the smallest amount allowed on gofundme. Please join me.
- TT3 CF campaign is up there and requires more revisions and promotion
- Have not received any updates on our account balance. PPCZ was supposed to have paid, as France, Italy, and others. Have those payments been made?
5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)
- Geneva and Romania were options, and there was talk of Holland but no correspondence.
Was there any response? We should confirm to enable the meeting to take place this year.
Thomas contacted Romania, but he has not received a response. Thomas will send another mail, letting them know that they will need to get back to us soon.
We could discuss with Switzerland.
5.3 Membership database
- I sent the spreadsheet to Joseph Collentine, so he could update the API.
- Awaiting updates from Kitty on our own new system.
Ray: I will get a "report "to the board within a couple of days about the dev of a database with Kitty.
5.4 Pirate Awards
- We will set up a meeting soon. For now we do not have any updates.
5.5 Think Twice Conference
- Pirate Times article has gone up since our last meeting, http://piratetimes.net/think-twice-three-a-conference-for-online-freedom-and-global-cooperation/
- Koen is there any update on the website? What can we do to expedite building a website for the conference. We need to update with travel information, etc. It would be great if we could have the form for the conference and payment link on our own website.
- There is a development with our server in Switzerland, and once that server is updated we will be able to build our own site there. The prior websites have all been shut down for security reasons.
- There is a mailing list for information sign up that I made, http://eepurl.com/cYtq0z
- I sent mails to several academics and contacts only to discover that the website is not working, any progress on that? https://pp-international.net/tt3/
- Please advertise the event, especially for speakers, and sign up yourselves!
- We translated the event announcement to Hebrew and are working on the Arabic version.
- We made a list of initial contacts for domestic speakers and began contacting them.
Ray: Every day 8-9 tweets goes automatically through our two accounts. Should I suspend while the forms gets ressolved? I will edit the tweets based on our Wordpress being down after hearing feedback from Keith.
In the meantime, don't suspend the tweets, just link them to the Gofundme and the piratetimes links.
- Please nominate people to speak or volunteer yourselves. Have them contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.6 Social media updates
- There are several auto-tweets going out right now about TT, and that is about all now.
5.7 Video Campaign
- I would like us to arrange a meeting to record together a video for the CF campaign. When could we have that meeting? I will send an email about it.
- Besides this, we should start recording routine videos.
- Can we outsource people to make activism videos?
We have many people who can speak in front of a camera, but we just need people/volunteers who can assist with the framework and editing. If you know of people, they don't need to be pirates, but people who would like to volunteer for this project.
5.8 Monthly outreach meeting
Bailey wrote that the meeting will be on Sunday August 27th at 16:00 CEST. We will be talking about the elections in Norway and Germany. People will bring ideas for social media support. Hopefully everyone will be there, and please spread the word.
5.9 Server update
- There had been some slight misunderstand while giving access to AG Technik BB. On short term notice there shall be a meeting a drois betweent AG Technik/Thomas and Cedric to solve it.
- redmine is not available atm
- Website was down and now has a security warning.
- NRW as host was informed but we have no feedback, page will be transferred a.s.a.p.
- The website will be switched.
5.10 Statutes revision
- Most of the work has been done. We just need to prepare a final draft to present to the world. We should develop a meeting internally, Keith and Thomas? prior to doing the full meeting, which we can do about a month before the GA.
5.11 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools
- This is Guillaume's task. It is work to be done.
5.13 Internet Party
- Was our support message received?
- It was recieved and shared heavily during and after event #1.
- Have we received their official membership application?
- They will get it this evening CEST time. In Pursuance with Thomas, Bailey and Ray. They where invited by email last week, but we decided to wait until after their event yesterday.
- They played Bailey's video message yesterday.
Bailey was headlined at event #2 before introduction of whistleblower John Kiriakou, the guest that was secured by PPI.
They are going to get their membership application. All of the preparation work for them to become members
Our discussion is with the Internet Party of New Zealand initially. However, we will progress with other Internet parties that are cropping up in the US and EU. Our goal is to harvest the forward momentum that is coming with the Internet Party NZ election campaign and anti-spy bill.
5.14 Pursuance Project
- Nothing particular to report from the last two weeks.
- Can we share the TT3 announcement with them on Pursuance?
It is an interesting place to share, but the activity is a bit low recently. Yes, Keith will discuss it further with Ray.
5.15 ECOSOC Membership
- Will be discussed further at the next meeting.
6 AOB - Any other business
- Pirate Research, I need to send you all a pilot proposal. Keith will send an email with information about a professional research questionnaire that we will conduct. We can use this to platform for a research grant.
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-09-03 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC)
Meeting Closed: 14:36 CEST (12:36 UTC)