This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2017 09 03

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [03/09/2017 21:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/6YheYrn0eYSfQWs

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray, Keith, Bailey
excused: Guillaume, Thomas
unexcused: Koen, Nikolay

Guillaume's vote was given to Bailey

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating: Bastian, Pirate Radio
Bastian
@PiratesOnAir (streaming)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:15 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started:
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting

http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_08_21

YES: Keith, Ray, Bailey, Guillaume

NO:

ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved? Yes, unaninomously

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
  • Bailey: membership meeting, we will consider changing the times, election discussion and social media support
  • Keith: video meeting, members meeting, research, financing, tt3, the usual
  • Koen:
  • Nikolay:
  • Raymond: Ongoing. Last two weeks has seen little to no progress on social media. I am still struggling to find "content providers". Election coming up in Norway in 6 days, on Sept. 11th.
  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5.1 Financial news

Crowdfunding donations received, 85 CHF

Belarus and Italy paid dues

We have 2,071 CHF in the bank and 388 euros in our Paypal (minus perhaps recent transactions)

Keith will be consolidating the TT3 and the PPI CF into one. My thinking is just that we should direct everyone to one sight. Please share this with others: https://www.gofundme.com/piratepartiesinternational

5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)

Has anyone heard about the GA? Has Romania, Holland, or anyone responded?

Recommendation to have the next physical GA with the TT3 and making the upcoming GA online.

Concern about having the GA in Israel with activists who have been on Israel ops.

We need to make a decision, as people are waiting for the GA.

We do need to have a meeting to decide this, an informal meeting over the upcoming weekend.

Keith will send an email about it. Ray will follow up with each member individually.

5.3 Membership database

The membership database in and ongoing project, coded by Kitty Hundal, the following is a report from her.

The Interface consists of

Registration Page

Admin Page (to verify/approve)

Member Page (create a record)

The Admin Page and Member Pages are done

Screenshots are not available at this time because I'm in process of creating the country/state segment using JSON and JQuery which will be a separate component. So they can't run until this is completed.

Once this is completed the backend will need to be done:

Save to DB (partly done but needs thorough testing and verification that it's working properly)

Send email (will use a module I wrote a long time ago but it will need to integrated into this solution.

Project will resume mid-October.

The Google spreadsheet has been continued to be updated with new parties and updates on websites, social media contact, and emails.

5.4 Pirate Awards

Ongoing

5.5 Think Twice Conference

Looking for speakers.

Discussed TT3 briefly at the members meeting.

Combining TT3 and the GA.

Making the next GA online and having the next physical GA at TT3.

5.6 Social media updates

Ongoing

5.7 Video Campaign

We just had a meeting about making videos:

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/videomeeting

We are going to network with Pirate Parties and individuals who will assist in creating graphics and also will request from the parties to receive copies of videos and media that they have created that we can blend together into our own video.

5.8 Monthly outreach meeting

We had a meeting last week. These are the minutes:

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/coordinatorsaug27

Timing is always going to be an issue, which we are going to continue trying to improve.

People enjoy getting together and talking about activism and collaborating.

A poll will go out soon about another meeting in September.

5.9 Server update

  • by Bastian:
There had been some slight misunderstand while giving access to AG Technik BB.
We made a decision: AG Technik BB hired a new Server (Xeon Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5 32 GB RAM, 2x3 TB HDD) 1 GBit Internet connection. We to talk about the costs (100 EUR p.M.) later. : Maybe we can arrange a sponsor.
With the new sever we are building a VM-Host with 3 VMs to separate and secure services.
After finishing the main work every local Admin can easily:

a) manage new domains, e-mail domains und e-mail boxes

b) manage V-Servers for “customers” like other parties, or activist groups to provide individual webspace e.g. 500 MB including individual php, sql, and ftp credentials. The different systems are strictly isolated.

c) AG Technik will provide training sessions for local admins.

d) Every customer can install their own software, like mumble, Wordpress etc.

The benefit is, that no root-admin is needed, to setup main services, like Wordpress etc.. You can install the package as a privileged user.
Meanwhile we saved pp-international.de blog temporarily to https://pirate-parties.net. The back-ups (cron-job) are working fine. And we solved the severe SSL- and HTTPS-Problems, which blocks browsers.
We setup a test instance of shop software in the (new) blog. It works with full access, if we we get the commercial data and a PalPay-API-Code. The shop-problem can be solved now, we need a contractor and products.
Later on, all work can be transferred to other servers if so wished.
Now we need the credentials for DNS and pp-international.net domain.

Hosted on Godaddy perhaps. We need to get those credentials. Koen had been asked to obtain it.

Keith will send Bastian the Pay Pal API code. We need an idea for having a distributor for products. Geneva might be difficult for this, and we will discuss this further at the next meeting.

Do we have any update on receiving the credentials, DNS, from Godaddy? Koen had been asked about this. Keith will send an email about this. Ray will follow up with the members individually.

You can use "PPI.rocks" from now on.

5.10 Statutes revision

No updates. About a month before the GA we will have a meeting about it to make it presentable.

5.11 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

Postponed

5.12 Podcasts

Planning ongoing. No movement since last meeting.

5.13 Internet Party

Status: The Internet Party is now writing their membership application. Discussions about further cooperation before the GA is yet to be held. They are having an election soon.

5.14 Pursuance Project

Pursuance has formally annouced their relationship with PPI and launched their project. Pursuance is now a registered non profit in Texas. Since our last meeting I have acccepted a board seat with among others Birgitta Jonsdottir. Additionally they have given me a position among the core team, as International Coordinator.

Barret Brown's column, which is highly recommended:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gyynwm/barrett-brown-what-is-to-be-done

Ray will excuse himself from any decisions where there might be a conflict of interest, being on the board of both Pursuance and PPI.

Keith will be sending public messages in Pursuance about PPI videos, PPI research and TT3 on behalf of PPI. Perhaps we can sort the video discussion under the podcasts and radio subgroup channel.

5.15 ECOSOC Membership

We need to search for grants and projects that we can apply for through ECOSOC.

ECOSOC should be lifted higher on our priority list. We should move ECOSOC higher on our minutes for the next meeting.

Perhaps we need another meeting about ECOSOC, but we will have to wait to schedule it.

5.16 Pirate Research

Keith wrote the following proposal first draft:

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/174

We need some ideas about where we could send it.

We should direct our communication to specific people and not a general announcement.

6 AOB - Any other business

Non-member outreach

I would like to send mails to the non-members to see if we can bring them to some of the meetings to discuss getting them back into the movement.

I have considered writing a pirate times article that will express our will for solidarity and the difficulties of creating a multinational movement with a formal organization.

Make a pirate pad with the standardized email and article.

Suggestion to make a platform for crowdsourcing, as we need people who will do these activities required.

===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-09-18 08:00 CEST

Meeting Closed: 22:12 CEST