The next PPI Conference is in Paris, April 12th & 13th 2014

PPI Board Minutes 2011-04-26

From pp International
Revision as of 22:51, 27 April 2011 by ThomasG (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 26/04/2011 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

Part 1 [1] Part 2 [2] Part 3 [3] Part 4 [4]


1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Marcel, Pat, Samir, Paul
excused: Lola ( She will arrive one hour LATER. ), Thomas (out of power)
unexcused: Finlay(?)

1.2 - Others

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:13 CEST by Marcel
Meeting chaired by Marcel Kolaja
Secretary for this meeting is Samir Allioui
Quorum established with 4 of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: [/No]
Recording started: [Yes]
Postal votes: [No] No
Meeting closed at ??:?? CEST by

19:23 Thomas disconnected 19:25: Streaming and Recording is not live; Board is waiting for technical fix. 19:31: Start of the actual meeting postponed till 20:00 - Lola should be here by then, and she is able to start the stream and recordings. Only Thomas and Lola hold the priviliges. No other board members do.

20:02 Attendance check. Lola, Samir, Paul, Marcel Marcel suggests to start recording, an streaming. Quorum established. Thomas is not attending. Patrick is not attending.


3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

8:04

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-03-08

( Patrick now present in Voice server ) Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Agreed: YES: NO: ABSTENTIONS: Marcel, Samir, Paul, Patrick, Lola ( No public recording available )

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-03-28

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Agreed: YES: NO: ABSTENTIONS: Marcel, Samir Paul, Patrick, Lola ( No public recording available )

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-04-12

Agreed: YES: NO: ABSTENTIONS: Marcel, Samir,Paul, Patrick, Lola ( No public recording available )

4 - MAIN TOPICS

8:08

4.1 - PPI Conference - 2nd aftermath (proposed by Thomas)

A postponed point from the previous board meeting.

Proposal (Samir): A Full preliminary report send out after transfer with old board. ( Mostly transition data, bundled, handing it over "in person", not via mass push, preferably during contact data checkups ) B intermediary report send out after ratifcation at the next or following board meeting. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFKrofuHs6oRZG-IfJ5GH5YcNQ5DKXtKSSsVo2uXc_I/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIG3-b0M# C Management Plan ( Including proper organizational ( type and ) structure - One Month or 6 weeks. D Roadmap One Month or 6 weeks. E Financial Plan: 6 to 8 weeks. F: Privacy versus Transparency policy : 6 weeks. G: Scientific Institute Options : 2 Months. H: PPI Board Transition Protocol : Done one month before the next conference.


Points scraped, "First things First".


Voting on Point A: "Full Preliminary report", not needed. Full concencus among the board. Point B: Deadline: End of June : Concensus Put all SUB items of the document in redmine, and the entire project as well. ( Consensus )


4.2 - Action plan and work distribution (proposed by Thomas)

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Tasks will be distributed among the board members according to the business plan: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/26 (previous board) - current board: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/board-2011-business-distribution-plan

Item skipped, no one wants to defend it. ( 8:20 )

5 - REPORTS

8:21

5.1 - confirmation of the Slovenian Pirate Party (proposed by Marcel)

Samir will post all data when back in the Netherlands. Was not able to do it sooner due to easter. ( Post office closed )

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Report by Samir regarding creating a letter.

5.2 - Update of the meeting minutes from 2011/03/19 (proposed by Marcel)

Meeting minutes from 2011/03/28 say:

Marcel:

Postal votes "YES/NO" should be "NO" 
The proceedings were not discussed at all, so that should be mentioned in the minutes 
The break was at 18:47 not 18:42 ... 
The order of 3.4 (PPI aftermath) was not in the order of the actual discussion 

Pat: The minutes will be updated accordingly by me and Lola Agreed: YES: Samir, Paul, Pat, Thomas, Lola, Marcel NO: - ABSTENTIONS: - Motivation Samir: Voted yes due to mutations in this pad. ( Courtesy of Marcel )

Report by Lola.

Marcel suggests to put this item in Redmine. No objections; concensuss.

5.3 - Statutes change (proposed by Marcel)

( Put this in Redmine )

From the previous meeting minutes:

Report by Samir: Jakub (CZ) has updated the statutes and put them into the wiki I didn't have the proper material yet to check whether this is correct The current form is just plain text, we should format this again I will check that till next board meeting

Deadline set: Next week ( Monday ). No objections, concensuss. Delay due to PPI not having a CI, Font type, templates etc.

Report by Samir.

6 - Communication guidelines & informal talks OR writing

Put this in Redmine ( 8:25 )

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Paul is afraid of "Psycho profiling".

Vote: "Samir will do informal talks, or receive writings on communication guildeline details. Afterwards, samir will compile a report aimed at common groud, from there we wil continue work on creating a joint communication strategy."

NO: Paul. YES:Samir, Marcel, Patrick Abstain: Lola.

Motion failed.

7 - PPI rights definition

Put this in Redmine 8:32

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

( Virtual ) Revoke & Grant all rights, and create a list and review it.

Persons responsible: We will ask Thomas. Deadline: 2 weeks, at the next boardmeeting. ( This is a process ) Vote: " The board will do a full review and administration of all rights and privilliges for all IT infrastructure currently or in the future being used assets."

YES: MARCEL, Lola, Paul, Samir, Patrick No: Abstain:

Motion passed.

8 - Appointing a person responsible for IT infrastructure

8:41

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

a Setting up a CRM system. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_relationship_management )

Yes: Samir, Patrick, Marcel, Paul, Lola No: Abstain:

Motion Passed.

b Setting up a ERP system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning ( Can overlap, but does not have to overlap! )

Yes: Samir, Patrick, Paul, Marcel, Lola No: Abstain:

Motion passed.

Note: Using LDAP /all/ services can be interconnected, one login for /all/ PPI services. ( All can be setup in just 2 nights. )

Vote/Ballot: "Paul wil be the IT manager within the Board" Consensus, Ballot passed.

c additional admin needed for wiki: int.piratenpartei.de; wiki.pp-international.net

C is skipped, does not make sense now.


9 - Gmail Primary Administrator (proposed by Marcel)

8:51

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

Who should be the primary administrator? The current primary administrator account is thomas.gaul@pp-international.net. As far as I understand this is a contact e-mail address for service communications, including payment notifications, and any opt-in subscriptions.

Postponed until Thomas and Gregory can clarify.

Thomas got the primary function from Gregory. Ask Gregory for more details. Is the Swedish guy still paying ?

TASK WILL BE PUT IN REDMINE - CONSENSUS


10 - Mumble, VPS, mailinglist for PP-SI (proposed by Samir)

( Put this in Redmine ) 9:00

Postponed from the previous board meeting.

The PP-SI asked for this. According to Slovenian laws they can't export personal information out of the EU.

Additional questions/remarks:

  • What do you do for press cliping? Software? Keywords?
  • I heard at the conference there was a project that provided mailing lists (we're on google groups ATM). Could you point me to that? pirateweb.net?
  • If someone could, temporarily provide us with our own chatroom on a mumble server so we can start using it. That would be great.
  • -->Mumble channel had been created (mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de)
  • Any other software the pirate parties are using i should be aware of?

Operation pending.


(see your e-mails for details)

11 Minutes recordings on mypirates (proposed by Marcel)

The minutes recordings on mypirates require a login.

Proposal: The minute recordings are always public. The CAO is responsible for making the already uploaded recordings public. Timeframe: 1 week.

Lola stated that she will try to do it as soon as possible. Consensus established.



BREAK - 9:05 till 9:12 Thomas comes in Recording started by Lola


12 Task Forces (proposed by Marcel)

The current PPI board was unable to get enough information about the PPI Task Forces. The only information we received can be found here:

So, we have some information (but not much) about the following TFs:

  • conference
  • EU party
  • legal + statutes
  • new parties
  • tech
  • translation and text production

We've got no information about the following TFs:

  • ACTA
  • censor

The current board plans to reorganize the structure. However, it's necessary to get the teams working in the meantime.

Discussion?

Marcel was not able to get information from Gregory. The only thing we have is the migration pad. ( Old board >> new Board ) Marcel asked for more information, Gregory refused.

Marcel proposes to reorganize the structure. In the mean time, we need to keep people bussy, and workflow going.

Marcel suggests to contact all PP's for crowdsourcing, teamforming.

No objections to Marcel his proposal. Marcel states that we should put this all in Redmine.

Remark from Thomas: Thomas wants Marcel to do it.

Samir wants to be co-responsable.

Marcel suggests that he takes responsability. Samir objects, we have a CO-presidency.

Ballot: Co-Chairman are responsible for this.

Yes: Samir, Marcel, Lola No:Patrick, Thomas Abstain:



Pat explains why he is in favour of a sole person being in main responsibility for a single task - that's why he has voted no at this point. - Thomas agrees 100% due to the same opinion.

5 Minute break: 5:Minute extra break: 9:41 Recording started.

Ballot: Marcel takes responsibility for the reporting of this task to the board within the t.b.a deadline.

Yes:Thomas, Samir, Marcel, Lola, Patrick No: Abstain:

Motion Passed.

PPI is not a project! - PPI spawns Projects

13 PP Morocco support (proposed by vxroot)

( Resending email )

1) Mailinglist (list.partipirate.ma / or pp-maroc@list.pp-international.net?) Mail resend by Samir.

Due to delay, list will be created on the PPI domain. Lists.pp-international.net PPMA either takes it or not.

2) Certification of Membership on PPI (sent from SP3 to Samir) It's in Samir's bag, will be send the day after tomorrow. 3) List contact of Pirates over the world

4) Pirates template for Drupal


Send email to leaders list. - Swiss template, who asks ? - Luxembourg template, who asks ? - Belgium template, who asks ? - The Netherlands, who asks ?


Cocencuss: Put it in Redmine, Samir is responsable. Deadline: Monday.


14 WIPO (proposed by Thomas)

REDMINE THIS

http://ppi.piratenpad.de/98

We have to decide upon it. (plus change it to the actual board, statutes and the members...)

Consensus: Samir does this.


Patrick leaves at 10:06


Thomas proposes that we continue with PP Slovenia. And postpone the meeting till next week. Fixing Slovenjia with IT infractructure. Mailinglist will be created after the meeting. They don't need manpower. They do need VPS because of legal issues. Multiple board members are hunting for reliable VPS.


Meeting postponed, ? ( Thomas ) Marcel suggests we DO continue.


15 PP Philippines: Request for Accreditation and Support (proposed by Thomas)

An e-mail from the PP of Philippines has been received. We should officially answer.

Postponed, Consensus.

16 Parties list (proposed by Pat)

Proposal: Use the new script in the PPI website in the sidebar and in http://pp-international.net/about

New proposed script at: http://pp.3025-game.de/rss2.php?

Notes:

  • I haven't removed yet any Latvia&South Africa, nor changed the links

for Ireland or Turkey.

  • Currently this csv is used as data source:

http://pp.3025-game.de/pp-links-prov.csv

  • Other languages can be added, if the translation is provided (you

may ask the translation task force).

  • Other layouts can be added as well (i.e. without
    html tags, in

wikicode or similar)

Possible paramaters in the URL to put after the "?" (to combine them, use the ampersand "&") nopic : Show no flag pictures lang=cc : Show list with country codes instead of English lang=de : Show list in German instead of English showppi : PP-International will be listed as a Link showmembers : Show all PPI member parties in bold font onlymembers : Only list PPI member parties

  $@ Confirm data, distribute countries to contact ?  

Redmine this ?

Samir: Will you construct a counter proposal ? Thomas asks for cooperation. ( Samir is fine with that. )

Thomas & Samir will work out something. REDMINE THIS

17 Social media (proposed by Lola)

Lola wants acces to twitter, etc. There seem to be no objections.

This allows Lola to push all "formal" data to social networks.

Thomas: Only "reluctant" use.

18 - Money opportunity for PPI

Discrete story.

More will follow later, no objections against Samir negotiating. There is a problem with monetisation of leaked material.

20 PPI Assests list

Samir

Who wants to create this list ? Nobody. Samir will slice up the work, and present it to the board at a later date. REDMINE


21 CI

Samir

Task for all of us. What about that .CH guy ? ( Loads of parties copied it! )

http://dump.piratenpartij.nl/huisstijl/Corporate%20Identity%20Manual%20Piratenpartij%20v1.pdf

Thomas: Postpone.

No objections.

POSTPONED

22 Transparent bank account (proposed by Marcel)

Proposal: In order to fulfill the decision of the GA, the CFO is responsible for manually publishing all income and outcome items of the PPI bank account on http://int.piratenpartei.de/ as soon as they appear on the PPI bank account. This is a workaround. In order to find a final solution, the CFO is responsible for performing a search for a fully transparent bank account. The PP-CZ bank account is an example of such an account: https://www.fio.cz/scgi-bin/hermes/dz-transparent.cgi?ID_ucet=2100048174 The CFO will report to the PPI board on his investigation in no later than one month.

Ballot: Yes: Samir, Marcel, Lola, Thomas. No: Abstain:


Motion Passed.

23 Copying monopoly term extension (proposed by Marcel)

http://christianengstrom.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/names-of-the-40-meps-supporting-review-of-the-copyright-term-extension/

40 signatures collected. The matter will probably be on the plenary session on May 9. The suggestion is to set a plan and execute it at the end of this week. The plan is to join the forces of all PPs with NGOs to push MEPs to reject the copying monopoly term extension. Who to contact which NGOs?

NGOs: La Quadrature du Net, EDRI, ORG, EFF, Communia, FFII


Samir willing to do the following because of personal contacts: LQ, EDRi, Thomas epiphany sudden consensus. Marcel and Samir will work along, and coordinate.


24 Varia, Notifications "for the record"

Things discussed via email etc.

11:02

Marcel will ask to board for a extra meeting next week. If it won't work, formal procedure will follow. ( Next meeting 2 weeks from now. )


Meeting closed at 11:03 CEST