This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2012-07-17

From pp International
Revision as of 17:43, 15 August 2012 by Dichter (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING'
--- 17/07/2012 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Lola, Denis, Travis, Jelena, Ed, Nonnu excused: none unexcused: none

1.2 - Others

Anouk Neeteson (mrNatural) Gefion

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:08 CEST by Lola Meeting closed at 20:18 CEST by Lola Meeting chaired by Lola Secretary for this meeting is Gregory Quorum is established. 7 Members out of 7 present Streaming started: No, Not possible yet. Recording started: Yes Postal votes: No Link to RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

  • Gregory:

back from vacations, first day to dig through email, not much to report of significance.

  • Lola:

Did a lot of stuff, that will all be talked later on in its own agenda items.

  • Travis: Moved to the United States (scary, eh?), haven't been able to get a lot done, just spending time with family. However, I also have created http://piratespeaker.com which I use to promote my availability to do speaking events on both Pirate Issues.Was on AnonPlus Radio
  • Ed: Still trying to gain access to the Accounts with Patrick (previous treasurer) - name being thrown around UK mainstream media on UK's TPB block, etc
  • Denis: Did minor tasks for the press team, but not too much as i had exams. WIPO confirmed that our application arrived. They put it on the agenda for their next assembly. I'm going to scan and send the response to the board.
  • Jelena: One interview for Montenegro main media outlet on PPI and expectations of PP in transitional countries. Link http://www.vijesti.me/vijesti/pirati-crnogorskoj-politickoj-sceni-clanak-81995, in regular communication with Pirate Ideaspaces in Croatia and Montenegro; maintaining on regular basis PPI Facebook page
  • Nuno: Integrated pad support in LQFB instance and finished adding the rest of the proposals that didn't get voted in Prague. Didn't have much time for more due to some late job projects and a minor vacation.

3.2 - Define joint communication strategy // Press work strategy

Redmine task #13, due date: 07/17/2012 Report by Denis: The progress is visible in the wiki[1], the processes etc grow with time. There was a call for participation for the press team. Only few reactions so far. [1] http://wiki.pp-international.net/Press_Work REDMINE: close the task. If new things needs to be discussed, Denis will put it on the agenda.

3.3 - Streaming

Redmine task #53, due date: 06/26/2012 Report by Lola: Communicated with some technicians REDMINE: +2 Weeks

3.4 - Update PP-Leaders list

Redmine task #128, due date: 07/03/2012 Report by Lola: Send en email announcement to pp-leaders list and other contacts, recieved a lot of replies, but a lot of parties have not responded yet. REDMINE: +2 Weeks

3.5 - Tech-team

Redmine task #130, due date: 07/17/2012 Report by Travis: got in contact with a lot of people from a lot of countries. The Techteam is established, so we can close the redmine-task, no need for it anymore. Lola: please update the Wiki page with contact information, on how to reach it. REDMINE: +2 Week (to update the contact oinformation on the wikipage and other admin stuff)

3.6 - Pirate VPN - Found cost and such

Redmine task #139, due date: 05/22/2012 Report by Travis: Need to ask the countries to participate Next steps: write up the description, on how to join; go over the landing page, describe transparently how the price is made up (what cut is going to support the local pirate party, etc) REDMINE: +2 weeks

3.7 - Bank account access, Contact the bank

Redmine task #161, 162, due date: 07/03/2012 Report by Ed: No big progress there - need Patrik to contact the bank, Gregory should have send some forms. REDMINE: +2 Week

3.8 - Create Project in PPI Tech team

Redmine task #164, due date: 07/17/2012 Report by Nuno (only if Gregory is present): That was a reminder for Gregory. Report: sub project created: http://tasks.pp-international.net/projects/lqfb (not public) REDMINE: Close the task

3.10 - Create HTML landing page for embedding the checkout

Redmine task #166, due date: 07/03/2012 Report by Travis: this task and VPN task are quite the same. REDMINE: move it to the vpn subproject and not close it.

3.9 - PPI-HQ Transfer of ownership

Redmine task #165, due date: 07/03/2012 Report by Lola: Pat wrote an e-mail to the notary and got no reply yet. REDMINE: 2 weeks

3.11 - Financial support from PP-DE

Redmine task #169, due date: 07/17/2012 Report by Lola: Lola had contact to Swanhild, PP-DE is ready to transfer us the money, if we request it for a purpose and present a budged plan on how this money will be spent. REDMINE: + 1 month

4 - Setting up a budget plan

https://ppi.piratenpad.de/pad-for-jerry Lola: Gregory and Ed: could you work toghether to create a budget plan REDMINE: new task +1 month

5 - Editorial and Team/Organisational leader (press team)

Proposed by Denis. From the email to the board:

* Team / Organisational leader
Keeps track of all (new) team members, sees how they do and makes sure they know what to do, provides individual support to team members. Makes sure the organisational tasks get completed, follows up with single team members and is available for questions and ideas.
* Editorial leader
Takes care of the PR workflows, makes sure that all PR apply to a certain standard and that deadlines are met. Communicates with other groups as required.
The two leaders are deputy of each other. More information on our processes: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Press_Work/Processes
After creating those positions I'd like to vote the following persons:
- Team / Organisational leader: Gefion Thürmer (she will be present at the next meeting to present herself)
- Editorial leader: me (yes, I am already elected for that, but an election makes clear that this position is elected by the board)
I'd like to vote on this matter at the next board meeting.

Denis: there are two points here: a) the board can define this two positions and b) the board can vote on the proposed pesrsons. Denis had a verbous presentation as he was presenting his board candidature in Prague. The backgound of puting this to vote is to create clarity and to give a guide to future boards on how to fill this positions. Gefion presents her background - pirate since 2009, chief editor of "Flaschenpost", on board of PP-DE 2011-2012 responsible for press team. Vote: should we create the positions of 1) PPI Press Team Leader and 2) PPI Press Editorial Leader Votes in Favour: Lola, Travis, Denis, Nuno, Gregory, Jelena, Ed Votes Against: Votes Abstain: Motion passed. Vote to fill the position of PPI Press Team Leader with Gefion Türmer Votes in Favour: Lola, Travis, Denis, Nuno, Gregory, Jelena, Ed Gefion is elected as PPI Press Team Leader. Vote to fill the postion of PPI Press Editorial Leader with Denis Simonet Votes in Favour: Lola, Travis, Nuno, Gregory, Jelena, Ed Abstain: Denis Denis is elected as PPI Press Editorial Leader.

6 - AOB

6.1 PP-UK conference

Lola: The Pirate Party UK invites you to their annual Conference in London on the 16th of September 2012: http://pp-international.net/node/525

6.2

Lola: I participated in "Sending the flowers to the EP for rejecting ACTA" http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/04/send-flowers-to-the-european-parliament-for-rejecting-acta/

6.3. Preannouncing the start of the group aginst the data retention

Gregory: I preanounce today that i am planning to start the european citizen initiative for collecting 1 million signatures against the european data retention directive. This is very early stage yet, but i invite everyone who want to participate in the planning process to contact me. Next meeting: 31 July 2012 at 19.00 CEST Meeting closed: at PPI Press Team Leader CEST by Lola