This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2013-10-15

From pp International
Revision as of 19:43, 15 October 2013 by ThomasG (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 15/10/2013 20:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2013-10-15

Record of the meeting

Audio recordings:

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Denis, Thomas, Nonnu
excused: Gregory
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternates: Yasin
Guests: (names)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:10 CEST by Thomas
Meeting closed at 20:28 CEST by Thomas
Meeting chaired by Thomas
Secretary for this meeting is Denis
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: yes

PP-FR has informed us, that the previously agreed upon date of April 05th and 06th There was a postal vote with the following question:

Vote: Set the date for the Paris GA to April 12th and 13th 2014.

There were 5 "in favor" votes, so the assembly will take place on the new dates.

3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

Gregory (by mail)
Since the last meeting report happened a whole lot: I was visiting the WIPO meeting (as a part of CSC delegation), participated in the first Press team meeting, that I found very productive, helped compiling the Press distribution list; worked on the documents for the WTO Observer membership and submitted it (we got accepted, yeah! see my mail to the board), participated in the PPUK international leadership meeting with representatives from PPSE and PPCZ and in the national PPUK conference. Today I must excuse myself from the meeting, due to my participation in the UNPA campaign conference in Brussels.
Thomas:
Nothing to report - due to health issues
Denis:
I couldn't attend the last board meeting, so here comes a summary of the last 4 weeks. I visited the WIPO assemblies, together with Gregory, where we used the opportunity to talk to the delegates who refused our application. I also continued the press contact list, started to import them into the CRM. Additionally I prepared the application for the WTO together with Gregory and held a promising press team meeting. We will always meet on the 1st, 11th and 21st on mumble at 21:00 CEST. Everyone is welcome to join!
Nuno:
I've been very busy with PP-PT affairs, we finally beat state bureaucracy and registered the formal association, now we only need to publish statutes and whatnot in the official republic journal.

4 WIPO et al.

Denis: We will apply again to WIPO. We don't give up. WTO accepted us as an observer so one more political organisation who gained observer membership in a IGO :).

5 E-Democracy

Nuno: I have my opinion on which one to choose. We should try to find a place where we can run it. The tests I run last year were on a personal computer which for sure is not a good solution for the production system. I would like to investigate whether existing servers are suitable to run the system. We should decide in a board meeting which system we will use. If people are not happy with the system we choose, they could use the system to get a new one.

Yasin (TR). I worked in a company that we created an e-democracy system. It provides voting and forums for conversations. The time we were writing the software we looked at many e-democracy systems that are already developed and found that none of them is suitable for our needs. Are we considering to write from scratch? (If so, I am a developer and can commit myself) If not, I can help with integration or writing extra code for the system we chose (if open source)

Nuno: I will give you a few accounts to play with Loomio.

6 General Assembly 2014

PP-FR had been contacted on the time and date, the board is awaiting an answer so further preperation of the GA can continue.
see Postal Votes (roundrobin)
To-Do: Thomas will inform PP-FR about our decision for the change of dates.

7 AOB

None.

===================================================
Next Meeting: 29. Oct. 2013 20:00 CET
Meeting Closed: 20:28 CEST by Thomas