This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

Meeting 2012-10-22

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Monday the 22nd at 20.00 (Berlin time) = 19.00 (London) = 13.00 (Mexico) = 14.00 (Detroit)

Mumble channel: International -> Pirate Parties International -> ppintnews

       (Description of mumble: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Mumble )

Mail me if you have problems finding the mumble channel: international@piratpartiet.se or type in chat on this pad. Protocol from last meeting: http://ppintnews.piratepad.eu/teammeeting-12-10-12

Atendees: Josef

Andrew

Daniel

Stathis

Domi

Chairing: Daniel

Protocol: Andrew, Domi


Agenda 1) Introduction of team members (quick 2min intro - who are you? why here?)

2) Pirate Times status (quick report by Josef) + answering of questions

3) Open tasks + last meeting: http://ppintnews.piratepad.eu/teammeeting-12-10-12 Articles (progress?) new design: http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/ppnews feedback? could probably need some new font - CSS will be sent to Josef by Domi original default design ex: http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-eu.coordinators


4) Article planning: October 28 -Pirate Party of Basel (CH) -canton October 28 -Pirate Party of Finland -Municipal 25-28th GA for Austria

5) Activating more team-members (8 writers in last 31days, 3 of them wrote 17 articles)

6) How to handle CC-BY infringements

7) Process for proof reading in Trello and WP


8) Requirement for all images to have license and attribute in Facebook

9) Imagery http://ppintnews.piratepad.eu/39

10) Other questions/topics for meeting Calendar - we need access for Domi to be able to set it and get it to send reminder emails may need to change day as a Friday is not popular. 11) Next meeting? November 2nd, 2012, 18:00 UTC, 20:00 BERLIN, 13:00 US CENTRAL

Minutes: 1) Introduction of team members

no new members present

2) Pirate Times status

Josef was on holiday and ill and although present but still not 100% however we had lot of visitors and references to us by The Guardian (UK newspaper) amongst others


3) Open tasks + last meeting: http://ppintnews.piratepad.eu/teammeeting-12-10-12

Articles (progress?)

new design: http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/ppnews feedback?

A work in progress. The page probably needs a new font - CSS file will be sent to Josef by Domi

original default design ex: http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-eu.coordinators

4) Article planning:

October 28 -Pirate Party of Basel (CH) -canton (Stathis will do a before article although he has conference in Athens)

October 28 -Pirate Party of Finland -Municipal (Andrew will do if nobody else wants it)

25-28th GA for Austria (Domi wants to watch it. If they stream it, he'd like to report about the GA. Summary only)

5) Activating more team-members (8 writers in last 31days, 3 of them wrote 17 articles)

Too one-sided. We need more active writers.

Need to set up a page for members to get writing help from WP page.

Send out ideas on subjects to members. A provisorial reminder by Domi probably led more people into the meeting this time.

Asking more guest writers?

Domi asked PPJP on facebook, but no response so far.

Put the question to the mailing list.

6) How to handle CC-BY infringements Add message in footer (Paul).

Added: "All content is CC-BY if not mentioned otherwise. Please link back to us if using content."

If an infringement is found the send friendly message for missing attribute but not for links - Daniel to be contacted before sending any notice. (Carried as a rule)


7) Process for proof reading in Trello and WP

A help pages plugin for WP will be found and installed. The author needs to keep track of their own articles - respond to proof readers and ensure they are properly formated in WP.

Also we need messaging system in WP (Domi)

8) Requirement for all images to have license and attribute in Facebook Where did the rule come from? Need to ask Justus on the origin of the rule. (Andrew to report back) Andrew - Fine for FB gallery pictures but not on the wall as license and attribution are one click away on PT article. Josef - The rule is overkill

It was decided that rules are valid only after they have been passed in a team meeting.

9) Imagery http://ppintnews.piratepad.eu/39

The Featured Image size is important to how the image is presented in WP.

Photos are best if not it is recommended to make a collage - Domi will help if required - contact by Skype or email

Andrew will link to from style quide.

This is not a rule but "best practice" (will be posted to mailing list)

10) Other questions/topics for meeting

Calendar - we need access for Domi to be able to set it and get it to schedule reminder emails.

the next meeting may need to changes as a Friday is not popular. A discussion in the mailing list before had may help decide.

11) Next meeting?

November 2nd, 2012, 18:00 UTC, 20:00 BERLIN, 13:00 US CENTRAL