|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2014-01-21
::Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 07/01/2014 20:00h CET ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Denis
- excused: Gregory (may be later)
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 20:15 CET by Thomas
- Meeting closed at 20:26 CET by Thomas
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is Denis
- Quorum not established with 2 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: No - due to technical limitations
- Recording started: Yes
- Postal votes: No
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Thomas: Usual stuff. Nothing of real importance, tt14.
- Denis: I organised (Swiss) speakers for the tt14. Otherwise I was busy with my bachelor thesis.
3.2 WTO 9MC in Bali
Gregory, his wife and I visited the WTO 9th Ministerial Conference in Bali, Indonesia. It was very interesting and good for networking. There were two buildings. One was for NGOs and press where we had full access. In the building for the delegates we could access the ground floor and plenary room, but not the delegate space in the upper floors. The WTO team responsible for external relations was very eager to fulfil our needs. They updated us on a regular basis and answered all the questions. NGOs were free to organise public and private meetings which sometimes were attended by delegates, too. We sent in the TRIPS paper which asks the members of the WTO to add provisions to make free licenses legal in every country. It was published on the WTO website. The No Spy paper was out of scope so we decided to send it later this year.
4 PPI "Think Tank" Conference 2014
- As of today: 20 possible Speakers, seeking additional speakers,
- Current Deadline for CoP: 2014/02/01
https://ppi.piratenpad.de/tt14-planning We are still seeking speakers! The deadline was postponed to 26 January.
5 General Assembly 2014
- Thomas shall contact PP-FR about the current planning on the french side. We didn't receive any updates since the last meeting.
6 - AOB
- Next Meeting: 20:00 CET on 04/02/2014
- Meeting Closed: 20:26 CET by Thomas