|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2014-12-09
From pp International
- 1 Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- 2 Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-12-09
- 2.1 Record of the meeting
- 2.2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 2.3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 2.4 3 Short Reports
- 2.5 4 Second and Next ThinkTwice conference
- 2.6 5 Regions - Define Ideas about Regional/Continental Resonsibilities w/in PPI
- 2.7 6 UN / WIPO / ITU / WSIS
- 2.8 7 Financial Situation
- 2.9 8 AOB (being urgent)
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 09/12/2014 20:30h CET ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-12-09
Record of the meeting
- Audio recordings: http://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20141209
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Bastian, Gregory, Stathis, Anders (after 20:58), Koen (after 21:00)
- unexcused: Masa
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at : 20:45 CET by Thomas
- Meeting closed at : CET by
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
- Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present
- Streaming started: Not possible
- Recording started: yes/no
- Postal votes: none
3 Short Reports
- Bastian: Calculation for the membership fees for 2014 are ready and will be deliverd tomorrow. Indeed, we have not enough address data.
- All together the membership fees for 2014 amount to 1,406.98 EUR (10%-rule).
- Attended PWB meeting in FRA 8./9.11.2014
- Thomas: Some talks about WIPO and membership, attended PWB meeting
- Gregory: I have attended the international orga weekend organized by PWB.
- Stathis: I was in the organizing team of the 3rd Congress of PP-GR held on November 1 & 2 in Chalkis. I re-elected as a member of the Board of PP-GR. Involved with “Pirates in Education” and the elections in Athens Teachers Association “Aristotle”. Thanasis Gounaris, chairman of the Board of PP-GR elected in the 7 member Board of “Aristotle”.
- Koen: Went to the BNP Paribas Bank on Thursday. Sent the documents to Thomas.
4 Second and Next ThinkTwice conference
- Financial Report:
- Anders have got some receipts and will send them to Bastian, they are incomplete, though.
- Bastian: I reprimand this expressly that no report is given.
5 Regions - Define Ideas about Regional/Continental Resonsibilities w/in PPI
6 UN / WIPO / ITU / WSIS
- Thomas was in touch with Richard Hill, and also have talked to PWB about being a proxy in WIPO.
7 Financial Situation
- Bastian: no changes. Content of the cash box: 358.06 EUR. Outstanding expenses: 120 EUR to Maxime for PPI GA Paris and 245 EUR for travel reimburcement for 1st ThinkTwice - so we are at minus 7 EUR. Still waiting for balance sheet of TT14 Istanbul.
- Anders: last week Koen and Anders have openend an account for PPI HQ at BNP Paribas. For finishing the process, scanned ID of Bastian and Thomas need to be sent to the Bank.
8 AOB (being urgent)
Christmas donations? (suggested by Gregory)
- Now that we have a working bank account, should'nt we not beg for the year end donations? :On facebook, twitter, google plus, etc...
- Anders: we do not have an Bank Account, the account, announced last time by Bastian is not a real one and will lead to chaos.
- Gregory: I disagree, the bank account was announced by Bastian, who is the treasusrer, and therefore can be used. We can have as many accounts as we want in so many countries as we seem fit.
- Thomas: The account was announced in the meeting, the objections are strange.
- Pirate Times link on PPI site
- Koen: it is okay to collect membership fees, but no donations.
- Bastian: we can collect money to any account we want. The desicion is wheter we want to beg for money or not. I am quite disappointed about the discussion here.
- follow the proposal´and call for money (donations).
- In favour: Gregory, Thomas, Bastian
- against: Koen, Anders,
- abstain: Stathis
- Motion failed (consult §5(2) of RoP).
Consolidating accounts (Proposal Anders)
- As soon as we have full access to the official PPI HQ bank account at PNB Paribas in Brussels/Belgium, we will transfer all PPI/PPI HQ funds from exterial or trusted bank accounts to the than official bank account .
- rem Bastian: If it is clear that the treasurer has unlimited access, I see no problem.
- Remark Gregory: I think that is to be left to the competence of the treasurer. If he want to consolidate the accounts, it is fine by me, if there should be reasons for not following it, it is also quite fine by me, as long as there is a logical accountability in the report.
- in favour : Koen, Stathis, Anders
- against :
- abstain : Bastian, Gregory, Thomas
- Motion failed (consult §5(2) of RoP).
- Next Meeting: Saturday 2014/12/27 09:00 CET
- Meeting Closed: 21:37 CET by Thomas