|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2015-11-03
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [03/11/2015 22:00]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: Audiofile
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: cbj,Andrew, Richard Hill, Karla
- excused: pakki
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Nikolay
- ThomasG (22:20 onward)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 22:09 CEST by Andrew
- Meeting chaired by Andrew
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started:
- Recording started: 22:09
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2015-10-20 Minutes approved
YES: Andrew, Karla, pakki, cbj NO: ABSTENTIONS: Richard
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members
- Andrew: The need to quickly get some work done to my property and a funeral have meant I have had little time to devote to PPI matters. I hope to catch up in the coming days. However I have managed to talk to a few people including chairs of PPEU and EU Young Pirates - they know of no one travelling to Paris for COP21
- I contacted some pirate parties of Africa to join us - I found also squats to receive us for cop21 - & For réfugies i'm desperados :'(
- Karla: GA mandates the newly elected treasurer to report periodically on a 3-month basis (by the calendar quartals) - Where do I do that? Do I send my report to somebody or just uplodad somewhere? Thanks.
I read the info about IPU I am making a document that collects all the accounts existing under PPI and their status.
Bastian, Andrew and Karla and Patrick will meet to discuss handover of financial matters
- Patrick: sick, will add later.
- Richard: I attended the IPU meeting at which the resolution referred to below was approved. That resolution was presented by Birgitta Jonsdottir of the Pirate Party Iceland. The resolution is at: http://www.ipu.org/conf-e/133/Res-1.htm It would be good to publicize this resolution via the national pirate parties. How can we make them aware of it?
== 5 - Proposal No. 1
PPI to apply to become an observer of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), info at:
- Website of IPU: http://www.ipu.org/english/home.htm
- Loomio discussion: https://www.loomio.org/d/OMhxeDRI/ppi-to-join-ipu
- Rules for IPU associate members: http://www.ipu.org/strct-e/obsrv-new.htm
YES: pakki, Richard, Andrew, cbj, Karla NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed: Richard will go ahead with the application
Everybody should be informed about what IPU is and what IPU stands for and we should debate the decision during this meeting. The NGO group in loomio should have a look at the compatibility of IPU conditions for membership and Pirate Principles
6 AOB - Any other business
Invitation by the German Pirate Party to a mumble meeting to discuss a Common Election Program for the next EU elections https://www.facebook.com/events/1660965680838807/
http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-eu starting point is a EU platform but with the eye on expanding to a broader international platform Should we support this initiative?
YES: Andrew,Richard, Karla, cbj NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed: PPI will support this intiative of PPDE
"The Pirate Parties are the Global movement of the Twentyfirst century that has the skill to tackle the transnational problems without the prejudice or filter of a national "not in my backyard" prerogative. One example of that is the creation of the PPEU common European election program back in 2013 that was shared and ratified by over twenty Pirate Parties across Europe. Time passes by very quickly – as we all notice. The world seems to be turning faster and faster and we think it is about time to get forward with our common work on political issues among us pirate parties so we won't stay behind in the whole political process. We know out of experience that communication is a major part in stepping ahead - this includes party internal communication as well as the interchange of information among us pirate parties. As we deem e.g. the PPEU to play a vital role for Europe in the future (for example: for PP-DE does consider the European Matters to be domestic and not foreign affairs) in political interchange is necessary in preparation of common goals for the upcoming elections and maybe a guidance for those who are elected to office at the moment or in between. So we give it a start. We want do meet you on mumble  and invite you for: 27.11.2015, 20:00 CET, Mumble-Room /International/PPEU draft Agenda: 1 Net-Neutrality 2 Refugees 3 Economic problems (like euro crisis and TTIP) 4 Data retention & data protection (including topics of Post-Safe-Harbor, SWIFT, TFTP and PNR agreements) 5 Democracy in crisis? These are current issues and we consider them as a good start for a vital and fruitful discussion as they contain enough potential even for a controversial discussion. As a first step we will collect the present views on those topics and identify the most pressing issues that we want to address in the common program. Please send a R.S.V.P. or any questions/suggestions for additions to the agenda regarding this event to email@example.com For beforehand feedback to our share insights or any data please use the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscription needed at http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-eu ) As we consider PPEU work as an open work, please feel free to share the date and time among your parties so not only us "figure heads" join the discussion but as well our specialists and other interested members can contribute as direct as possible. Best regards Alexander Spies Gregory Engels Thomas Gaul Jens Stomber Delegates PPDE to PPEU"
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2015-11-17 22:00 CET. Meeting Closed: 22:40 CEST (20:14 UTC) / 00:00 GMT by 0