|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Minutes 2016 09 11
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [11/09/2016 21:00]h CEST ---
- Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 11 September 2016, 21:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 12 September 2016, 07:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 12 September 2016, 04:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 11 September 2016, 12:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 11 September 2016, 16:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 11 September 2016, 22:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 11 September 2016, 19:00:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: will be added later
- 1 Record of the meeting
- 2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 4 3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
- 5 4 - REPORTS
- 6 5 - Decision #353: Second underwriter for the opening of the bank account
- 7 6 - Permanent Delegation
- 8 7 Informative part
- 8.1 7.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates
- 8.2 7.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation
- 8.3 7.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory
- 8.4 7.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties
- 8.5 7.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system
- 8.6 7.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016
- 8.7 7.7 - Informative - Task #358: Creation of a virtual postal address for PPI
- 9 8 - AOB - Any other business
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Ray, Thomas,Bailey,Keith,Guillaume, Andrew
- excused: Koen
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- excused: Adam (election day),
- unexcused: the rest
- participating: Chris McGimpsey-Jones
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 21:00 CEST by Thomas
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is Bailey
- Quorum established with 6 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: not possible
- Recording started: yes https://archive.org/download/PpiBoardMeeting2016-09-11/PPIBoard-2016-09-11-21-00-04-mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de-Mixdown.ogg
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_08_29
YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Andrew, Guillaume, Keith NO: ABSTENTIONS:
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: nothing much to report. Banking done, Postal is done
- Bailey: I sent everyone on the board a rough email draft with questions for PPI members, about what they want to see from us this year, as well as some questions to invite feedback/contructive criticism like the questions for former members. Please let me know if you have any objections to anything I wrote in there, otherwise I will be emailing former members in the next day or two. I already receieved a short response from Fletcher of PPAU, who said they will need a bit of time to bring the questions to their members (as we expected).
- Andrew: Answered enquiries to the contact form on the PPI web site.
- Keith: Thinking about my two tasks, bitcoin and budget. I made a temporary budget, which is theoretical, since I don't have real data outside of Paypal.
- Koen: Koen cannot attend. Sunday evenings are impossible for him. Apologizes for absence. "You can report that I have been working with Anders and Arif to restore the onlinepresence of Think Twice"
-Is there an ideal day/time that works for Koen?
- Raymond: n/a
- Thomas: Nothing of importance
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 - Decision #353: Second underwriter for the opening of the bank account
In order to formalize the bank account opening a second underwriter is required.
For this purpose, the board shall designate one of its cashiers in order to expedite the administrative process.
The candidate for the role is Marie France Perroud.
This designation of Marie France Perroud for the signature to open the account does not modify the financial authorization process as defined in Decision #337
Does the board agree to the decision as proposed above?
- YES: Ray, Andrew, Bailey, Thomas, Guillaume, Keith
- Motion passed
6 - Permanent Delegation
6.1 - Decision #359: Implement a online voting mecanism for permanent delegates of PPI Members
During the communication plan decision making process, a delignation between policy statement and action statement was decided.
Whereby policy statements would need the support of the delegates of the PPI Members.
It is clear that the voting is the final step in a position or policy development. The debate and contributions to a motion/initiative needs be carried prior to the voting period.
Redmine has been configured so that it can keep track of votes by delegates.
In order to implement the provision XI.4 of PPI Statute ( http://int.piratenpartei.de/Statutes#XI._Voting ) and support the above decision of the board to call upon the constituants of the PPI, a set of permanent delegates has to be appointed by each member, in order to have an effective voting system.
The board decides to implement a transitional voting system in order to effectively support XI.4 of PPI Statute
Point of Order from Ray: When we reach out to PPI members about appointing delegates for voting, should this be included in Bailey's letter to members that is already going out?
--Thomas answered, no they should stay separate, because they are separate tasks of equal importance..better to distinguish between the 2
--everyone agrees w/ Thomas's answer
- YES: Ray, Guillaume, Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Andrew
- Motion passed
6.2 - Decision #360: transitional voting mecanism for permanent delegates of PPI Members
The voting mecanism is working as follows:
Each delegate/representative can vote using the following means:
Updating the decision on the Project Management Referential (Redmine) with their vote
Emailing the board mailing list citing the object and their vote.
A period of 2 weeks is provided to cast the vote.
The delegate designation process is the same as the one for a general assembly, however it is a permanent assignation. Each board of the member party shall inform the general secretary of PPI of any changes as soon as they arise.
- YES: Andrew, Guillaume, Ray, Thomas, Bailey,Keith
- Motion passed
6.3 - Decision #361: transitional online voting process for permanent delegates of PPI Members
In order to be able to empower rapidly the delegates by enabling them to use an online voting system for policy decision making purposes, the board of PPI is setting up a transitional voting process.
The process shall be structured in the following way:
The board prepares the motion to voted upon as a text open for consultation and contributions
The consultation shall last 30 days, it shall take place on loomio
Depending on the state of the work on the motion, several voting options will be offered, the PPI board will select the most appropriate voting mode from the following, in order to achieve a formal position for PPI:
Accept or refuse the motion in its state at the end of the consultation period
Choose between several versions of the outcome of the consultation
If the motion requires a more in-depth decision, then the motion will be broken down into paragraphs and each paragraph will be voted upon.
The voting procedure in itself shall occure as described in Decision #360 (Redmine https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/360)
Filing of a motion
Every member of the Pirate Parties International can file a policy, political content only, related motion to the board of PPI.
The board of PPI shall handle any motion at the next upcoming board meeting and initiate the above described process for the filed motion within 15 days.
The process described above shall be used until the next General Assembly, where an amendment of the statutes of PPI shall be made in order to reflect the above
- YES: Ray, Bailey, Andrew, Keith,Thomas, Guillaume
- Motion passed
7 Informative part
7.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates
Work is ongoing to collect and update contacts.
The sources used for the job comprise:
http://api.piratetimes.net (use http only)
several files from PPUK
currently online available data via Pirate Parties web site
I thank Marie France Perroud (PPCH) for her support and contributions, as well as all of those who have volunteered informations and contributions as well as given feedback.
- Ongoing process
7.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation
- On going work from Thomas Gaul, which is in communication with Raymond.
7.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory
Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain
services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!
A follow-up is required.
This should include even the tech stuff.
Please help out!
7.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties
- Work is ongoing.
7.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system
- No update yet, address again at next meeting
7.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016
- Identify the costs and incomes.
- No new info about server costs
- Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account
7.7 - Informative - Task #358: Creation of a virtual postal address for PPI
The virtual postal adress for Pirate Parties International has been executed and implemented.
A 20.- CHF invoice is now open.
- bank account will be open this week & treasurer will be informed when this happens
8 - AOB - Any other business
- Suggestion: Post meeting minutes, etc. on the PPI website
--board members still need access, this will get taken care of
Let's use Wire app to keep in touch and exchange information quickly between board meetings
Next Meeting: Monday, 2016-09-26 08:00 CEST (06:00 GMT)
- Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 26 September 2016, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 September 2016, 19:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 September 2016, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 25 September 2016, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 26 September 2016, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 26 September 2016, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 September 2016, 06:00:00
Meeting Closed: 21:30 CEST (19:30 UTC) / 19:00 GMT by Thomas