|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
ACTA Taskforce Agenda
Acta Taskforce Agenda
Next meeting 2009-12-20 at 20:00 (GMT+1 / CET) on IRC (#ppi-acta, irc.piratpartiet.se):
Discuss point 8 - 12 from last meeting
Add additional points here:
last meeting 2009-12-13 at 20:00 (GMT+1 / CET) on IRC (#ppi-acta, irc.piratpartiet.se):
Discuss point 5 - 7 from previous week + additional points, add new items on the top section of this Etherpad:
8) Door to door action? - Proposed by Ryan (USPP)
I.e ask task force volunteers to go talk to their neighbors about ACTA and urge them to contact their reps.
9) Audio recordings in regards to ACTA? - Proposed by Ryan (USPP)
10) Create a schedule of call in radio shows to coordinate call-ins trying to talk about ACTA - Proposed by Ryan (USPP)
11) Identify reporters who might cover the ACTA and try to schedule interviews with them - Proposed by Ryan (USPP)
12) Locating things to read and building up an internal knowledge base for own analyses (Proposed by Amelia Andersdotter PPSE)
2009-12-06 at 20:00 (GMT+1 / CET) on IRC (#ppi-acta, rc.piratpartiet.se):
1) Discuss PPI ACTA statement - Proposed by Nicco
2) Discuss status of press release for PP's - Proposed by Nicco
Who sent out press releases? What kind of feedback?
3) National actions - Proposed by Nicco
Do you have your own translated ACTA statement, what is the status?
4) ACTA EU actions (MEP's in particular) - Proposed by Nicco
The Swedish PP MEP (Christian Engström) is fighting ACTA in a very diplomatic way by asking the commission if the ACTA negotiations are fully in line with the letter and the spirit of these provisions in the Telecoms Package:
How should he address the issue on a deeper level (question the lack of transparency etc.) and what other MEP's and organissations connected to EU could we use to provide a clear message?
5) ACTA outside EU - Proposed by Nicco
How are the negotioations held in countries outside EU, how can we prevent the media from being a service of the state in countries or vice versa caused through corruption like in Mexico?
6) Work with other organisations? - Proposed by Nicco
FSF, EFF, FFII, ERDI, EuroISPA, IP Justice and La Quadrature Du Net etc. have campaigns that support our statement, how do we work toghether with them?
7) Anti-ACTA petition - Proposed by Mikulas (PPCZ)
How many signatures do we need, 100k, 1m? What is valid in each country, digital vs. analog? If digital should we do it ourself or use a established actor such as Avaaz.org for example?