|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
Difference between revisions of "Conference-offers/Osnabrück"
m (→Funding possibilities)
|Line 195:||Line 195:|
The Niedersachsen division decided on 2010-12-01 to offer €150 in case
The Niedersachsen division decided on 2010-12-01 to offer €150 in case
the conference takes place in Osnabrück.
the conference takes place in Osnabrück. German Pirate Party [http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/2010-12-02_-_Vorstandssitzung/Antr%C3%A4ge#Funding_fuer_PPI_conference Federal Board]
Revision as of 03:19, 8 December 2010
This is the application to host the conference at Osnabrück, Germany.
- 1 DATE
- 2 OFFEROR
- 3 PLACE
- 3.1 Osnabrück
- 3.2 The Venue
- 3.3 Transportation
- 3.4 Size of the venue (people, m2)
- 3.5 Number of chairs and tables available
- 3.6 Access for disabled persons?
- 3.7 Details on the sound equipment
- 3.8 Details on the video equipment
- 3.9 Details on the electricity setup
- 3.10 Details on the internet setup
- 3.11 Details on the streaming setup
- 3.12 Wardrobe
- 3.13 1-2 extra rooms?:
- 3.14 Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters)
- 3.15 Catering
- 4 TEAM
- 5 BUDGET
- 6 ACCOMODATION
- 7 EXTRAS
2011-04-02P2D 2011-06-18P2D 2011-06-25P2D
Not all of these dates are confirmed by the owner of the building, so this is preliminary/TBD. Confirmation is expected within week 48. It would be good to get a wishlist/priorization from PPI.
Osnabrück has successfully hosted a convention of the PP Niedersachen in March, 2010. The project team will be mostly the same experienced people.
Some nearby cities are:
There are voluntary helpers from Osnabrück and nearby cities.
Gymnasium in der Wüste,
Aula (Assembly Hall) Pictures
Address of the venue:
Kromschröderstr. 33 49080 Osnabrück GERMANY Google Maps
- approx. 4 km to Osnabrück central station, very good bus connections
- Münster/Osnabrück international airport (FMO) (winter flight schedule, direct bus connection):
- German destinations: FDH (Friedrichshafen), FRA (Frankfurt), MUC (München), NUE (Nürnberg), TXL (Berlin), STR (Stuttgart)
- European destinations: ARN (Stockholm), CPH (Copenhagen), DME (Moscow), FCO (Rome), GOT (Gothenburg), KRK (Kraków), LED (Saint Petersburg), OSL (Oslo), POZ (Poznań), STN (London), SZG (Salzburg), VIE (Vienna), ZRH (Zürich)
- HAJ (Hannover) (1:30 hrs by car):
- German destinations: FRA (Frankfurt), MUC (München), NUE (Nürnberg), STR (Stuttgart)
- European destinations: AMS (Amsterdam), BRU (Brussels), CDG (Paris), CPH (Copenhagen), DME (Moskau/Domodedovo), GOT (Gothenburg), IST (Istanbul/Ataturk), LED (St. Petersburg), LHR (London/Heathrow), MSQ (Minsk), PMI (Palma de Mallorca), PRG (Prague), RIX (Riga), SAW (Istanbul/Sabiha Gokcen), SVO (Moskau/Sheremetyevo), ZRH (Zurich)
- mideast/Asia: AER (Sochi), ESB (Ankara), KSN (Kostanay)
- BRE (Bremen) (1:19 hrs by car):
- German destinations: Berlin (Schönefeld), Frankfurt, Stuttgart
- European destinations: Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona (Girona), Bristol, Brüssel, Gdansk, Edinburgh, Faro, Fuerteventura, Porto, Paris (CDG), Riga, Stockholm (Skavsta), Tampere, Teneriffa, Toulouse, Venedig (Treviso), Zürich
- mideast/Asia: Antalya, Sharm el Sheikh
- DUS (Düsseldorf) (1:40 hrs by car):
- Intercontinental flights. see http://www.dus-int.de/_uploads/uploads/download_center/10_Flugplan/dus_flugplan_winter10_11.pdf
- FRA (Frankfurt. connecting flights to FMO)
- anywhere else
Size of the venue (people, m2)
appr. 300 (chairs only) appr. 200..250 participants (chairs + desks) See picture galleries of our conference in March 2010: http://ins.pirativ.de/gallery2/v/Presse+NDS/LPTNDS10/ http://inetpanel.net/themen/257/landerparteitag-der-piratenpartei-niedersachen http://blog.hillbrecht.de/2010/03/16/bericht-vom-parteitag-piratenpartei-niedersachsen-im-marz-2010-in-osnabruck/
Number of chairs and tables available
Since the building is a school, there are plenty of chairs & desks, which only need to be carried by our helper team.
Access for disabled persons?
Full access. Everything is on ground floor.
Details on the sound equipment
Available microphones and mixer have proven well suitable for a conference.
Details on the video equipment
One large beamer (see pictures)
Details on the electricity setup
There is at least 1x32A three-phase, which will comfortably power laptops etc., but no microwaves / kettles or the like.
Details on the internet setup
For a fee of €250 + VAT I was able to get a 14M/1M ADSL from a friendly Internet service provider at cost price, which I probably will be able to, again. With borrowed equipment we had a setup that suited our needs of LAN and Wi-Fi coverage very well. Re-using the connection for another event would cut the costs.
Details on the streaming setup
Our Member Florian "medienfloh" Schuster from Oldenburg would be happy to do the live A/V-stream again, like he usually does at our conferences. http://inetpanel.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/lightbox/DSC06157.JPG
was not necessary yet, but improvisation well possible
1-2 extra rooms?:
Break hall just outside of the assembly hall. Extra rooms tbd.
Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters)
Yes. See pictures.
There are volunteers who would provide coffee & snacks at small fees or for voluntary donations. If there is demand and participants are willing to pre-order at roughly 1 week in advance, we would provide hot food at affordable prices.
Contact data of project leader:
Kevin Price firstname.lastname@example.org +49-1525-6319036 Languages: de, en
Size of planning team:
Size of on-location team:
- Jessica ter Veer de,en
- Ralf ter Veer de,en (Internet)
- Bert Brandsen de,nl (Catering)
- Michael Berlekamp de (Social Event)
- Christian Haake de,en,pl
- Markus Barenhoff de,en
- Marina Weisband de,ru,en
- Daniel Ebbert de
- Philip Brechler de,en
- Juri Hößelbarth en, sv, fr
- Justus Römeth de,en,nl,(es,pl,cz) (travel)
- Benjamin Reschke de,en
- Andreas Laas de
- Martina Hattendorf de
- Arne Hattendorf de,en
- Kolja Dummann de
- Achim Müller +Emspiraten de,en
- Frank Mitzkatis de,en,tlh
- Fred-Oliver Jury de,en,(es)
- Simon Rupsch de,en
- Jens-Wolfhard Schicke de,en
- Florian Schuster de,es,en,(zh,nl) (Streaming)
- Claudia Jonda de,en,es
Approx. costs of the conference: (total and summary detail)
Approx. € 500 .. 800 w/o accommodation/travel
The last conference had a budget of ~€1000, and the expenses finally were in the order of €600. The major assets were ~€200 for hall cleaning, and €250 +VAT for the Internet connectivity. Some figures are just from memory right now, I will give more precise figures soon.
Additional funding concepts:
The Niedersachsen division decided on 2010-12-01 to offer €150 in case the conference takes place in Osnabrück. The German Pirate Party Federal Board agreed to donate another €300.
Sleeping directly at the venue is not possible.
Approx. number of hostels/hotels near venue:
Abundant. We will provide a list of possibilities from couchsurfing, camping, hostels, guesthouses to multi-star hotels. preliminary: http://www.osnabrueck.de/17961.asp
Approx. costs for accomodation for 2-3 days:
Most anything possible between €0 and €150 per night. More precise list will follow soon.
- Michael Berlekamp will organize a social event on Sat night at Big Buttinsky
- There will be live music performed by the NONSTOPS (donate afterwards if enjoyed)
- I would organize a proper OpenPGP keysigning party if desired