This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Board Minutes 2012-05-15

From pp International
Revision as of 19:26, 15 August 2012 by Dichter (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING'
--- 15/05/2012 19:00h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Lola, Gregory, Nuno, Ed, Denis, Travis excused: Jelena unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Jerry Weyer (PP-LU)
Pit Wenkin (PP-LU)
@collentine (PP-SE)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

Meeting opened at 19:18 CEST by Lola Meeting closed at 20:50 CEST by Lola Meeting chaired by Secretary for this meeting is Quorum is established. [6] Members out of [7] present Streaming started: No, Not possible yet. Recording started: Yes Postal votes: No RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

2 - PPI Board Rules of Procedure

http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

Proposals: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/RoP-new

Proposed Changes to the Paragrah 1 Current wording: "1. The provisional agenda of the regular board meetings shall be published in the PPI wiki the day before the meeting." Lola: Change the text to "1. The provisional agenda of the regular board meetings shall be published before the meeting " Elena's proposal: "1. The provisional agenda of the regular board meetings shall be published 48 hours before the meeting, and no less then 24 hours"

Statements: Lola recommends to adopt her change. Denis likes Lolas proposal. Nonnu suggest to change Elenas proposal to include only the "48h before the meeting" but remove the "less then 24h" part. Ed - i am agreeing with the spea 1st proposal: Lola, Ed, Nunno, Denis, Gregory 2nd proposal 1st proposal passed.


1. The board meetings are public, unless the board votes in favor of a secret meeting. The decision to hold a secret meeting has to be motivated. Proposal from Gregory: Chnage to 1. The board meetings are public, unless the board votes in favor of a non-public meeting. The decision to hold a non-public meeting has to be motivated.

votes yes: Ed, Nonu, Lola, Gregory, Denis proposal passed

Paragraph 4 current text: "2. The secretary of the meeting will write the meeting minutes and make sure they are published." proposal Lola: change to "2. The secretary of the meeting will write the meeting minutes."

votes yes: Ed, Nonu, Lola, Gregory, Denis proposal passed


Paragraph 5: Current Text: "2. A vote is only valid if more than half of the members of the board are in favor of the proposal. This is valid if four or more members are in the board. If less than four members are in the board a veto right is given to the minority. The decision will have to be reviewed at the following board meeting." Proposal by Lola: "2. Decisions are taken by a simple majority of board members present at the meeting. If less then 4 board members are present decisions require an unanimous vote. At least 3 members of the board need to be voting for a decision to be valid."

Discussion on what "unanimous" mean. And counting theoretical outcome of possible voting results during

yes: Ed, Lola, Nuno, Gregory no: Denis abstain: Travis

Remark from Lola: If someone has a better formulation, please come up with a proposal in the new

Travis McRea entered the meeting (19:41)

Paragraph 5 3. Board members not present at the meeting can vote on a proposal published in the provisional agenda by citing the proposal and expressing their vote in an e-mail sent to board@pp-international.net (postal vote). The postal votes shall be added to the votes casted at the meeting if the proposals are exactly the same. The postal votes shall be mentioned in the provisional agenda and can be repealed before they are added by a different postal vote or by a vote casted at the meeting.

Yes: Nuno, Ed, Denis, Lola, Travis, Gregory Proposal passed

Paragraph 6 Current Text: "2. The CAO is responsible for publishing the meeting minutes and links to the published meeting recordings on the PPI wiki." Proposal from Elena to change the text to "2. The CAO and social media (SM) admins from PPI are responsible for publishing the meeting minutes and links to the published meeting recordings on the PPI wiki max. 2 days after the meeting an on following platforms:on the PPI wiki, PP INT general maling list, PPI Twitter, Facebook, Google + and on PPI website (Wordpress, new one) under the special secton "PPI MEETINGS"with clear call to action for listeners - alternate members and with clearly stated obligations & rights during PPI meetings"

Yes: none No: Nuno, Ed, Denis, Lola. Travis, Gregory

Motion rejected

Proposal from Elena to add a new section "3. The CAO is responsible for emailing to the board the meeitng minutes and task list board members agreed about on the meeting"

Vote yes: Vote No: Lola, Nuno, Denis, Travis, Ed, Gregory Proposal rejected

Proposal from Gregory to put a new section "The minutes of the meeting are resolution minutes and contain the wording of motions and resolutions that had been voted on. In case of an non-public meeting the minutes contain instead the motivated resolution to have the non-public meeting (ref §4.1). Any board member can submit within 24 hours after the meeting a text of personal statement to the minutes explaining his or her particular vote to a motion or resolution."

Yes: Nunno, Denis, Travis, Ed, Gregory Abstain: Lola Proposal passed

Paragraph 7 Current text: "1. At the end of each regular meeting the board members will present a report with all the new developments concerning their respective tasks." Proposal Lola1. During each regular meeting the board members will present a report with all the new developments concerning their respective tasks.

Votes yes: Nunno, Denis, Travis, Ed, Gregory, Lola Proposal passed

New section proposed by Gregory "4. By the end of their term of office, each board member should create a text report of their activities."

Votes yes: Travis, Ed, Lola, Nuno, Denis, Gregory Proposal passed

REDMINE (1 week): Lola update the wiki page


3 - REPORTS

3.1 - Short report of the board members

Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.

  • Gregory: I have been to the NRW election party, had two interviews - one with the brasilian edition of Deutsche Welle (Radio) and one with Jewish News One (TV) (and a rather obscure one with a Punk You-Tube Station). Worked on appointed Tasks
  • Lola: A bit of social media and administrative work, together with Gregory started working, Helped Jerry working on the international pirate flyer http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Flyer, updated the List of Pirate Parties, Transfered the tasks of CAO to Travis.
  • Travis: Launched dotPirate - http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-domains-now-available-through-opennic-120515/ (a top level domain on the OpenNIC DNS system), Got responsibilities of CAO explained, The PP-CA make a "big" Order of merchandise for 500 CAD, contacting PP-FR for cooperation (because of the same color), working with tech-team (later in the redmine section of the meeting)
  • Ed: Keeping an eye on the ongoing situation with the PPUK Pirate Bay proxy which is receiving ~40gB of traffic a day and is being watched by the UK's "BPI", received an email from a PP-CAT member regarding reimbursal of costs from the GA in Prague. Awaiting any documentation required for role as Treasurer. Got the BBC to remove an unrelated photograph of a PP-DE member from a news article about abusive twitter messages
  • Denis: Last week I called the WIPO and asked whether membership costs anything and whether it's better to send our application by snail mail or in person by me. Also I planned a press work discussion meeting this evening at 21:00 CEST (probably it will be late ;).
  • Nuno: I have been trying to get everyone on board the Liquid Feedback boat, 17 already in and everyone else contacted through proper means. Also been analysing other liquid democracy software I didn't knew about (Liquidizer, ideatorrent and Adhocracy) and preparing a comparative document of strengths and weaknesses of all. Also found another free secret voting helper like http://www.opavote.org at https://modernballots.com this one implementing Schulze STV (more resistant than traditional STV to vote manipulation in small elections).

Remark from Lola: The report from Board members should be really short, and if you need to get more time on a specific topic, you should add it to a separate agenda item.

4.2 - Contact PP Ireland initiative

Redmine task #14, due date: 15/05/2012

Report by Gregory: let's discuss next meeting. I have found all the documentation.

REDMINE: 1 week

4.3 - Wiki page with the list of elected Pirates

Redmine task #110, due date: 08/15/2012

Report by Lola: http://int.piratenpartei.de/Elected_Pirates

REDMINE: task completed

4.4 - Call for Applications for Chief Social

Redmine task #131, due date: 08/15/2012

Report by Gregory: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/Job-CSM

REDMINE 1 week

4.5 - Tech Team

Redmine task #130, due date: 08/15/2012

Report by Travis: Started

REDMINE 1 week

4.3 - Calendar and Parrot

Redmine task #135, due date: 08/15/2012

Report by Gregory: Talked with Steffen - the auto-translatro for RSS feeds is broken. We need to find other providers for auto-translation - suggestions are welcome (Gregory have started looking into Yahoo Pipes)

REDMINE 2 week

5 - Content Creating

editing for new PPI website - proposed by Jelena

Postpone till the next PPI board meeting (because Jelena is missing)

6 - PR Committee

proposed by Jelena

Postpone till the next PPI board meeting (because Jelena is missing)

7 - Translation Task Force

How to engage them more - proposed by Jelena

Report Gregory: I had a three hours conversation with Boris Turovskiy (head of TTF), about TTF and about different collaborative translation tools. We have created a new Project on Redmine http://tasks.pp-international.net/projects/ttf and Boris is going to evaluate several tools now. If someone have experiences with collaborative translation tools, please get in contact.

Postpone till the next PPI board meeting


8- WIPO Application

We should officially vote to apply for an observer membership at WIPO - proposed by Gregory https://ppi.piratenpad.de/98

"Denis Simonet is appointed to manage the WIPO Observer Membership Application" Vote yes: Lola, Denis, Gregory, Travis, Nunno, Ed Motion passed.

REDMINE Denis 1 week

Next meeting: 22nd of May 19:00 CEST

Meeting closed: at 20:50 CEST by Lola