|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
PPI Coreteam Minutes 2010-03-08
- CORETEAM MEETING MINUTES
- PIRATE PARTIES INTERNATIONAL
- MARCH 8, 2010
1.1. Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Samir Allioui (CoreTX, Co-President)
- Will Tovey (Duke, CAO)
- Jerry Weyer (Jay, Co-President)
- Nicolas Sahlqvist (Nicco, CFO)
- Steffen Ortmann (SteffenO, SNMGO)
- Xavier Vila (XaviVila, CTNO)
1.2. Others Present
- Aleksandar Blagojevic (Blaeks, PPRs, proposed CTO)
- Gregory Engels (Dichter, PPDe)
- Jurgen Rateau (JaRrr, PPBe)
- pertain (PPDe)
- Starscream (PPRs)
- Meeting opened at 20:02 (CET) by Jay.
- Secretary for this meeting is Duke.
- Quorum established with 6 of 6 Coreteam members present.
- Meeting closed at 23:35 (CET) by Jay.
- Next meeting on Monday, March 15, 2010.
3. OPENING REMARKS
- It was noted that an emergency decision had been made on the 3rd March to permit PPNl to use the PPI account temporarily to collect funds as discussed in item 4.7 of the previous meeting. Over €1000 had already been raised.
- PPNl had announced its intention to compete in elections and was receiving substantial interest from the media.
4.1 - INDECT tf - Proposed by Valio
- It was noted that PPDe had set up a national taskforce against the INDECT project and would like to expand this globally through PPI. It was proposed that a taskforce mailing address be set up (email@example.com). Proposal Passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0).
4.2 - Conference Taskforce update - Proposed by Nicco
- It was noted that the EU had approved the conference and so now a registration system was needed (see 4.4). It was noted that the travel and food money from the EU will be between €35-450 depending on the city the delegate is from. The EU has a fixed table of locations and so will need a list of all participants. The food money is €35 and is designated for lunch but could be used for dinner on the Friday. The travel expenses are for financing a large part of the journey for 50 participants from EU countries, EU applicants and EU neighbouring countries. Those people will need to attend the visit at 2pm on the 16th April. The money will be paid directly to the group leader (nicco) rather than to PPI and will likely be in the form of cash and so can be handed out directly to the participants following the conference. The next major issue is a timetable for the conference (see 4.5).
4.3 - Proposal to use The Black Perl via PPBe in Brussels for contracts etc. - Proposed by Jurgen (PPBe)
- This is a company set up by Jurgen (PPBe) that would be capable of dealing with contracts for locations. At least €25 per participant will likely be needed for the location and this money should go through the new PPI account rather than directly to this system if used, however the new account will take approximately 6 weeks to set up. It was noted that using this system would be simpler and easier as it would not require the co-presidents to travel to Brussels to sign contracts. Further discussion was postponed until the following meeting due to a lack of information.
4.4 - Choice of web/site registration system for the PPI conf - Proposed by Nicco
- It was noted that there were two systems being worked on for the conference registration. One by PPBe (through JaRrr) based on Drupal and one by PPDe (through dichter). It was decided that JaRrr's system be used. (Dichter: 1| JaRrr: 4 | Abstain: 1)
4.5 - Conference program overview - Proposed by Jerry
- It was noted that a draft programme was needed for the conference. It was proposed that the draft would be published along with the registration system. Proposal Passed (Yes: 5 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0).
4.6 - Conference to do + general information on Wiki - Proposed by Jerry
- Some concerns had been raised about the lack of communication regarding the conference. It was proposed that a public page be set up on the wiki with all the relevant information. Proposal Passed (Yes: 5 | No: 1 | Abstain: 0) - no vote due to a recommendation to use the techteam page instead.
4.7 - Chief Technical Officer Application - Proposed by Jerry
- Aleksandar Blagojevic, the leader of PPRs was introduced and proposed himself for the role of CTO. He was responsible for establishing the web presence of his PP and managing several gatherings. He noted that he had 4 hours a day dedicated to PP activities. He also introduced starscream (also PPRs) who would be able to help him in the position. Proposal Passed (Yes: 4 | No: 0 | Abstain: 2) - abstentions due to concerns about introducing a new Coreteam member close to the conference.
4.8 - Statutes Taskforce digest mail + timeline - Proposed by Jerry
- It was noted that a digest had been written with the current discussions from the statutes TF and should be sent to pp.int.general and the leaders list to encourage more participation. It was proposed that the mail be sent out. Proposal Passed (Yes: 7 | No: 0 | Abstain: 0).
5. FINISHING NOTES
- An @pp-international.net account was set up for Blaeks.
6. TO DO
6.1 - An Indect taskforce will be set up.
6.2 - A draft timetable for the conference will be made.