|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
Difference between revisions of "PPI Minutes 2013-04-02"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Record of the meeting ==
== Record of the meeting ==
Latest revision as of 11:46, 2 May 2013
- 1 Record of the meeting
- 2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 4 3 - REPORTS
- 5 4 - Support for Anti-DRM day and "no DRM in HTML5 (proposed by Pat Mächler)
- 6 5 - PPI Logo Redesign (proposed by Jelena)
Record of the meeting
Audio recording: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20130402
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Denis, Nuno
- excused: Ed (will be at least 45 min late), Travis, Lola
- unexcused: Jelena
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 19:19 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting closed at 20:15 CEST by (Gregory)
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is all together
- Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: No
- Recording started: Yes
- Postal votes: No
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Gregory: the last 7 days I was on a vacation with communications shut down. All my activities was related to the PPI Kazan conference. The Interview with the Welt finally got published. I had conducted a first Kazan content preparation meeting discussing the already submitted Statutes Ammendments Proposals, minutes pad here: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/statutes-meeting-2013-03-20 . I have started to create conference hand-out materials, including my report.
- Denis: Again I was very busy the last two weeks so I unfortunately couldn't do much. I participated at the conference preparation meeting. It is getting better now and I'm going to look after a draft press release for the conference (as proposed by Pat Mächler) and WIPO meetings.
- Nuno: I was busy finishing up the PP-PT amendment proposals for this year's GA and also finishing up the initial procedures for the registration of PP-PT as a formal association. We had the election for our internal organs this last week. Been reading all the proposed ammendments submited to PPI.
3.2 - Report on open Redmine Tasks
3.2.1 - Redmine Task #165 - PPI HQ transfer
Redmine task #165,
- Update: Travis got the paperwork from the notary, signed it and is right now at the post office to send it back.
3.2.2 - Kazan conference
- Gregory: at the end of the early bird registration there were 62 registrations in the database. about half of the reserved hotel room contingent is gone. Till the end of this week we need to inform our members about the received applications and other motions. I am compiling the documents for distributing.
- Denis: We need to urge the people to submit aplications for PPI Board and other PPI Bodies.
4 - Support for Anti-DRM day and "no DRM in HTML5 (proposed by Pat Mächler)
Motions to the PPI board:
- The PPI shall support the petition "No DRM in HTML5" http://www.defectivebydesign.org/no-drm-in-html5
- The PPI shall support the International Day Against DRM on Friday, May 3rd, 2013 http://www.defectivebydesign.org/dayagainstdrm
- Texts shall be written and published according to the decisions taken
- PPI should urge parties to actively participate according to the decisions taken
- Gregory: I propose to decide now.
- Nuno: Denis should trace this.
Voting: unanimously yes.
5 - PPI Logo Redesign (proposed by Jelena)
- Discussion about the intermediate results from proposal that jelena have presented.
- Conclusion: this will not be done in time for the GA to decide.
- Next Meeting: 19:00 CEST on 16/APR/2013
- Meeting Closed: 20:15 CEST by Gregory