This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

Difference between revisions of "PPI Minutes 2014-11-29"

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
(1.1 - Members of the PPI board)
 
Line 25: Line 25:
 
:excused:  
 
:excused:  
  
:unexcused:
+
:unexcused: Stathis, Masa
  
 
==== 1.2 - Others ====
 
==== 1.2 - Others ====

Latest revision as of 19:31, 30 November 2014

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING

  • --- 29/11/2014 09:00h CET ---
  • Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
  • Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/International/Pirate%20Parties%20International/board%20meeting/board?title=Piratenpartei%20NRW&version=1.2.0

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-11-29

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Thomas, Bastian, Koen, Anders
excused:
unexcused: Stathis, Masa

1.2 - Others

Alternates:
Guests:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 09:17 CET by Koen
Meeting closed at 10:13 CET by Koen
Meeting chaired by Koen
Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present
Streaming started: Not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: none

3 Short Reports

Thomas: nothing to report
Bastian: Bankaccount is provided by PP-LU a.s.a.p.
IBAN: LU950026310080043500 BIC: BILL LULL
Invoices to members will follow
Koen and Anders has provided the needed documents and an appointment with Paribas Thursday 04 December in Brussels to set up an official bankaccount for PPI HQ. Bankaccount number will be available after the meeting 04 December. Bastian will be able to sign to register his signature either from home, or in any Paribas office where customer consultants are available.
Gregory was in communication with Tomasz about the PPI GA in WAW - he need some paperwork from us for communication with the venue. Also had an conversation with a possible host for one of the next ThinkTwice Conference.
Koen Taxes + Bank account. Filed Tax report, no copies of the filled form. Apparently we had a fine of 650 EUR for not delivering the report on time, that was waived. On Monday Koen will try to get the copy of the filled report.

Bastian wants to get a copy of the tax return as soon as possible.

4 Second and Next ThinkTwice conference

Gregory - do we have a financial statement of the Istanbul conference done?
Anders: I working on it every fricking day. Need information on Travel expenses and other expenses. I work on it every single day.
Gregory: When will you be finished?
Anders: Asap.
Gregory: Is there any way that we could help you?
Anders: we need to get the bank statements from PP-NO, and having trouble with it, so if someone can assist in getting hold of the that data, wellcome.
Thomas: we should postpone starting the planning of the next TT to after we had gotten the financial report from the Istanbul conference.
Koen: we should start planning the next one in two weeks, there is a danger of otherwise to postpone it indefinitly.

5 "online" General Assembly

suggestion: as nobody from the members seem to be interested to go for an "online" GA - stop the process for oGA in 2014. If the members are interested they are invited to prepare it in collaboration with the board for March/April 2015.
Everybody agrees
Koen: it is ok. we should write to the PP-Leaders, I will take care of that after this meeting.

6 Regions - Define Ideas about Regional/Continental Resonsibilities w/in PPI

Thomas: I have put this on the Agenda a while ago. There is an Idea that there should be a more closer contact between the board and individual regions. That not neccessary need to be limited to board members, we could task some people to maintain contact - we need close reporst on what is going on with individual members, and we need a process to gather this information.
Koen: I agree
Anders: How about trying to set up a system to make it easier for members to give the PPI board information about national and regional conditions.
Gregory: We have different ideas and understanding of the role of such coordinator and responsible person, and we shoudl discuss the outcome next meeting.

7 UN / WIPO / ITU / WSIS

  • Gregory: I have started compiling a list of events that are relevant to PPI. Will handle individual details on a later date.
The list of events is still not finished, there is a lot.
Since we cannot join WIPO directly, we have two option: 1) to set up a new international NGO consisting not of parties, but of indiciduals and join WIPO with it. 2) in the past we have used the ticket of CSC, and we could join CSC as full members and use it permanently for WIPO. http://www.civilsocietycoalition.org/
Koen: could we use PWB for it? - we should ask them.
Thomas: will be done this weekend
Gregory: we should persue all options. We should talk to Jamie about CSC.

8 Financial Situation

Filed tax report for PPI HQ for the financial year 2013 at the Tax Office in Brussels. From the financial year 2014 the tax report can be filed online.
Bastian: no changes. Content of the cash box: 358.06 EUR. Outstanding expenses: 120 EUR to Maxime for PPI GA Paris and 245 EUR for travel reimburcement for 1st ThinkTwice - so we are at minus 7 EUR. Still waiting for balance sheet of TT14 Istanbul as discussed above.
Koen: I have received the administrative bill for publication of the Statues changes of PPI HQ 122,94 EUR - payed by Koen.

9 AOB (being urgent)

http://pirate-secon.org/ has asked for PPI support. Anders: Motion to officially support the Secon project. Thomas will attend.
In favour: Thomas, Gregory, Anders, Bastian, Koen
against:
abstain:
  • Motion passed unanimously.
===================================================
Next Meeting: Saturday 2014/12/09 20:30 CET
Meeting Closed: 10:13 CET by Koen