This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2015-05-19

From pp International
Revision as of 18:13, 20 May 2015 by ThomasG (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING

  • --- 19/05/2015 20:30h CEST ---
  • Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
  • Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
mumble://mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de/International/Pirate%20Parties%20International/board%20meeting/board?title=Piratenpartei%20NRW&version=1.2.0

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2015-05-19

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bastian, Gregory, Stathis, Thomas, Marco
excused:
unexcused: Koen, Anders

1.2 - Others

Alternates:
Guests: macburns

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at : 20:45 CET by Thomas
Meeting closed at 22:46 CET by Thomas
Meeting chaired by Thomas
Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: none

3 Short Reports

  • Very brief
Gregory: I had a brief meeting with PP-LU, also I have visited the piratecon conference in Marianske Lazne, and had a couple of very productive disscussions there. I worked on the #ps15 and #mc10 conferences idea. Also, we have now our own collection on archive.org https://archive.org/details/piratepartiesinternational . The Mailman and Piwik is upgraded to the newest version.
Thomas: been to Mariánské Lázně (piratecon.eu), minor stuff in administration, some emails
Bastian: Participation in the Piratecon 2015 in Mariánské Lázně. Many talks on the subject PPI finances. Preparations for the PPI-GA 2015 accomplished.
Stathis: The last month I’ve been in pressure with my job, no time left for me and my duties for PPI.
Marco: exchanged mails before last meeting with Nuno about the LQFB Server. Talked other pirates in Milano about backup support for GA.

4 Meetings and Conferences.

  • GA 2015
Location in Poland, Warsaw is no longer available. Plan B had been visited by Bastian and Thomas.
Plan B: Łódź has been the proposal - (a University) - the place is usable. Got a quick Internet connection. Multimedia is available.
Bastian: we should ask Milano pirates first, if their offer is still standing.
Gregory: we also could cancel the whole GA and reopen the tender proccess.
Bastian: it is not really a problem to go to Lodz for those who already have booked their flight to WAW. We should wait, if Milan is available, but we could also find some other location in WAW (but it would not be easy).

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Offers_GA2014_-_Italy

  • Options:
Milano (even on a different date, but same location)
Lodz (same date, but different location)
Open call for hosting again with a new date (reopen)
Accept the additional cost for Warsaw as a location and raise the money (i.e. with the help of our members and sponsoring opportunities)
See below #PS15
estimated costs for Lodz 2-3,000 €
mentioned costs for Milano up to 2,000 €
additional costs for Warsaw ~1000€ (making it 2000€ total)
Strawpoll (approval)
Opt1 Milano: Thomas, Marco, Gregory
Opt2 Lodz:Marco, Bastian, Thomas
Opt3 reopen: Gregory, Stathis, Thomas
Opt4 Warsaw: Gregory, Marco, Bastian
Opt 5 --> see #PS15
Marco will check for the availability of the location in Milano
Remarks by Bastian:
We scouted Lodz and find out that scouting is mandatory.
Lodz is a good location, but a 2 hrs ride with train from Warsaw.
Lodz costs about 1,000 – 2,000 EUR more than the original offer.
  • Marco leaves at 21:24 CEST
Motion from Gregory:
Postpone the decision until this Saturday and ask our members in the meantime, in fact everybody on pp-leaders list, since our members would be the ones to travel to whereever the GA will be, so their opinion is relevant.
Vote:
Yes: Gregory, Stathis, Thomas
Nay:
Abstain: Bastian
The motion has passed.
Responsable person: Thomas
Next extraordinary board meeting: 2015-05-23 11:00 CEST - only agenda item: Decisons concerning the GA
  • Others
#MC10
The place and date for the 10th ministerial conference of the WTO is anounced - it will be at Dec. 15-18, 2015 in Nairobi, Kenia. http://mc10nairobi.org/en/ Since PPI has observer status with WTO, we can send in a delegation of six people and also offer some event (a panel discussion or some other talk).
Since there is still some time until the registration links will open, we should invite our members to cooperate with us to prepare this event.
TODO: write a mail to our members asking for input and also if someone wants to join the delegation to travel to Nairobi.
http://ppi.piratenpad.de/mc10-call4help
no objections, so decided.
responsible person: Gregory
  1. PS15
Gregory: I propose PPI is to organize a "Pirate Summer" vacation event for pirates. I have reserved a palace with surrounding grounds for July 31st until August 09th 2015. We can offer a full-board catering with stay from 18 Euro per day. Financial there is no risk - if there is less then 20 people, we will have no catering and have to cook ourselves, otherwise there are no fixed costs, only per person. The costs are calculated per person, the break even is at 10 people.
Proposal: PPI is acting as official organizer for the "Pirate Summer" (we can also ask other organizations (like PWB) to co-sponsor).
Nobody objects. :) - so accepted.
photos: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Piotrowice-Nyskie/288302209261

http://piotrowicenyskie.com/

Bastian: Ask PWB to move their international admin weekend from Warsaw to there.
Q&A:
Is there internet? Yes, there is WiFi in the main house, we will install meshed wifi-network to make coverage of the whole area. (Freifunk)
Could this be also a back-up option for having a GA there, if everything else fails?
If everything else fails, we could do it there. The way to there is however a little longer then to Lodz. The closest Airport is Wroclaw, but one would need to organize a pick-up from there (one hour drive)
invitation letter https://ppi.piratenpad.de/ps15
  • piratecon 16.1
PPI should support the organization of the next Piratecon (a conference for the pirates in municipal councils and/or parliaments and sent in persons etc.) - and file for grants at various institutions for this. (and also for #thinktwice, pirate summer, and other events and projects)
  • Motion:
PPI takes over the initiative and will organize these Piratecons in collaboration with the then offering host and maybe other organisations as official co-organizers. By Gregory and Thomas.
Nobody objects. :) - so accepted.
Responsible persons: Gregory and Thomas
  • Short break for 5 min. at 22:15 CEST

5 Currents

Thomas gives an overview about the current rumours and deliberatly spreaded lies about PPI.
Proposal by Bastian: article in PT about the truth, seconded by Gregory and Thomas
Gregory: We do not need PT if it focused on reporting the negative - we need a news service to focus on reporting the positive news about the pirates and this includes PPI, the negative reporting will be out there from our opositon soon enough. I would like to see a public discussion about the direction of PT, and if it is not going to change, we all need to cut the lines towards the PT and create a new one.
Bastian leaves the meeting at 22:46 CEST
postponed till next ordinary meeting.

6 Working commitees

Gregory: As a first step i have created mailing lists.
  • standing committee on public and press relations, elections and campaigning.
postponed

7 AOB (being urgent)

None
===================================================
Next extraordinary Meeting: Saturday 2015/05/23 10:00 CEST
Next ordinary Meeting: Saturday 2015/06/06 10:00 CEST
Meeting after the next: Tuesday, 2015/06/16 20:30 CEST
Meeting Closed: 22.46 CEST by Thomas