This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

Difference between revisions of "PPI Minutes 2016 10 24"

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "::'''Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING''' ::'''--- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---''' ::: Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hours ::: Wellington (New ...")
 
 
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
::'''--- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---'''
 
::'''--- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---'''
 
 
::: Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
 
::: Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
 
 
::: Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 08:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
 
::: Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 08:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
 
 
::: Tokyo (Japan)  Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 04:00 JST  UTC+9 hours
 
::: Tokyo (Japan)  Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 04:00 JST  UTC+9 hours
 
 
::: Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 12:00 PDT  UTC-7 hours
 
::: Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 12:00 PDT  UTC-7 hours
 
 
::: São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 17:00  BRST UTC-2 hours
 
::: São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 17:00  BRST UTC-2 hours
 
 
::: Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 22:00  MSK  UTC+3 hours
 
::: Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 22:00  MSK  UTC+3 hours
 
 
::: New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 00:30 IST UTC+5:30 hours
 
::: New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 00:30 IST UTC+5:30 hours
 
 
:::: Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 19:00:00
 
:::: Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 19:00:00
  
 
:: Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
 
:: Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
 
 
:: Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
 
:: Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
 
+
:: Audio recording: https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg
:: Audio recording: link
+
  
 
== Record of the meeting ==
 
== Record of the meeting ==
Line 31: Line 21:
 
=== 1.1 - Members of the PPI board  ===
 
=== 1.1 - Members of the PPI board  ===
  
::participating: ,
+
::participating: Ray,Bailey,Thomas, Andrew (Pad only),Guillaume
 
+
 
::excused:
 
::excused:
 
+
::unexcused: Keith, Koen
::unexcused:
+
  
 
=== 1.2 - Others ===
 
=== 1.2 - Others ===
Line 41: Line 29:
 
:Alternate Board Members
 
:Alternate Board Members
  
::participating:
+
::participating: Nikolay
 
+
 
::excused:
 
::excused:
 
 
::unexcused:
 
::unexcused:
  
 
:Guests
 
:Guests
 
 
::participating:
 
::participating:
 
+
:::Bastian (Padviewer)
:::
+
  
 
:::
 
:::
Line 59: Line 43:
 
:RoP:        http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
 
:RoP:        http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
  
:Meeting opened at __:__ CEST by Bailey
+
:Meeting opened at 21:05 CEST by Bailey
 
+
:Meeting chaired by Bailey
:Meeting chaired by Bailey?
+
:Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
 
+
:Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
:Secretary for this meeting is
+
 
+
:Quorum established with __ out of 7 board members present.
+
 
+
 
:Streaming started: not possible
 
:Streaming started: not possible
 
+
:Recording started: yes - https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg
:Recording started: yes/no - link?
+
 
+
 
:Postal votes: none
 
:Postal votes: none
 
 
:Notes on meeting process
 
:Notes on meeting process
  
 
* [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
 
* [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
 
 
* [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
 
* [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
 
 
* [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
 
* [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
  
Line 85: Line 60:
 
== 3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES ==
 
== 3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES ==
  
Minutes of the last meeting
+
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_10_09
 
+
YES:
+
  
 +
YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Guillaume
 
NO:
 
NO:
 +
ABSTENTIONS: Andrew
  
ABSTENTIONS:
+
Minutes approved
 
+
Minutes approved?
+
  
 
== 4 - REPORTS ==
 
== 4 - REPORTS ==
Line 101: Line 74:
 
* ''Board:''
 
* ''Board:''
  
* Guillaume:
+
* Guillaume: Awaiting for the bank's feedback,  Received an application from "French Pirate Lobby" for observer membership
  
 
* Bailey: Update from the board was published on the website a little over a week ago. Sorry I didn’t send the final draft to you guys, I meant to but also just thought it should get up there ASAP. It seems to be getting positive responses on social media and a few people messaged me saying they like the direction we’re going in. :) No new responses from members or non-members to feedback questions.
 
* Bailey: Update from the board was published on the website a little over a week ago. Sorry I didn’t send the final draft to you guys, I meant to but also just thought it should get up there ASAP. It seems to be getting positive responses on social media and a few people messaged me saying they like the direction we’re going in. :) No new responses from members or non-members to feedback questions.
  
* Andrew:
+
* Andrew: Travelling to Iceland today will meet with PPIS and international Pirates while I am there and report back.
  
* Keith:
+
* Keith: Is about figuring out the history of finance within PPI and for the way forward
  
* Koen:
+
* Koen: not present
  
* Raymond:
+
* Raymond: Nothing in particular to report in this format. Working on a basis for SoMe "Rules of Procedure". Will share with SoMe team when I get to a certain point.
  
 
* Thomas: Been busy with PPDE stuff covering my time. Sorry.
 
* Thomas: Been busy with PPDE stuff covering my time. Sorry.
Line 117: Line 90:
 
* ''Alternates:''
 
* ''Alternates:''
  
* Nicolay:
+
* Nicolay: nothing to report
  
 
* Patrick:
 
* Patrick:
Line 130: Line 103:
  
 
Patrick and Gordon of PPDE are attending and will update us on this.
 
Patrick and Gordon of PPDE are attending and will update us on this.
 +
 +
: Postponed to the next board meeting
  
 
== 6 General Assembly 2017 ==
 
== 6 General Assembly 2017 ==
  
 
The earlier we start on it, the less stressful it will be. :) We should start thinking about where we may want to have it and who we need to reach out to, as well as fundraising and other logistical things. We should probably have a separate meeting, but does anyone have any ideas at this time?
 
The earlier we start on it, the less stressful it will be. :) We should start thinking about where we may want to have it and who we need to reach out to, as well as fundraising and other logistical things. We should probably have a separate meeting, but does anyone have any ideas at this time?
 +
 +
* GA ought to be before June, 30th, 2017for tax reasons due to the AISBL in Belgium (deadline to deposit the approved financial report)
 +
 +
* the call for application for the venue should be drafted--> Thomas
  
 
== 7 Pirate Radio ==
 
== 7 Pirate Radio ==
 +
 +
* a technical working group set up a pirate radio, incl. the legal parts cleared by now. Thomas has booked a slot of one hour a month for start. Moderation could be done by Bailey due to here experience.
 +
 +
: Thomas takes care about the contact, so Bailey is in it soon and can take over, including preparing the radio format. To be discussed again about the format.
  
 
== 8 Icelandic Elections ==
 
== 8 Icelandic Elections ==
Line 167: Line 150:
 
::  Guillaume reminds the attendees as to the reasons of the relocation, as  it was clearly stated in the 2016 report of the board that the current hosting and IT arrangements were unsatisfactory, and created great hinderences in the work of the board and PPI @large.
 
::  Guillaume reminds the attendees as to the reasons of the relocation, as  it was clearly stated in the 2016 report of the board that the current hosting and IT arrangements were unsatisfactory, and created great hinderences in the work of the board and PPI @large.
  
:
+
: Guillaume reminds that we have a hard deadline by November 2nd to move our server to another provider.
 +
 
 +
:Ray contacts Bahnhof and will come back to Guillaume for renting a server according to the needed specs.
  
 
=== 9.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory ===
 
=== 9.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory ===
Line 211: Line 196:
 
* I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges
 
* I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges
  
:
+
: Awaiting the bank so it can be handled accordingly.
  
 
=== 9.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development  for 2016 ===
 
=== 9.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development  for 2016 ===
Line 231: Line 216:
 
http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters
 
http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters
  
: Update:
+
: Update: Nothing new
  
 
=== 9.7 Other ongoing projects ===
 
=== 9.7 Other ongoing projects ===
 +
 +
: none
 +
 +
: 15 Min break: Starting 21:35
 +
 +
: break is extended for about 10 min. Waiting for Pakki and Gordon
 +
 +
: Meeting is continued at 22:05
 +
 +
: Neither Pakki nor Gordon showed up
  
 
== 10 AOB - Any other business==
 
== 10 AOB - Any other business==
  
:
+
: Eulogy to be prepared. For social media. (McFadden)
  
 
:===================================================
 
:===================================================
  
Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2016-11-06 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)
+
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2016-11-06 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)
  
 
:Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 08:00:00 CET  UTC+1 hour
 
:Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 08:00:00 CET  UTC+1 hour
 
 
:Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
 
:Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
 
 
:Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 16:00:00 JST  UTC+9 hours
 
:Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 16:00:00 JST  UTC+9 hours
 
 
:Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 00:00:00 PDT  UTC-7 hours
 
:Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 00:00:00 PDT  UTC-7 hours
 
 
:São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
 
:São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
 
 
:Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 10:00:00 MSK  UTC+3 hours
 
:Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 10:00:00 MSK  UTC+3 hours
 
 
:New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 12:30:00 IST  UTC+5:30 hours
 
:New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 12:30:00 IST  UTC+5:30 hours
 
 
:Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 07:00:00
 
:Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 07:00:00
  
Meeting Closed: 00:00 CEST (00:00 UTC) by 0
+
Meeting Closed: 22:11 CEST by Bailey
  
 
[[Category:Board:Minutes]]
 
[[Category:Board:Minutes]]

Latest revision as of 23:10, 24 October 2016

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 08:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 04:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 12:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 17:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 22:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 00:30 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 19:00:00
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray,Bailey,Thomas, Andrew (Pad only),Guillaume
excused:
unexcused: Keith, Koen

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Nikolay
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
Bastian (Padviewer)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:05 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes - https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_10_09

YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Guillaume NO: ABSTENTIONS: Andrew

Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Awaiting for the bank's feedback, Received an application from "French Pirate Lobby" for observer membership
  • Bailey: Update from the board was published on the website a little over a week ago. Sorry I didn’t send the final draft to you guys, I meant to but also just thought it should get up there ASAP. It seems to be getting positive responses on social media and a few people messaged me saying they like the direction we’re going in. :) No new responses from members or non-members to feedback questions.
  • Andrew: Travelling to Iceland today will meet with PPIS and international Pirates while I am there and report back.
  • Keith: Is about figuring out the history of finance within PPI and for the way forward
  • Koen: not present
  • Raymond: Nothing in particular to report in this format. Working on a basis for SoMe "Rules of Procedure". Will share with SoMe team when I get to a certain point.
  • Thomas: Been busy with PPDE stuff covering my time. Sorry.
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay: nothing to report
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Pirate Shop

Patrick and Gordon of PPDE are attending and will update us on this.

Postponed to the next board meeting

6 General Assembly 2017

The earlier we start on it, the less stressful it will be. :) We should start thinking about where we may want to have it and who we need to reach out to, as well as fundraising and other logistical things. We should probably have a separate meeting, but does anyone have any ideas at this time?

  • GA ought to be before June, 30th, 2017for tax reasons due to the AISBL in Belgium (deadline to deposit the approved financial report)
  • the call for application for the venue should be drafted--> Thomas

7 Pirate Radio

  • a technical working group set up a pirate radio, incl. the legal parts cleared by now. Thomas has booked a slot of one hour a month for start. Moderation could be done by Bailey due to here experience.
Thomas takes care about the contact, so Bailey is in it soon and can take over, including preparing the radio format. To be discussed again about the format.

8 Icelandic Elections

  • Happening this Saturday, the 29th! Very exciting. It's still looking like a huge victory for the Pirates. You probably saw that the board received an e-mail from Elbert of PPNL asking us to publish a press release about it. So I started a new pad here for us to work on https://piratenpad.de/p/Iceland_Elections_2016__PPI_Press_Release
  1. PiratesForIceland Coordination: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/1/edit/Hb2Rg4Zrr100nSNa0Z7x1Q/Ur1GsppgX3xobOqjATB6v2Ro Let's help promote this all week!

9 Informative part

9.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/346

Work is ongoing to collect and update contacts.

  • Ongoing process
still on it

9.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/350

  • On going work from Thomas Gaul, which is in communication with Raymond.
https://ppi.piratenpad.de/2016-Server-New to be discussed and filled in
Thomas is summarizing the needed info from several source atm. Will be checked with Ray and sent to "Bahnhof", Sweden to find out about the price (1 server only atm)
Guillaume reminds the attendees as to the reasons of the relocation, as it was clearly stated in the 2016 report of the board that the current hosting and IT arrangements were unsatisfactory, and created great hinderences in the work of the board and PPI @large.
Guillaume reminds that we have a hard deadline by November 2nd to move our server to another provider.
Ray contacts Bahnhof and will come back to Guillaume for renting a server according to the needed specs.

9.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/354

Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain

services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!

A follow-up is required.

This should include even the tech stuff.

Please help out!

<https://ppi.piratenpad.de/Standinglist-Access-to-Services>

Nothing new. The information from secret will have to be added. Ongoing.

9.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/355

  • Work is ongoing.

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Fees

And where is the other part?

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Decisons_of_GA

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XVI._Affiliation_Fees

Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
Update:

9.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356

  • I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges
Awaiting the bank so it can be handled accordingly.

9.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/357

  • Identify the costs and incomes.
  • No new info about server costs
  • Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account

A draft provisional budget is now available here.https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit?usp=sharing

  • Please also look into:

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances_PPI_Headquarters

Update: Nothing new

9.7 Other ongoing projects

none
15 Min break: Starting 21:35
break is extended for about 10 min. Waiting for Pakki and Gordon
Meeting is continued at 22:05
Neither Pakki nor Gordon showed up

10 AOB - Any other business

Eulogy to be prepared. For social media. (McFadden)
===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2016-11-06 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)

Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 00:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 07:00:00

Meeting Closed: 22:11 CEST by Bailey