This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

Difference between revisions of "PPI Minutes 2016 12 26"

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
::'''--- [26/12/2016 08:00]h CET ---'''
 
::'''--- [26/12/2016 08:00]h CET ---'''
Monday, 2016-12-26 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)<br>
+
Monday, 2016-12-26 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 26 December 2016, 08:00:00 CET  UTC+1 hrs<br>
+
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 26 December 2016, 08:00:00 CET  UTC+1 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 December 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs<br>
+
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 December 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs
Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 December 2016, 16:00:00 JST  UTC+9 hrs<br>
+
Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 December 2016, 16:00:00 JST  UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 25 December 2016, 23:00:00 PST  UTC-8 hrs<br>
+
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 25 December 2016, 23:00:00 PST  UTC-8 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 26 December 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs   <br>
+
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 26 December 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs  
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 26 December 2016, 10:00:00 MSK  UTC+3 hrs<br>
+
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 26 December 2016, 10:00:00 MSK  UTC+3 hrs  
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Monday, 26 December 2016, 12:30:00 IST  UTC+5:30 hrs<br>
+
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Monday, 26 December 2016, 12:30:00 IST  UTC+5:30 hrs
 
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 December 2016, 07:00:00
 
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 December 2016, 07:00:00
 
:: Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
 
:: Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Line 19: Line 19:
 
=== 1.1 - Members of the PPI board  ===
 
=== 1.1 - Members of the PPI board  ===
  
::participating:
+
::participating: Bailey, Keith, Guillaume
::excused:  
+
::excused: Thomas,
::unexcused:
+
::unexcused: Andrew, Raymond, Koen
  
 
=== 1.2 - Others ===
 
=== 1.2 - Others ===
Line 38: Line 38:
 
:RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
 
:RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
  
:Meeting opened at __:__ CET by
+
:Meeting opened at 08:10 CET by Guillaume
:Meeting chaired by _____
+
:Meeting chaired by Guillaume
:Secretary for this meeting is _____
+
:Secretary for this meeting is Bailey
  
:Quorum established with __ out of 7 board members present.
+
:Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
 
:Streaming started: not possible
 
:Streaming started: not possible
:Recording started: yes/no
+
:Recording started: yes
 
:Postal votes: yes/no
 
:Postal votes: yes/no
 
:Notes on meeting process
 
:Notes on meeting process
Line 57: Line 57:
 
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_12_11
 
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_12_11
  
YES:
+
YES: Bailey;Guillaume; Keith
 
NO:
 
NO:
 
ABSTENTIONS:
 
ABSTENTIONS:
Line 68: Line 68:
 
* ''Board:''
 
* ''Board:''
  
* Guillaume:
+
* Guillaume: Swiss Major update,  the csource code of the e-voting system CHVote has been  uploaded on github: Swiss Pirates have been fighting for this for 4 years so this is a major victory!
 +
 
 +
ECOSOC membership app: Guillaume is lobbying other UN orgs to gain their support.
 +
 
 +
Guillaume has been approached about organizing a Global Internet Governance Conference which will take place in December.2017 in Geneva, as well as a Think Twice satellite conference
 +
        --Keith suggests a thorough finance plan for this. Also, crowdfunding?
 +
       
 +
        http://www.intgovforum.org/
 +
 
 +
* Bailey: Nothing to report aside from getting a "response" from Iceland re: PPI feedback...it was a conversation irl, and I will write up a report on what was discussed about PPI.
 +
 
  
* Bailey:
 
  
 
* Andrew:
 
* Andrew:
  
* Keith:
+
* Keith: I have not yet posted the membership fees, because I discovered a few irregularities and wanted to go over some details with  everyone here before posting. Please see the new membership fees list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit#gid=495221319
 +
 
 +
I will set up an infographic on the economic bias of PPs.
 +
 
 +
I have also not yet set up the Kraken. I believe we have abandoned the possibility of a PPI treasurer email. I set up a treasurer PP Israel email for the log in, but our admin warned me that it would be better to have the email with PPI. Otherwise, the goal of making the treasurer login independent of me will not work, as the email will still be stuck with PP Israel. I highly recommend that I create a random email for the treasurer log-ins. The log in username should be kept secret.
 +
 
 +
I will put together a protonmail
  
 
* Koen:
 
* Koen:
 +
N/A
  
 
* Raymond:
 
* Raymond:
 +
N/A
  
 
* Thomas:
 
* Thomas:
 +
Had a meeting with our platform player
  
 
* ''Alternates:''
 
* ''Alternates:''
Line 101: Line 119:
  
 
Work is ongeoing to collect and update contacts.
 
Work is ongeoing to collect and update contacts.
Keith will recieve from Guillaume the current contact database maintained on the swiss CiviCRM
+
Keith recieved from Guillaume the current contact database maintained on the swiss CiviCRM (2 lists)
  
And Keith will match that list with our list of registered member and non-member pirate parties.
+
Keith matched the lists with our list of registered member and non-member pirate parties. However the list is not up to date. Guillaume suggests doing a call out on the mailing list and Facebook groups for this information. Keith will contact Marie-France Perroud of PPCH to work on this as well.
  
 
I have updated these emails, concatenated the lists on the spreadsheet.
 
I have updated these emails, concatenated the lists on the spreadsheet.
Line 111: Line 129:
 
=== 5.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation ===
 
=== 5.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation ===
  
: new server is almost finished to be set up
+
: new server is almost finished to be set up, applications still need to be configured...Thomas is still working on this.
  
  
Line 121: Line 139:
 
Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain
 
Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain
 
services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!
 
services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!
 +
 +
Guillaume suggests that rather than figuring out who uses the services, we let them contact us if they want access (lots of people have access who are no longer involved in PPI).
 +
 +
Keith:  I am fine with Guillaume's plan, but I think we should send an email to pp contacts letting them know that we have disabled the accounts. Make a call for new admins, old admins to get involved again, and promote our application server revamp.
  
 
A follow-up is required.
 
A follow-up is required.
Line 140: Line 162:
 
Please see the spreadsheet and edit the number of representatives for countries that you know. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit#gid=495221319
 
Please see the spreadsheet and edit the number of representatives for countries that you know. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit#gid=495221319
  
 +
Again, we need to update our list of Pirate Parties and contacts within each PP.
 +
We need to set up a multiple contacts list, and then verify that list.
 +
Marie France and Keith will set up this contact list before the net meeting, as well as a draft email that we will show to the board before sending it for approval.
  
 
* Work is ongoing.
 
* Work is ongoing.
Line 149: Line 174:
 
: Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
 
: Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
  
 +
-Guillaume: We could send out 2015 invoices now and then 2016 a bit later. This is more in line with PPI bylaws.
 +
-Keith: Membership fees will go out before the end of the year but they're not totally accurate.
 +
        -next day or two
 +
Members will be asked to correct their own estimated membership fees based on current correct information for number of representatives, members, and budget.
  
 
: === 5.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system ===
 
: === 5.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system ===
Line 154: Line 183:
 
https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356
 
https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356
  
 +
-Keith will set up the email account and Guillaume will verify the details
 +
-bank account is basically empty, and awaiting on the bank transfers, but we have a little bit in the Paypal account
 +
-Guillaume and Keith will work this out after the meeting
  
  
Line 159: Line 191:
 
=== 5.8 Other ongoing projects ===
 
=== 5.8 Other ongoing projects ===
 
Proposal from Thomas: online general assembly in the spring?
 
Proposal from Thomas: online general assembly in the spring?
 +
-Guillaume will set some proposed dates for this and we will work out the details with members.
 +
 
-we  have to have the proper tools to do this, which we have been working on  and can probably finish in a reasonable amount of time.
 
-we  have to have the proper tools to do this, which we have been working on  and can probably finish in a reasonable amount of time.
 
-this can be discussed again at a future meeting to figure out exact dates, etc.
 
-this can be discussed again at a future meeting to figure out exact dates, etc.
Line 188: Line 222:
 
==7 AOB - Any other business==
 
==7 AOB - Any other business==
  
 +
-Guillaume and Bailey will put together a report from the board this week and have it ready by the 31st.
 +
-We will also start doing monthly newsletters on board updates, encouraging more participation, etc.
  
 
:===================================================
 
:===================================================
Line 193: Line 229:
 
Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-01-08 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT)
 
Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-01-08 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT)
  
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 14:00 CET  UTC+1 hour<br>
+
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 14:00 CET  UTC+1 hour    
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 9 January 2017, 02:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours<br>
+
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 9 January 2017, 02:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours  
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 22:00 JST  UTC+9 hours<br>
+
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 22:00 JST  UTC+9 hours  
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 05:00 PST  UTC-8 hours<br>
+
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 05:00 PST  UTC-8 hours  
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 11:00 BRST UTC-2 hours<br>
+
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 11:00 BRST UTC-2 hours  
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 16:00 MSK  UTC+3 hours<br>
+
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 16:00 MSK  UTC+3 hours  
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 18:30 IST  UTC+5:30 hours<br>
+
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 18:30 IST  UTC+5:30 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 13:00<br>
+
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 13:00
  
Meeting Closed: __:__ CET / __:__ GMT  by ____________
+
Meeting Closed: 09:07 CET / 08:07 GMT  by Guillaume
  
 
<noinclude> [[Category:Board:Minutes]] </noinclude>
 
<noinclude> [[Category:Board:Minutes]] </noinclude>

Latest revision as of 15:30, 26 December 2016

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [26/12/2016 08:00]h CET ---

Monday, 2016-12-26 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT) Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 26 December 2016, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hrs Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 December 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 December 2016, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 25 December 2016, 23:00:00 PST UTC-8 hrs São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 26 December 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 26 December 2016, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs New Delhi (India - Delhi) Monday, 26 December 2016, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 December 2016, 07:00:00

Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: link follows

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Keith, Guillaume
excused: Thomas,
unexcused: Andrew, Raymond, Koen

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:10 CET by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Bailey
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: yes/no
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CET by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_12_11

YES: Bailey;Guillaume; Keith NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Swiss Major update, the csource code of the e-voting system CHVote has been uploaded on github: Swiss Pirates have been fighting for this for 4 years so this is a major victory!

ECOSOC membership app: Guillaume is lobbying other UN orgs to gain their support.

Guillaume has been approached about organizing a Global Internet Governance Conference which will take place in December.2017 in Geneva, as well as a Think Twice satellite conference

       --Keith suggests a thorough finance plan for this. Also, crowdfunding?
       
       http://www.intgovforum.org/
  • Bailey: Nothing to report aside from getting a "response" from Iceland re: PPI feedback...it was a conversation irl, and I will write up a report on what was discussed about PPI.


  • Andrew:

I will set up an infographic on the economic bias of PPs.

I have also not yet set up the Kraken. I believe we have abandoned the possibility of a PPI treasurer email. I set up a treasurer PP Israel email for the log in, but our admin warned me that it would be better to have the email with PPI. Otherwise, the goal of making the treasurer login independent of me will not work, as the email will still be stuck with PP Israel. I highly recommend that I create a random email for the treasurer log-ins. The log in username should be kept secret.

I will put together a protonmail

  • Koen:

N/A

  • Raymond:

N/A

  • Thomas:

Had a meeting with our platform player

  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Informative part

5.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/346

Work is ongeoing to collect and update contacts. Keith recieved from Guillaume the current contact database maintained on the swiss CiviCRM (2 lists)

Keith matched the lists with our list of registered member and non-member pirate parties. However the list is not up to date. Guillaume suggests doing a call out on the mailing list and Facebook groups for this information. Keith will contact Marie-France Perroud of PPCH to work on this as well.

I have updated these emails, concatenated the lists on the spreadsheet.

5.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation

new server is almost finished to be set up, applications still need to be configured...Thomas is still working on this.


5.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/354

Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!

Guillaume suggests that rather than figuring out who uses the services, we let them contact us if they want access (lots of people have access who are no longer involved in PPI).

Keith: I am fine with Guillaume's plan, but I think we should send an email to pp contacts letting them know that we have disabled the accounts. Make a call for new admins, old admins to get involved again, and promote our application server revamp.

A follow-up is required.

This should include even the tech stuff.

Please help out!

<https://ppi.piratenpad.de/Standinglist-Access-to-Services>

Nothing new. The information from secret will have to be added. Ongoing.

5.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

Keith is working on a list and will send new spreadsheet.

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/355

Please see the spreadsheet and edit the number of representatives for countries that you know. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit#gid=495221319

Again, we need to update our list of Pirate Parties and contacts within each PP. We need to set up a multiple contacts list, and then verify that list. Marie France and Keith will set up this contact list before the net meeting, as well as a draft email that we will show to the board before sending it for approval.

  • Work is ongoing.

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Online_GA_2015/Fees And where is the other part? http://int.piratenpartei.de/Decisons_of_GA http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XVI._Affiliation_Fees

Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.

-Guillaume: We could send out 2015 invoices now and then 2016 a bit later. This is more in line with PPI bylaws. -Keith: Membership fees will go out before the end of the year but they're not totally accurate.

       -next day or two

Members will be asked to correct their own estimated membership fees based on current correct information for number of representatives, members, and budget.

=== 5.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system ===

https://tasks.pp-international.net/issues/356

-Keith will set up the email account and Guillaume will verify the details -bank account is basically empty, and awaiting on the bank transfers, but we have a little bit in the Paypal account -Guillaume and Keith will work this out after the meeting


5.8 Other ongoing projects

Proposal from Thomas: online general assembly in the spring? -Guillaume will set some proposed dates for this and we will work out the details with members.

-we have to have the proper tools to do this, which we have been working on and can probably finish in a reasonable amount of time. -this can be discussed again at a future meeting to figure out exact dates, etc.

6 Time and Date of Board meeting 2017

  • to be noted:

January 2017

Sunday, 08 January 2017 14:00 CET
Monday, 23 January 2017 21:00 CET

February 2017

Sunday, 05 February 2017 08:00 CET
Monday, 20 February 2017 14:00 CET

March 2017

Sunday, 05 March 2017 21:00 CET
Monday, 20 March 2017 08:00 CEST

April 2017

Sunday, 09 April 2017 14:00 CEST
Monday, 24 April 2017 21:00 CEST

May 2017

Sunday, 07 May 2017 08:00 CEST
Monday, 22 May 2017 1400 CEST

June 2017

Sunday, 11 June 2017 21:00 CEST
Monday, 26 June 2017 08:00 CEST


7 AOB - Any other business

-Guillaume and Bailey will put together a report from the board this week and have it ready by the 31st. -We will also start doing monthly newsletters on board updates, encouraging more participation, etc.

===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-01-08 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT)

Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 14:00 CET UTC+1 hour Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 9 January 2017, 02:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 22:00 JST UTC+9 hours Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 05:00 PST UTC-8 hours São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 11:00 BRST UTC-2 hours Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 16:00 MSK UTC+3 hours New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 18:30 IST UTC+5:30 hours Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 8 January 2017, 13:00

Meeting Closed: 09:07 CET / 08:07 GMT by Guillaume