This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

PPI Minutes 2017 01 08

From pp International
Revision as of 20:56, 10 January 2017 by ThomasG (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [08/01/2017 14:00]h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Ray, Koen, Andrew, Keith, Guillaume
excused: Thomas
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:09 CET by Guillaume_____
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 6 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: Yes at 14:10
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CET by (name)
Votes from Thomas have been transfered to Bailey

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2016-12-26

YES: Keith,Bailey,Ray,Thomas;Guillaume, Koen NO: ABSTENTIONS:Andrew

Minutes approved? Yes

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Nothing to report
  • Bailey: Nothing to report.
  • Andrew: Nothing to report
  • Keith: Spoke with Marie-France. We are splitting up the task of investigating the pirate parties that are lacking a unique contact. Who are our cashiers, other financial elected officials, who need to be updated on the wiki.I want to contact everyone about these membership dues.
  • Koen: Nothing to report
  • Raymond: Nothing to report
  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

ECOSOC application, in the first week of February. Is there anyone willing to go to New York to lobby for that application. Keith will contact Ohad Shem Tov, who is the chairperson for PP Israel, and is in New York right now.

Bailey maybe can also go.

It is available at the UN from the 31st of January and 7th of February

Do we delegate the decision to lobby to a person who is on-site?

Lobbying means speaking with various delegations on our behalf, and promising them that our candidacy is valid.

  • Text
YES:Andrew, Guillaume,Bailey,Thomas, Keith,Ray, Koen
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed: Yes


Minimal budget development for 2016

We need to get an update on our two old accounts: Dexia and Cashbox that need to be transfered?

We have an issue with both accounts.

What is the status of our current payments for the server? We will clarify in the next meeting about a schedule for making those payments.

Bitcoin Kraken Account is open for accepting payments, details of the account are on the Finances Wiki: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Finances

There is currently no cash in the bank account.

Keith will send another email to Sven and Bastian about the transfer of funds, including the entire board?

Yes: Koen,Bailey,Thomas,Ray, Andrew, Keith, Guillaume No: Abstentions:

Motion Passed


Membership Contact List

Marie France and I discussed today the logistics of sending an email and finding the email for all members.

How shall we go about confirming contacts? Shall we send an email that asks them to confirm that they are the correct contact? Ray will send us an email about this soon (Tuesday or Wed.) we will get a template that we can send to everyone. See what kind of response we get, follow up where we get error messages or nothing. We may need to call people as well.

We have a Wiki page on the list of parties that are officially recognized. The url is: http://wiki.pp-international.net/List_of_Pirate_Parties

We will also update this list, as the wikipedia list is more updated.

Ray recommends that we have two phases: 1) contact confirmation and 2) later sending a request for membership dues.

Do we agree to first send a contact confirmation based on the template that Ray will send?

Yes:Andrew, Bailey,Keith,Thomas,Ray,Koen, Guillaume No: Abstentions:

Motion Passed: yes

Additional Discussion on Wednesday: Ray has a plan. We will send it to as many people as we can. We are concerned to get a response and then we will follow up. So, on Wednesday evening, we will launch the contact plan.


Statutes PPI HQ, Brussels

http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes_PPI_HQ

The financial filing needs to be completed for 2015. The date of the statutes, since we also changed the board.

Koen is going to send us an email. He requires information, such as date of birth, address, full name, from the different members of the board.

Koen mentions there is a payment that is required for the filing? How much is it? He mentioned that he paid it 120€ twice before and asks if we can refund that payment. The payment was 120 euros for each filing?


124,63 is the exact amount

Do we agree to pay back Koen the 124,63 to make this filing with the Belgian authorities?

Yes: Guillaume, Andrew, Koen, Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Ray No: Abstentions:

Motion Passed: yes

6 AOB - Any other business

No updates about TT3.

Guillaume will forward to Bailey a request to edit a document

We have had problems with the German servers, as they are having IT problems of their own.

Thomas will update us on the mail migration.

Our goal is to move away from Google as our mail service provider.

We will have to reset the email passwords we used with Google when we transfer to the new system.

Online GA

Try to set up an online GA at the end of the 3rd quarter this year?

Yes: Guillaume, Andrew, Koen, Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Ray No: Abstentions:

Motion Passed: YES

What do we do when parties don't pay? The rules state that parties that they would loose their right to vote in the GA. However, if they do not have a budget, or rather a small budget of which they could only give 1%, then they can claim by the rules that they are exempt. With parties that don't have elected officials, can we assume on their behalf that they don't have a budget? Do we want to allow those parties that don't contribute financially to vote in the GA, so long as they just respond that they exist.

Is this an issue required for the GA to decide?

If there is no answer to the querry, the status of the party is suspended, pending further enquiry.

Using the word dormant instead of suspended, which will allow us to ask them if they are dormant. So perhaps we need to categories: dormant and suspended. On Hold is another term that we can use that sounds nicer.

We will proceed first with the queery of contacts.


We will proceed first with the query of contacts.


Date proposal for the online GA:


Would we rather have it on a Saturday or Sunday? Saturday:Andrew, Guillaume,Ray, Bailey, Thomas Koen, Keith Sunday:

Which date:

  • March 25th: Guillaume, Andrew, Bailey, Koen
  • April 1st: Guillaume, Keith, Andrew, Bailey, Koen
  • April 8th:Keith,Ray, Andrew, Bailey
  • April 22nd:Keith, Guillaume,Ray, Andrew, Koen, Bailey

Decision April 22nd, 6:0


===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 23 January 2017 21:00 CET CET (20:00 GMT) Meeting Closed: 15:17:00 CET (14:17 UTC)