This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net

<

Difference between revisions of "PPI Minutes 2017 12 28"

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "::'''Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING''' ::'''--- [28/12/2017 08:00]h CET ---''' ::: London (United Kingdom - England) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 07:00:00 GMT UTC ::: Berlin (Germ...")
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 09:53, 28 December 2017

Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [28/12/2017 08:00]h CET ---
London (United Kingdom - England) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 07:00:00 GMT UTC
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hr
Tokyo (Japan) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada) Wednesday, 27 December 2017, 23:00:00 PST UTC-8 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hrs
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
New York (USA - New York) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 02:00:00 EST UTC-5 hrs
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 04:00:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
Hanoi (Vietnam) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 14:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, 28 December 2017, 07:00:00
Audio recording: by Pirateradio, link follows
Video: https://zoom.us/j/6667772992

(Meeting venue was changed from Zoom to Mumble)

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Keith, Guillaume, Thomas
excused: Bailey (vote goes to Daniel),
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused: Gregory
unexcused: Adam, Etienne, Daniel
Guests
participating:
Bastian
Pirateradio

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:10 CET by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: pirateradio
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_12_10

YES: Thomas, Ray, Keith, Guillaume, NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved? Yes, minutes are approved.

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
Interviewed for evening news in Switzerland about Apple software downgrade issue. It was broadcast on December 20th, Interviews prior to that about net neutrality. Swiss pirates actively engaged
Referendum signature collection is coming to an end (100 days) on gambling law that wants to establish net censorship.
  • Bailey:
not present
  • Keith:
Wrote more messages for TT3. We need to forward the call for speakers further. I am planning on updating the website with venue information and information on visiting. Met with Bailey in Canada. I also have found some members to visit the UN in NY.
  • Koen:
not present
  • Nikolay:
not present
  • Raymond:
not present
  • Thomas:
Nothing of importance to report.
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
not present
  • Etienne
not present
  • Daniel
not present
  • Gregory:
not present
  • "honorary alternate board member" Bastian reports with technical details. The new wiki works fine, and we have an archive need. It is pretty much ready.
  • Short report from the machine room:
The content of the old Mediawiki had been transferred file by file into the new wiki
The new wiki works fine. Maybe we should set the new wiki to be “active” and switch the old one to read-only.
https://wiki.ppi.rocks/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!


5 - Patronage for Pirate Security Conference 2018

  • PPI will take over the patronage for the Pirate Security Conference in Munich in February 2018. Recognising the main part is organised by Alexander Kohler.
Reasoning: As we are looking forward to 2019 for "taking over" the conference it would be helpful to take over the patronage. PPI will present as a key partner however it does not have to carry the financial burden, is not involved in the costs for it in 2018. https://pirate-secon.org/en/
17th and 18th of February 2018 the event is taking place.
Question needs to be discussed next year about the costs for 2019. Usually the costs of the event is about 10,000 euros.
Pirate Party of Germany is the traditional organizer of the event, but they are reluctant to spearhead the operation again this year. The conference has not been a large priority for them for some time. Many small parties in Germany, local parties, are eager in being involved. Also, the Czech party is eager to collaborate.

For 2019, the intent is for PPI to contribute the organisation by cloning the setup currently developed for the ThinkTwice conference platform.

  • Motion: PPI will take over the patronage for the Pirate Security Conference in Munich in February 2018 - the main organiser of the event will continue to be Alexander Kohler. After further consulltations with the board, PPI will spearhead the organization of the 2019 event.
YES: Thomas, Keith, Guillaume
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Motion passed

6 – Finances

  • Transition process is ongoing

== 7 – Research ==https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2017-12-28

  • nothing today, so far our applications weren't succesful
  • lime survey, we should set it up. -- set up, a survey should be set up
  • please look for applications for grants that we can apply for.

8 – Monthly Coordinator Meeting

  • no news today

9 – ECOSOC/UN

  • Swiss pirates were in attendance at the UN event on Dec.
  • "The fifty-sixth session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD56) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 29 January to 7 February 2018." Is there anyone we can think of who can attend?
  • Keith recommends a couple people in NY. He will send a separate email about that.
  • We need to send letters in January that Guillaume needs to sign for groundpasses. Keith will prepare the letters for Guillaume. We need a list of who wants the groundpasses, and they will have to provide identifying information.
  • We can post messages on the leaders/admins and coordinators forums about the UN events.

10 – AOB - Any other business

  • Send out an invitation for the board meeting, so that everyone can attend. We should advertise the meeting so everyone knows, as well as where it is. The mails should be sent to all of the individual members. We need to work on creating an individual members mailing list.
  • We need to set up the calendar. --> already installed and working,
https://pirate-parties.net/calendar/
  • We also need to update the calendar of board meetings, in the minutes page: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Board_Meetings--> will be amended within these days.
  • We also need to get access for the Zoom account in order to have the meeting room open on time. We may need to purchase an account. --> to be discussed at the next board meeting
https://pirate-parties.net/calendar/
  • After the transfer is finished, the website urls need to be redirected back to pp-international.net


===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2018-01-08 14:00 CET (13:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 08:48 CET (07:48 UTC)