The Statutes of Pirate Parties International have been passed by the international Pirate Conference in Brussels from 16th-18th of April 2010. The Statutes were amended at the Meeting of the General Assembly that took place on 12th of March 2011 in Friedrichshafen.
The Statutes Amendment Proposals that were discussed at the conference in Friedrichshafen are here. The approved proposals were proposals number 1, 3, 4, 5a, 6, 7, 8b, 11, 13–23.
The procedure for amendments is described by the Statutes: They may only be amended by a vote of at least two thirds of the total Members of the General Assembly, on a regular or extraordinary meeting. The amendments can be proposed by any Member of Pirate Parties International at least four weeks before the meeting of the General Assembly in writing to the Board. The Board will send out the proposals to all Members at least one week before the meeting of the General Assembly.
The time after the Board receives the amendment proposals and before it sends them to the Members should be used to prepare a thorough version of the amendments, make any changes that are necessary, merge and polish proposals. The sponsor may, however, insist that the General Assembly votes on the proposal in the form that was sent to the Board.
The original version of the Statutes was discussed and signed by the delegates on the Conference in Brussels.
The original version of the Statutes is no longer valid and should be used for archive purposes only.
- PDF: Media:Statutes of the Pirate Parties International.pdf
- .ODT version: Media:Statutes of the Pirate Parties International.odt
- to be changed after first amendment of the statutes
- Italian: Statuto dell'Internazionale dei Partiti Pirata Marco
- Czech: Statut Pirátské internacionály (PPI) Jakub Michalek
- Spanish: Estatutos de Partidos Pirata Internacional (PPI) Quiquetux
- Portuguese: Estatutos do Pirate Parties International Nuno Cardoso